IGNORED

What was your political persuasion pre salvation?

~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm curious about whether you were right wing conservative capitolists before salvation? Or was that something that slowly changed in you after salvation? I read on the forums someone speak about communist leadings he harboured pre salvation and I've been thinking about it.

I've come from the far far left. Both fiscally and socially. I would have been happy as a communist. I enjoy structure and security, equality. I hated the thought that some miss out. I was pro everything except life it seems: gay marriage, abortion (hesitantly), health care. I was considering joining the army and had no hesitation about having my rights and ownership prescribed by a higher authority. Actually it was for that reason that I wanted to join. It's only been in recent years (~3 or 4) that I've given politics much thought from a christian viewpoint.

Don't make this an argument about what is right, I want to know where you've come from and where you are heading...

So, how long did it take for your political alignment to change, and how much have you changed?

Guest LadyC

salvation for me came as a child... but i did run from God for many years as an adult, and definitely did not live a christian lifestyle. even then, i was conservative.

I was a Democrat.

Pro-abortion, against anything Christian (or moral), thought the government owed me a living....

Then I got saved and saw the Truth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I was a Democrat but the abortion issue caused me to walk away when I came fully to the Lord. I am not extreme right wing now but I support only Republican candidates....even though I'm not a Republican. :noidea: I am way more conservative as a committed Christian.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I didn't much care about anything or anyone but myself.

You could have probably called me a good ole fashioned Kennedy Democrat though. The Ole supposedly moral order of the Party. I was raised by folks like that. They would now be called Conservatives or Reagan Democrats. Blue Dogs.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Democrat all the way. But to be honest, I was to high to even care.

I was brought up in the church and don't remember much from my pre-saved life (parents say I was four), but my political beliefs have undergone a transformation. I thought that the Republican Party was God's gift to politics. Now I don't. I am certainly more libertarian now (though not a member of the Libertarian Party), and not the Ayn Rand brand of Objectivist libertarian thought, more like the John Locke/James Madison type libertarian.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

Selfish ignoramus. I was swayed by the '60's, all the hippy liberalism, more because it seemed cool than any thought I put into it. I believed I could support it, but it was just the same pablum everybody dished out back then.

Kind of hard to separate influences. I got clean & sober, and realized every kettle sits on its own bottom, and came to believe in God all about the same time. The more I came to see reality is not a public relations exercise, the more conservative I became.

Interesting question, will be fun to see what others say.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I too came to Jesus at a young age. So, the question doesn't count for me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I was never a political animal, but I had communist leanings because I thought the ideology was practical and that equality and acceptance of each other as equals was an admirable goal...I had even got to the point where I could justify a few eggs being broken for the common good (violence).

When I believed the Gospel and encountered the risen Jesus, I threw all this altruism out the window. I am still not a political animal...in the UK we have three main parties...I would vote for any of them if I thought they had righteous leaders, pure motives and a viable vision for this country....mostly I end up voting for one particular party, not because I align myself with their politics, but because they are the best of a poor choice, and by voting for them it lessens the chance of a worse fate befalling our nation.