• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Not having food security will cause people to steal, beg, and resort to other desperate measures.

Please explain "Food Security."

The Lord has said this;

Mr 14:7

For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you will you may do them good: but me you have not always.

Your Chief concern is Christ. Then the Lord says that "Y-O-U" can do good to them whenever you wish.

Please expound on the concept of the Lord commanding you to give to Caesar so that he can feed the poor. Use Scripture.:thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Hello Matthitjah.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant.

When I said food security, I meant it more in the context of knowing that if you are hungry, you can simply walk to your fridge or cupboard and have something to eat. You know the food is there. That you don't have to stress out or worry about where your next meal is coming from.

I didn't mean it at all in the context of giving unto Caesar so that he can feed the poor.

My apologies if I wasn't more clear.

God Bless

No problem,

I always place a check on those buzzwords because the are used like a hammer at times and no one ever qualifies them.

I get it now.:thumbsup:

There are several things Mazlow states make for an adjusted person and therefore a society. It is a scale of higher needs and while it is used in Business as a model for the work environment it pertains to a healthy society as well.

They go like this starting with number 1 and ascending in a pyramid shape;

1. Physiological needs

2. Safety needs

3. Love and belonging

4. Esteem

5. Self-actualization

6. Self-transcendence

The base or physiological needs are first in order and without them a person will fall psychologically. So too a society.

The physiologocal include food, shelter, water, etc.....

The Homeless naturally lack this basis and all the other stuff fails because the base isn't solid. However, we have to remember that often they fail this basic need because they fail somewhere on the psychological. They are sin sick or even just plain sick. They need the Love of Christ and the restoration and healing of His Spirit. Then they can begin to see their need for the most basic foundation of higher needs.

Their highest need isn't "Food Security." Their highest need is the Love of Christ.:wub:

A holisitic approach is then necessary. The mind, body, and soul all need to be Ministred to in an attempt at reaching the whole person.

The Government fails miserably at this and any obscene amount of funding, which IMO will always falter, aimed at securing their basic physical needs will continue to fail. It will keep them alive. No doubt. However, their condition will still kill them and they will never arrive at the place of wholeness that will see them understand their higher needs.

"Food Security" as some would define it is a straw man. There are other higher needs as well. Should there be security in those areas as well? Then the Government will need to secure them a House, "Housing Security," a job, "Job Security," a family, "Family Security," morality, "Moral Security," sexual satisfaction, "Sexual Security Surrogacy, " :blink: etc...... all the way up a sliding scale that makes them a happy healthy productive member of society. The Government isn't God and shouldn't and can't be.

These things are ordained by God and He provides them through a relationship with Him.:wub: We are His hands and feet.:wub:

peace,

Dave

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Their highest need isn't "Food Security." Their highest need is the Love of Christ.:wub:

A holisitic approach is then necessary. The mind, body, and soul all need to be Ministred to in an attempt at reaching the whole person.

peace,

Dave

These two statement stood out above all others and I agree completely. The homeless shelter I work at does not receive any money from the government, but that does not mean they are handling the three essential part correctly. They assist with the mind and body well, but the soul lacks behind. This place tries all kinds of new age techniques. Most recently they started a drum circle to try and heal their inability to function in a group setting, as a team. They claim that the beat of the drums require them to have to work together as a team, all using the same beat. :blink:

When I was interviewed, they had already spoke to my last employer, who had claimed to be an atheist. They informed me that I cannot preach to anyone, but left the door somewhat open so if anyone asks me about my faith, I can answer. With the way the world is, not many people ask about ones faith unless they have already had some dealings with Jesus in the past. They seem to think that why I am like I am is because of this new age concept, which I really find disturbing. Maybe it is me, not spending enough time with them so they can get to know me? Having two hats, one being the network administrator, and the other being shelter staff, my time is very busy.

Yes, we are a triune creation, body - mind - soul/spirit, and need to be balanced in all three. When one side lacks in nourishment, that side becomes ill.

God Bless,

Alan