Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Since we have been covered by the Blood of Christ and live under Grace....

In forgiving our sins, past and present, did the Blood also restore the Tree of Knowledge to us?

We read that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was not for man at the time of Adam so it would seem its not meant for us today but frankly are we are all not eating of it daily? We know both good and evil where Adam and Eve seemed to not know that difference. Didn't those before Messiah also live under His grace? I often see so many say that those in the 'OT' didn't have His grace at all, boggles my mind really.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

In forgiving our sins, past and present, did the Blood also restore the Tree of Knowledge to us?

I am not understanding the question. The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not meant for us to begin with.

(The best explanation I've heard for what this tree is is it's the ability to figure out what is good an evil apart from God.)

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden,

Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

I guess I am looking at the "you shall surely die". Physical or eternal?

maybe both, but definitely physical. hebrew word for day same as for age so . . . read it as 'age' and it makes sense. they died the same 'day' they ate it. i am no longer sure they died spiritually as i used to believe.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I am not understanding the question. The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not meant for us to begin with.

(The best explanation I've heard for what this tree is is it's the ability to figure out what is good an evil apart from God.)

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden,

Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

maybe both, but definitely physical. hebrew word for day same as for age so . . . read it as 'age' and it makes sense. they died the same 'day' they ate it. i am no longer sure they died spiritually as i used to believe.

Their spirit did not cease to exist, it was separated from God, that is what 'spiritual' death is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Just for those who dine on a little wild/inspired speculation.....Don't forget that having a stab at Adams age being from the time he sinned, or from the time he was created, perhaps has to take into account Adams age to start with....but the Bible is clear and talks about the actual number of years he lived on the earth Gen 5:3. Some have speculated that Adam lived hundreds of years in the Garden of Eden, but the biblical account does not allow for this...and speculation is only of limited merit when it tries to fill in the blanks and not when it attempts to paper over what is abundantly evident.

Also both Adam and Eve were created and formed...they were not born, and ironically the first female came forth from a man, and as all children joke about, neither had belly-buttons.

We know they were not born, but we do not know that God didn't give them belly buttons anyway.

If you pick that sentence apart Fez, it doesn't necessarily say that they will die the day they eat of it...... it was the surity of death that happened that day. If you eat of it, some day you will surely die. If you don't eat of it you will live forever.

Neb, considering we are the entities that will judge the angels, I don't think I can agree that it was not meant for us. I think it was meant for Satan to furnish us with the capability to judge the angels. God, being a just God, would not want to create something to directly judge the angels since he was the injured party in their rebellion.

Just good universal judgment theories of mine.

BTW all, Adam was 130 when seth was born, so the garden, Cain and Able's births and Able's death happened in the first 130 years of Adam's life.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Just for those who dine on a little wild/inspired speculation.....Don't forget that having a stab at Adams age being from the time he sinned, or from the time he was created, perhaps has to take into account Adams age to start with....but the Bible is clear and talks about the actual number of years he lived on the earth Gen 5:3. Some have speculated that Adam lived hundreds of years in the Garden of Eden, but the biblical account does not allow for this...and speculation is only of limited merit when it tries to fill in the blanks and not when it attempts to paper over what is abundantly evident.

Also both Adam and Eve were created and formed...they were not born, and ironically the first female came forth from a man, and as all children joke about, neither had belly-buttons.

Adam might have been created mature, but he was still created new. I'm going with 930 years from his creation til his physical death, I see no other way to read the text.

:thumbsup: ...That was my whole point.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I would also like to ask on what earth did Adam live? I would think that the earth was probably changed after the fall. So would we consider that also? Would we consider that the world that Adam as created into was not the same world that we was banished into? Just more wild speculation. :laugh:

Lol....well Scripture doesn't use the word 'earth'...it simply says he 'lived/existed' for 930 years in totem.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

:emot-handshake: