~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I couldn't help but notice that the 5.2 earthquake in Alaska that happened yesterday did not make major headlines, nor did the Vancouver riots. There is so much chaos happening right now that I don't think the media can even keep up. There are now protests happening in the city I work in. Is it just me or have things been diminishing quickly lately? Anyone else feel it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

I couldn't help but notice that the 5.2 earthquake in Alaska that happened yesterday did not make major headlines, nor did the Vancouver riots. There is so much chaos happening right now that I don't think the media can even keep up. There are now protests happening in the city I work in. Is it just me or have things been diminishing quickly lately? Anyone else feel it?

If I'm not mistaken Alaska gets a lot of earthquakes and outside the local news they would need to be a bit higher magnitude to reported. But that doesn't take away from your point. I think people are starting to get desensitized so it is taking more and more to actually make it news worthy. The bad thing is this is only the beginning.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I have been watching the world get crazier for some time now. Why the media doesn't cover it is because we have become so use to all types of violence that this is just some of the same old stuff. Nothing likle this shocks us any longer and the news needs to shock people in order to sell.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I know it's become cliche to talk about the world getting worse and it being a sign of the end times, but I can't help but feel that we are in the last days. Of course, we've been in the last days for a while now, but that's hardly the point! :laugh:

Yes, I feel that things are getting worse. It's flat out horrifying to watch the news these days and that's just the stuff they do report! It can only say that I am grateful for God's grace and that I know He will take us through whatever comes.

5 people were stabbed, police cars were tipped over, tear gas was performed, businesses were looted and hundreds (I think they said) were injured. And this doesn't shock people anymore? That's scarey.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

From someone who grew up with earthquakes, including large ones that included riots and killings, this is horribly sad yet its exactly whats been happening for a long time. I know living in CA quakes came in clusters, small ones with no 'biggies' then the big ones would hit. Just like the tornados, things are cyclical, hmm men should learn God also works in cycles. I was speaking to my mom, even with her alzheimers she remembers every decade or so they would get hit with bad ones. I even remember the '74 tornado that took out downtown where she lives. I do think we are witnessing the birth pangs of the coming Kingdom.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

We live in times of technology and media

We live in times of technology and media

Matthew 24

6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  14

Totally agree that it is getting worse. It matters not who you ask you get the same response. Bikini's for infants for pete sake!! Have people gone cuckoo??