• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am interested to know what others download speeds are, Where I live, the speed on wireless (we don't have a fixed line), is very slow and can be very frustrating when posting at times.

The site is My link'

I use it often and it is legit.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I use Speakeasy and my test results are 18.22 Mbps up and 3.63 Mbps down. You site tells me I am 18.31 Mbps up and 3.77 Mbps down.

Are is your speed?

I use Speakeasy and my test results are 18.22 Mbps up and 3.63 Mbps down. You site tells me I am 18.31 Mbps up and 3.77 Mbps down.

Are is your speed?

:laugh: I am lucky to get 1.5 Mbps up and .50 down. It is one of the reasons that when people post external links I often do not go to them. I have (seriously), at times opened Worthy and gone and made a cup of coffee.

Welcome to the African reality in outlying areas :whistling: (our towns are a lot faster...), but we cannot get anymore lines in here, so wireless is the only way.

Don't feel bad, Fez.

Get into the rural areas here in the U.S. and its pretty much the same thing. Your choices usually boil down to either Dial-up (land line phone) or wireless for Internet access. There are some who have satellite access, but that can have problems with weather, etc. Things are different in town where you have more choices and more speed too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Fez, at home our ping-seak time is almost always less than 100 ms, and the download speed is 3meg.

We are at a condo in Vail Colorado and with an ATT hot site, the ping timing is about 200 ms, and the download speed on three tests averaged about 600k and upload speed of 370k

This place is slow to what I'm used to at home, but home is slower than it used to be. (long story).

I've been in some motels with supposedly high speed wifi that has had such slow speed I just gave up and turned the laptop off.

Fez, at home our ping-seak time is almost always less than 100 ms, and the download speed is 3meg.

We are at a condo in Vail Colorado and with an ATT hot site, the ping timing is about 200 ms, and the download speed on three tests averaged about 600k and upload speed of 370k

This place is slow to what I'm used to at home, but home is slower than it used to be. (long story).

I've been in some motels with supposedly high speed wifi that has had such slow speed I just gave up and turned the laptop off.

From the replies (except for that show off OneLight :whistling: ), tell me that I am not as bad off as I thought.....

It varies greatly here. The last test (when I logged on now) was 75ms ping, download .94 Mbps and upload .30 Mbps.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

I got

813ms ping

1.60 mbps down

.06 mbps up

On satellite.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

How do I check my speeds? I am still on dial up and I actually get fair downloads, but video is impossible.

From the replies (except for that show off OneLight :whistling: ), tell me that I am not as bad off as I thought.....

It varies greatly here. The last test (when I logged on now) was 75ms ping, download .94 Mbps and upload .30 Mbps.

:o ... it's cable, bro!

Are is your speed?

Is this your wireless speed

yes. I have cable in, connected to a Netgear N600 dual band gigabit wireless router. If I used a cat 5e cable, it would be even faster. I do this for a living, constantly connecting to our servers at work to fix things when I am home. If I had dial up, I'd have to get dressed and drive there. :33: