• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Does anyone know about this affiliation of churches that teaches "rightly dividing the word..." as the central theme of theirs more or less? They all so set Paul's Gospel as predominate over Peter's.

I really have no better way of describing this church, but I think they are related/ tied with the Pensacola Bible School and Rev. Peter Ruchman. They have Grace in the name of this church and every church in this affiliation I think.

I am very wary of their teaching, so if anyone has any knowledge I would appreciate any insight.

Sorry can't help with the church itself. But dividing the Word in any fashion does not seem to be a good idea to me.

agreed. My compus has always been if you can't back it up with scripture then don't buy into it. If you are a solid Christian and it seems to me that you are, I would listen to what is being spoken in your spirit by the Holy Spirit. You said have "fallen into" That to me sounds like a cult. My suggestion is don't walk but run. I would love to have you come into Chat and share how your doing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

My compus has always been if you can't back it up with scripture then don't buy into it. If you are a solid Christian and it seems to me that you are, I would listen to what is being spoken in your spirit by the Holy Spirit. You said have "fallen into" That to me sounds like a cult. My suggestion is don't walk but run. I would love to have you come into Chat and share how your doing.

Not good a chatting at all! Don't worry, I am going to leave any church where Christ in not center but some doctrine.

Thanks to 'Rustyangel' and all the others who have reply and tried to help me, not to worry, I'm outta there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

I totally agree with onelight and silver shawdow beware of false doctrines yes the Lords da leader always study His word when in doubt ok He wont confuse you for Hes not the author of confusions

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Sorry can't help with the church itself. But dividing the Word in any fashion does not seem to be a good idea to me.

We are instructed to rightly divide the word of truth, I'm not sure what that means though.

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

orthotomeō:

1) to cut straight, to cut straight ways

a) to proceed on straight paths, hold a straight course, equiv. to doing right

2) to make straight and smooth, to handle aright, to teach the truth directly and correctly

Smells like a cult to me. Run. While you can.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

Many threads that start the way yours did are of those wanting to justify where they are and not actually listen to effect change. I'm so impressed that you wanted opinions to actually consider them. When I prayed about what church to go to I prayed that my husband would feel like he's sitting on the couch when we entered therein if it was the place for us. (he's a big biker guy so thats a tall order :) ... not too tall for our Lord, we are Loving our church! Bless your heart and God bless you as he leads you to the place of fellowship that HE approves and where His Holy Spirit is happy.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Many threads that start the way yours did are of those wanting to justify where they are and not actually listen to effect change. I'm so impressed that you wanted opinions to actually consider them. When I prayed about what church to go to I prayed that my husband would feel like he's sitting on the couch when we entered therein if it was the place for us. (he's a big biker guy so thats a tall order :) ... not too tall for our Lord, we are Loving our church! Bless your heart and God bless you as he leads you to the place of fellowship that HE approves and where His Holy Spirit is happy.

Oh thank you so much, I guess I always knew in my heart that this church was off center and off focus -- Christ. I am so discouraged about church, either they are trying to work something up in the flesh and call it God or the pastor is trying to build a name for himself/herself or their is something else that turns me off.