• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

nQzTvGJo38421p_0.jpg

May you find your place here at Worthy...

May the things of the pass, be healed through the love of God extend in love by others here...

May the things that the devil has stolen from you..be restored double fold...

May you walk in the fullness of the Lord as you come to know Him more...

In Jesus Name, Amen.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

You should go to college for a philosophy degree and not worry about a future job. A job comes later after finishing your degree. You may start in one degree and you might discover other degrees for which might be more suited for you. God will guide you on your journey. Many of us compare ourselves with others whilst we should be concentrated on God. I added English Language to my degree, my essays have become master level - doing level-2 presently - and not concerned with my age or future job because He does everything for me. I am the puppet and He is my master, and more importantly I want to be His servant and Praise Him everyday. Maybe a good idea is to stop using the word 'wrong' as other have also said because God does not let us do wrong things.

Blessings

If everyone is telling you that you're wrong, some of them are probably right.

Evidently that's hard for you to believe....you prefer playing the victim. I'm tired of the game and not interested in being bitten anymore, so good luck with all that.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I can find God in everything else but people. How sad is that?

It's not only sad, it's pathetic. God Loves and died for people. If you don't Love those whom you can see and touch how are you going to Love God whom you can't?

1Jo 4:20

If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

1Jo 4:21

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves God love his brother also.

There is no condition for that Commandment. You must Love your brother. Even if his rotten breath stinks or his B.O. offends.:emot-handshake: It's like honoring ones Father and Mother. The command doesn't say to honor ones parents only if they are lovely God fearing people. They might be loud mouthed swearing drunks, but in honoring them there is a blessing.

Sorry, for being particularly blunt, but I can see why you are getting the reaction that you are. :blink: Ministry starts with listening. You can't teach if you won't listen and you won't learn if your ears are closed off.:wub:

P.S. God also Loves the Church. It's His Bride and He gave His life for her.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  2

It's been a long time since I've been here. I left because I felt rejected and misunderstood. I said some things that came from my heart and suddenly no one talked to me anymore. No one asked questions, no one tried to understand. I was judged and promptly rejected. No one bothered to look at their own level of faith to see if there was something lacking. It was easier to see me as the "whacko", which justifies (to themselves at least) writing me off. I get enough of that in my day to day life. I thought it would be different here. It should be anyways.

I only care about learning and growing in God. That means taking risks with what you think you know about God. If you really trust Him, He won't leave you. He stayed with Jesus the entire 33 years He lived on earth. Jesus met with all sorts of ideas and traditions. He learned from the "wisest" of men and yet, through it all, God kept Jesus' knowledge and wisdom and truth safe. He kept His wisdom safe when Jesus began His ministry, which debunked and infuriated and frightened a lot of people. He kept it safe when the "wise" men began to fight back against Jesus' teachings. He stood accused yet remained innocent. God kept Jesus' wisdom safe even through His crucifixion. He kept it safe because through it all, Jesus trusted God. Jesus even prayed God would keep and protect the disciples' faith (John 17). I pray the same.

I'm not afraid of someone shaking my understanding. Shake away. Teach me. Challenge me. See what I become. You can't crumble my faith in God because you can't crumble God.

But if people here are afraid of being shaken, I'll go somewhere else.

I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm hurt, I'm angry, and I am really lonely.

I too have *ran from places*, the problem is we run out of places to *run to*.... At some point in our life, walk, we have to stop..... Put on the breaks and say, *hey, where am I going ? and just who am I running from? * .... I found out, when I was running, I was running from my worst enemy, ME !!!

I am just gong to say that..... I am *stopping* and let you decide if you want to hear more......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Welcome Back Stormy612

I look at people and ask God why I'm suppose to listen to anything they have to say anymore. He's the source of all truth and wisdom, after all. I don't need people to know Him. The proof is in the pudding. All that I know of God, He taught me (He fed Isaiah through ravens, remember). People have taught me the ways of the world and of sin-NOT of acceptance and love and all the good things God talks about in His word. But God wants me to talk to others because they also reflect Him. I'll only ever learn so much of God from my own perspective. To learn more of Him, I need to find Him in others. Unfortunately, all I see in people right now is the world. I haven't seen God yet. I can find Him in nature, I can find Him in books, I can find Him in music. I can find God in everything else but people. How sad is that?

My name is Dennis. I would like to take a little of your time and share some of the things I have learned in the course of my 60 some odd years here on earth.

The first is: God loved me so much that He sent his one and only Son to Die for me on the Cross. I know this because I read it in the Bible and several preacher told me so.

Joh_3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The second thing I learned was: The easiest thing to find on God's green earth is someone to tell me/you all the things I/you can not do.

The third thing was: That it was by Grace that I was saved, through Faith and this was not because of anything I did, so I can not boast.

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Eph 2:9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

The forth thing I learned was: The Church is made up of people who like me were sinners from the start and was saved while they were yet sinners. I also learned that the Church is not a museum for the saints, but a hospital for the sinners. I learned that I am not perfect and I will at times make some bad choices in life.

I have also learned; That very often I was my own worst enemy as I foolishly built stumbling blocks on the path that I was on to success, happiness and to GOD!

I have also learned that God, does use people to help me, to guide me, and to teach me things I need to know. In all truthfulness I can say, that I have never met anybody that I can not learn something from. Not to say that all the things I have learned were good in the eye of God.

God loves you.

May God bring peace to your heart and understanding to your soul.

Dennis.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yeh. That must be it. I'm just having a bad day. You're right. I'm wrong. Typical.

Actually all yod asked you was if you were having a bad day and needed to vent, as many of us here do from time to time.

He never said he was right and you were wrong.

You were wrong however, in attacking him.

Relax, try not to be so defensive and lets see if we can work through this with you.

Blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Stormy - I'd love to be able to go on a hike in the woods with you and share stories.

I have a strong mind, too, so I can appreciate that - and how it tends to annoy people.

I've also been through a lot of pain and rejection and feeling like an outsider in everything. I came to an understanding not long ago that the Lord has me go through the pain as a means to teach me compassion. People like us with strong minds can so easily become intellectual jerks...you've probably had experience with people like that (I have at least). I'm still struggling with the disconnect between my mind and my heart.

The Lord does love your mind. But your mind needs to learn how to love. I speak to myself as much as to you. Unfortunately, it takes feeling pain and chipping away at the mental arrogance (natural side-effect to a strong mind; comes with the territory) to bring that out.

Again, I'm only speaking the steps I have walked in. I hope this makes sense to you.

:emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

If you say "church" to me, I'll say "power hungry, prideful hypocrites"; you say "parents" to me, I'll say "liars"; you say "friend" to me, I'll say "backstabber"; you say "teacher", I'll say "master manipulator". I don't possess "normal" associations with the "good things of God" so telling me these things are "good for me" only makes me see you as "one of them." I look at people and ask God why I'm suppose to listen to anything they have to say anymore. He's the source of all truth and wisdom, after all. I don't need people to know Him. The proof is in the pudding. All that I know of God, He taught me (He fed Isaiah through ravens, remember). People have taught me the ways of the world and of sin-NOT of acceptance and love and all the good things God talks about in His word. But God wants me to talk to others because they also reflect Him. I'll only ever learn so much of God from my own perspective. To learn more of Him, I need to find Him in others. Unfortunately, all I see in people right now is the world. I haven't seen God yet. I can find Him in nature, I can find Him in books, I can find Him in music. I can find God in everything else but people. How sad is that?

Hi stormy...

I've read the replies and exchanges... revealing in many ways I guess.

Its funny what we pick up on when reading each others posts...when I read the above, I didn't disregard what you expressed, but my focus was on that little aside in brackets, 'He fed Isaiah through ravens' and all I could think was...'surely he meant Elijah?' so I double checked in case Isaiah had a similar experience. 1Kings 17:1 Now Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the settlers of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, surely there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.” 2 The word of the LORD came to him, saying, 3 “Go away from here and turn eastward, and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. 4 “It shall be that you will drink of the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to provide for you there.” 5 So he went and did according to the word of the LORD, for he went and lived by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. 6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he would drink from the brook. 7 It happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there was no rain in the land.

I get the impression that G-d was able to teach Elijah a few home truths as he was stuck away on his own hiding from everyone and yet reliant on surviving by taking food supplied through the word of G-d from an unclean creature such as a raven...must have tested his theology and even made G-d chuckle.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

If you say "church" to me, I'll say "power hungry, prideful hypocrites"; you say "parents" to me, I'll say "liars"; you say "friend" to me, I'll say "backstabber"; you say "teacher", I'll say "master manipulator". I don't possess "normal" associations with the "good things of God" so telling me these things are "good for me" only makes me see you as "one of them." I look at people and ask God why I'm suppose to listen to anything they have to say anymore. He's the source of all truth and wisdom, after all. I don't need people to know Him. The proof is in the pudding. All that I know of God, He taught me (He fed Isaiah through ravens, remember). People have taught me the ways of the world and of sin-NOT of acceptance and love and all the good things God talks about in His word. But God wants me to talk to others because they also reflect Him. I'll only ever learn so much of God from my own perspective. To learn more of Him, I need to find Him in others. Unfortunately, all I see in people right now is the world. I haven't seen God yet. I can find Him in nature, I can find Him in books, I can find Him in music. I can find God in everything else but people. How sad is that?

Hi stormy...

I've read the replies and exchanges... revealing in many ways I guess.

Its funny what we pick up on when reading each others posts...when I read the above, I didn't disregard what you expressed, but my focus was on that little aside in brackets, 'He fed Isaiah through ravens' and all I could think was...'surely he meant Elijah?' so I double checked in case Isaiah had a similar experience. 1Kings 17:1 Now Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the settlers of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, surely there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.” 2 The word of the LORD came to him, saying, 3 “Go away from here and turn eastward, and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. 4 “It shall be that you will drink of the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to provide for you there.” 5 So he went and did according to the word of the LORD, for he went and lived by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. 6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he would drink from the brook. 7 It happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there was no rain in the land.

I get the impression that G-d was able to teach Elijah a few home truths as he was stuck away on his own hiding from everyone and yet reliant on surviving by taking food supplied through the word of G-d from an unclean creature such as a raven...must have tested his theology and even made G-d chuckle.

Yeh. It was Elijah. I can never keep my prophets straight.