Pahu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

But what do you make of how Christians are treated in Islamic nations?

The prudent see evil coming, and HIDE;

but the foolish pass on, and are punished.

Okay... So your answer is to hide. Where should we hide from Islam? There are what 6 continents correct? What do you propose?

I'm confused by this... :noidea:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

So, are you then condemnig what Martin Luther King, Jr. did as being against Scripture?

Where did you read that?  I'm not commenting on Martin Luther King, I'm commenting on the word of God.  I don't follow humans, I follow the Word of God, Jesus Christ, who is our example.  Since Jesus Christ is the example we have to follow, why should a Christian look at anyone else as an example?

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Of course He did!

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 

And we are still changing it!

Can I get an Amen!

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment. Yes, we are to make disciples of people, but we are not to involve ourselves in the things of the world.

John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For everything in the world--the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

Edited by WalkTheWay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

pointing to the same: Well GE, The Heifer plainly states that those who do not follow Christ are doomed. This is nothing short of amazing, considering the time period when the Qur'an was written, and the rampant RCC of the time; and Muslims were being persecuted almost as bad then as they are now. But really, your Q is important because if they are not producing fruit for Christ, in whatever terminology they might use, then they are doomed; and why talk about the dead?

Also, it kind of depends on whether you are asking about Islam, or the Qur'an, imo; one is the religion that is doomed to fail, and the other is a peoples' Scripture that many follow, who have gotten above their religion--and it is these that are compatible, when one is able to see God in them. Just like they--miraculously--have recognized that God may be in us.

Ha not sure how much sense that makes, GE, sorry. But see, I know that Christianity is doomed to fail, also, as hard as that might be to grasp. Christianity does not = Christ. Just another stronghold of satan, the CEO. Religion must be defined as "Man's attempts..." here, so understand. Christ will overcome Christianity, too.

Your words show you are muslim.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Okay... So your answer is to hide. Where should we hide from Islam? There are what 6 continents correct? What do you propose?

I'm confused by this... :noidea:

God bless,

GE

Um, GE, with all due respect there are seven continents.  Just wanted everyone to have their facts straight.  Love you all. :biggrin2:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But what do you make of how Christians are treated in Islamic nations?

The prudent see evil coming, and HIDE;

but the foolish pass on, and are punished.

Well, at least you are admitting that Islam is evil.

Um, GE, with all due respect there are seven continents.  Just wanted everyone to have their facts straight.  Love you all. :biggrin2:

Well, add the adjective "habitable" and he's correct. :mgbowtie:

So, are you then condemnig what Martin Luther King, Jr. did as being against Scripture?

Where did you read that?  I'm not commenting on Martin Luther King, I'm commenting on the word of God.  I don't follow humans, I follow the Word of God, Jesus Christ, who is our example.  Since Jesus Christ is the example we have to follow, why should a Christian look at anyone else as an example?

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Where did I read that?

Look at your words:

If Martin Luther King, Jr. thought this the way you present it, he would not have changed the nation. Yes, he was non-violent, but neither did he do nothing to confront evil.

Not certain what Martin Luther King has to do with God's commandments.  Jesus Christ commands us to follow the Laws of Almighty God, not humans.

Here's a scripture that tells all Christians what their fate will be if they truly follow Christ:

Revelation 13:7 The beast….It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.

Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

Perhaps people need to come to the realization that the example that Jesus Christ gave us signifies that we must be willing to die for our faith in the same way that he died, like a sheep led to the slaughter, without lifting a finger against the enemy.

Additionally, Jesus Christ never instructed his followers to change the world, why? 

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

You are stating that Jesus never instructed us to change the world, that we are basically to allow evil to have its way with us.

Ergo, your are by default claiming that Martin Luther King, Jr. was disobeying the commands of God by taking his stand against evil.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing" 

God doesn't want us to roll over and play dead. He works THROUGH us for a reason!  As the world becomes more evil, the more difficult it is for Christ and His followers to "fight the good fight" but that is what He calls for us to do in His name.

Islam IS a threat! Just look at Europe and all of the problems they are dealing with.  Youtube Geert Wilder and he will let you know what his country (Dutch Party, Netherlands) have been dealing with.  England alone has at least 85 courts who now allow sharia law to be practiced in their court room. This is a very serious matter and we need to remain aware, as Christians, just what islam's overall goal is.

Taquiyya is taught in islam which means to lie in the name of allah. 

"islamophobia" and the like were invented by the muslim brotherhood as a way to scare people in submission and to be "tolerant" and not ask questions. 

We need to inform ourselves and be aware of what is REALLY going on here... they are taught on a completely different level and martrydom (i.e. suicide bombers) is praised by its followers and a means to salvation.

Look up Brigitte Gabriel and learn about her backstory. She is a Christian who is very informed about islam and also runs an organization called 'Act for America'. You can find her on youtube and her story is very touching and informative.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Also just for the record, during my time in the Middle East I had noticed the odd behaviour of many Muslims (but this was before I knew anything about Islam). I noticed how friendly and hospitable they could be. Even today I have Muslim friends, but I also noticed an underlying fatalism that they had, and that some of them could act extremely brutally often for no clear reason. It was behaviour that I could simply not understand, until I researched Islam and then it all became clear to me.

Yes, they surely have their own problems; I'm not meaning to deny any of that.

But I don't have to look that far to find problems, and ones that affect me, personally;

that I can remediate. And I certainly have no desire to pointlessly insult the decent,

practicing Muslims by associating them with those who aren't.

I agree with you. Muslims are not my targets of insult -  Islam is. But unfortunately what do we call them, the people who follow Islam? A lot of people use the term 'Islamist' to describe the ones who are violent and intolerant, and save the term 'Muslims' to describe those who aren't. But unfortunately the word 'Islamist' is a contrived word that makes no sense. If I use the term 'Muslims' I reserve for it for the generalization of the Ummah - the Muslim collective, and it is not meant to be an attack on all individual Muslims.

In order to come up with an acceptable term for them, one would have to assume that they would be talking about them;

and I would prefer to discuss getting with the good ones, rather than even acknowledging the bad ones,

for the most part anyway--they are a symptom, and until it is acknowledged that an unoppressed people

would not get radicalized to the extent that they would terrorize the general populace, Christian and moreso Muslim,

I don't think a constructive conversation can even be had there.

We tend to demonize Islam as if it had only one face; because it mostly does, to us, this mask.

These acts of terrorism are very widespread, however, and the people involved so differing in their views,

and complaints, that they are only nominally in the same group, "Islam." They might actually be better classified 'the illiterate,'

those most averse to authority, and most susceptible to an emotional approach.

Just as you will most likely never hear a sermon on

Every inch of skin will be stripped from you,

many Muslims surely believe that they are called to a physical Jihad,

if that is what their Imam tells them. Why expect them to be any different than Christians?

And so, Islam is their enemy. Ha. What a trip. But what matters to us is

how Islam will affect us tomorrow, yes? And I suggest that It will affect one in direct proportion to

the amount of attention given It--see if it doesn't.

I can see that you know little of the teachings of Mohammad.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

You are stating that Jesus never instructed us to change the world, that we are basically to allow evil to have its way with us.

Ergo, your are by default claiming that Martin Luther King, Jr. was disobeying the commands of God by taking his stand against evil.

You are reading way too much into my writing.  My point is that I am quoting Holy Scripture and you're bringing up a person that is not quoted in Holy Scripture.  To reiterate, the only example every true Christian should be following is the example of Jesus Christ.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing" 

God doesn't want us to roll over and play dead. He works THROUGH us for a reason!  As the world becomes more evil, the more difficult it is for Christ and His followers to "fight the good fight" but that is what He calls for us to do in His name.

Yes, we are to fight the good fight and here is a quote from the word of God telling us exactly who we are to fight and how:

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Edited by WalkTheWay