• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

It's a shame to read some of these comments, it's as if some of you forget what being a Christian is............

We don't judge another mans servant.............. NEVER!!! we don't speak ill of him, we don't put our mouth on him. Joel is not against the Lord Jesus, loves the Lord Jesus, has helped millions get their life right when everyone else was telling them what a worthless sinner they were. Shameful.....

Jesus said to his disciples that shut down a man rebuking devils.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

I think it would so some of you good to actually follow in the Word what you read. You do read, don't you?

Joel's ministry is to edify people in the Lord, he sticks with what he was told to do, He is not many masters as they receive a greater condemnation. Like we have some around here, he just sticks with what he was told to do, that is it.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Not every body is called to feed the poor, called to do TV, called to preach sin all the time, called to teach end times all the time. We have have a part, It's called the body of Christ.......

So Joel would not put anybody in Hell on Larry King, I watched it............. Shameful once again for those of you with no understanding. Joel was baited, but held his ground. You can't put groups of people in Hell, and continue to run a TV church. That is just being stupid, and economically irresponsible. You start offending people you loose the ability to reach those people........... Yet those who do not much of anything for the Lord sitting at home typing on some forum know all about running mega churches and reaching millions.................... Get real!!!!! Your not even in the same league to open your mouth or type something against.

Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Joel is also not God, not the judge, we are also not God, not the judge. Joel has enough smarts to know he is not God, or the one sending folks to hell. Seems some around here can't grasp that.

Mormons are Christians............(I don't know if it's the purest form of Christianity,)

Once again............ If Mormons are not Christians, Mormons go to hell, Joel offends Mormons, Joel can no longer reach Mormons........

Joel found something positive to say about them, they believe in Jesus, He looked for the good in them. Who else might do that????? ummmm... anybody know? Ummm....

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

All that have judged Joel, Guess what God said............ What measure you meet, it shall be measured back to you.... So, because your not perfect yet like God, you have to accept the same Judgement you gave. Now how smart is that???

So unless you have preached to millions, run a mega church, know how to handle public relations and hostile media, have dealt with the pressures of constant attacks, I would just zip it............... Stay home on your computer and type nice things...........

Be blessed, if possible.

So do you think it is right for him to go TV ( maybe international ) and say there are many ways to heaven when Jesus said I am the only way?

Edited by coheir

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

It's a shame to read some of these comments, it's as if some of you forget what being a Christian is............

We don't judge another mans servant.............. NEVER!!! we don't speak ill of him, we don't put our mouth on him. Joel is not against the Lord Jesus, loves the Lord Jesus, has helped millions get their life right when everyone else was telling them what a worthless sinner they were. Shameful.....

Well, that's the problem. Osteen IS ANOTHER MAN'S servant because he certainly isn't God's. I've never put my mouth on him tho... :31:

I think it would so some of you good to actually follow in the Word what you read. You do read, don't you?

Frankly, everyone responding who realizes that Osteen is NOT preaching Christ crucified ...the power of God for salvation... IS following the Word.

Joel's ministry is to edify people in the Lord, he sticks with what he was told to do, He is not many masters as they receive a greater condemnation. Like we have some around here, he just sticks with what he was told to do, that is it.

Osteen is a false prophet preaching peace peace when there is no peace. In an interview some days back, he said...to ALL Americans...God is on YOUR side.

Yes, apostate America...God is on YOUR side! Rejoice in your adulteries and your harlotry and your mocking ....yeah...good ole Osteen, eh?

Joel has enough smarts to know he is not God, or the one sending folks to hell. Seems some around here can't grasp that.

Why the vitriole? Are YOU the judge?

Mormons are Christians............(I don't know if it's the purest form of Christianity,)

If you actually believe that Mormonism may be the purest form of Christianity, you do not have an actual grasp on what Scripture teaches. I can see you believe

strongly....in something...and I've read quite a few of your posts...and frankly, I am not really sure what all you believe at this point. I can tell you though, that

whatever it is, is not what I would care to partake of

Once again............ If Mormons are not Christians, Mormons go to hell, Joel offends Mormons, Joel can no longer reach Mormons........

Have that all figured out do you? What actually happens, is that Joel NEVER preaches the truth and everyone goes to hell unless they have an encounter

with the real Lord Jesus...not the candy coated smiling beatific and dimpled la la la Jesus the girl that Osteen wants us to hold hands with and sing

I love you and God loves you and there is no such thing as sin...we just have bad habits....la la la...

Joel found something positive to say about them, they believe in Jesus, He looked for the good in them. Who else might do that????? ummmm... anybody know? Ummm....

I wonder how hard Osteen had to look to find something positive...he's just like them.They do not believe in Jesus as the Incarnate Son of God...honestly...where do you get this? I don't think you know anything about Mormons or what they believe...

Actually, the devil tells them every day they are just fine.

FYI, although they (Mormons) have gone to some length to make nice, what the elders have actually taught and believe, is the blasphemy that Jesus was married to Mary, Martha and the other Mary and that God was once a man and now lives in heaven practicing polygamy. Is that what you believe? Do you believe we should just chuckle like Joel and look

the other way? What about exposing lies? If Jesus is your Savior, you think it is OK to represent Him that way? I certainly don't. Jesus is not a man and he was not

a polygamist or a sinner.

All that have judged Joel, Guess what God said............ What measure you meet, it shall be measured back to you.... So, because your not perfect yet like God, you have to accept the same Judgement you gave. Now how smart is that???

You are taking scripture out of context...what you are quoting has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with judging righteously...which scripture does tell us to do.

Believer's should not be tossed around by every wind of doctrine and certainly not lies and false teaching.

So unless you have preached to millions, run a mega church, know how to handle public relations and hostile media, have dealt with the pressures of constant attacks, I would just zip it............... Stay home on your computer and type nice things...........

I guess that Jesus Himself would not be good to go in your eyes then if the above is how you judge.

Oh...FYI...Joel has a busload of lawyers to deal with ...cough cough cough...'attacks'...he does not need God to help him out at all

How is it you think you can tell everyone here to zip it? Quite a big imagination there

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight:

Forgive me if I happen to point out something obvious here. You claim it is shameful to judge, yet you are doing exactly what you call shameful by judging the posts of others.

ughh, your right!!! I guess I knew that...... I did know that, but speaking ill of people when you have not walked in their shoes, about people that do love the Lord, gets my goats. I guess one could tell by my post.

I don't watch Joel, but I know people that really have been helped by him, I don't watch brother Hinn, and bless God I wish the man would have done what he said he was going to do, and not have said some things he said.

I know better than to Slander them though in public, talk bad about them, and put them down. I don't personally know them, and I am not the Lord.

As a baby Christian I use to talk bad about Catholics, and Mormons, and anyone else I did not agree with............ As Paul would say, I have learned. When I become perfect, Just like Jesus, with zero faults. Then I might make a few comments.

Be blessed.

You mentioned what Paul wrote. He also wrote the following about judging others. If he, being an example to us, judge those who are inside, we also need to judge when we see something wrong.

1 Corinthians 5:3

For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.

To allow sin to grow, all we need to do is say nothing about it. This is not Christ like, for Jesus continued to warn people about false teaching. We are to warn people when we see danger. In this case, the danger is the preaching of prosperity

Paul wrote this to Timothy.

2 Timothy 4:1-5

Preach the Word

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Who we are not ot judge are those who are outside, for their judgment comes from God, not us. Read 1 Corinthians 5.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

No, Jesus is the only way. Anyone preaching different we should certainly turn them off. I don't listen to Joel myself. I do believe there is a lot of junk on Christian TV, stuff we should not pay any attention to. It suffice to say that I don't believe like that, and drop it. We don't have to call out names, and judge. We are called to work out our own salvation in fear and trembling, so we have to watch what we allow in.

Joel never said there were many ways to heaven. That is what the headlines said. I watched the interviews in question.

Really? Here it is from the interview transcript. He sure isnt saying Jesus is the only way.

KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?

OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...

KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?

OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God with judge a person's heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

FYI, the bible tells us not to have anything to do with false preachers. Not to invite them in our homes. Not to eat with them. Not to greet them.

2 John

9 Everyone transgressing and not abiding in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son.

10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house, nor speak a greeting to him.

11 For he who speaks a greeting to him is partaker of his evil deeds.

Remember the Bereans were praised for comparing the words of Paul against the words in the bible to judge the rightness or wrongness of what he said to them. Should we not emulate Paul and compare scripture to osteens words to see the rightness or wrongness of them? Osteens words do not measure up to scripture. I am using righteous judgment on that.

Acts 17

10 And the brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. They, when they arrived, went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11 And these were more noble than those of Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind and searched the Scriptures daily to see if those things were so .

12 Therefore many of them believed, and quite a few of honorable Greek women and men.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I think that is a fair observation Mark.

I have a few criticisms of my own, but in light of some of the things you have said and experienced first-hand they are not relevant at this juncture

besides I think others have stated some of my worries about his ministry. (He would make a good toothpaste advert though :) )

I'm surprised that you never made a decision to follow Jesus while going to his Congregation.

All the best. Botz

Botz, I made that decision in 2001 at his congregation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2

I never seen Joel Olsteen in person, so I can't say yea or nay on the matter. However I did meet one person that did attend one of Joel's services and he was impressed. I will have to ask this person how much scripture did Joel use in his message. I do agree that a message that isn't backed by scripture, isn't really "The Word" message at all.

Did anyone ever see Joel Olsteen live?

His sermons come on live on Sundays check out his website and it'll have the exact times. As far as how much scripture is used well only one verse is read at the beginning of the "sermon" and then the rest is all feel good do good and everything will be good which is all hogwash of course but people love it so........ The Bible is never touched or read again for the whole 15-20 minutes of "preaching time!"

Sometimes You've Just Got To Fall Upon Your Knees

And Cry Out ~ Oh LORD God Jesus

Forgive Us

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Mark 8:38

~

On Larry King Live, the following very disturbing conversation occurred with Larry King and Joel Osteen:

KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?

OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...

At this point, even Larry King appears surprised by Osteen's answer. Then Larry tosses Osteen a "soft-ball" to explain his previous answer. And again Osteen openly denies that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way of salvation.

KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?

OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God will judge a person's heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

http://www.av1611.org/osteen.html

I don't know I don't know......grrrrrr Really?? Seriously??? People are going to hell and you don't know!!

Joel has a unique calling that may be different from someone else's.

I have listened to him --- either in person, via television or online --- for a number of years. Some of my personal experiences challenge the whole "God has a great plan for your life" message, but Joel has many good things to offer. He is similar to Jesus in that he brings God's message to his generation, just as Jesus did.

Although Jesus was a friend of sinners he didn't whitewash their sin and he made it a point to point out their sin and their need for a Saviour which is something Osteen never does. I don't recall ever hearing him preach against sin.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

God calls you into the Ministry in differant areas .

My Pastor ...will bring up scripture , preach and also teaches about the relationship between, God and us.

Some are called into the healing ministery...etc.

Joel is also callled by God....and is an encouraging Preacher to the body of Christ....that is why so many people go to his Church and

watch him on T.V.

He doesn't preach on depressing things . Who wants to hear that ?

By the way...just the other day ...Joel picked out many verses of scripture that were encouraging, and told people to use the verses over their lives .

Those of you who are falsely accusing, saying that this man is not of God and doesn't Preach in his Church....Please go to his web site, get the videos and get your research on Joel Olsteen Correct !

And who would on National T.V. would be stupid enough to say bad things about the Muslim or Jewish

beliefs.

Only God knows ...where a person will go when they are before His judgement seat in Heaven.

So please ...lets not take Gods' place on His seat. God is the judge !

PEACE

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

believeinhim

If you believe that, then we should not even be discussing Joel.

Joel Osteen is a false teacher. Period.

He does not preach repentance and he believes there are many ways to heaven. That, is not what a Christian believes.

Joel Osteen is one of the reasons the church in America is in the backslidden state it is in

Not every church obviously, but generally speaking

People who tell others not to judge do not understand that God meant do no judge the heart. We absolutely must judge if

what they teach is correct according to scripture or not

Edited by sevenseas