redwing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Joel Osteen, ie,TV Osteenism, tends to belong to the Pop Psychology Team of TV luminaries...he pops on, pampers his listeners, glad-hands CNN, emphasizes blow-torch smiling on some seeming perpetual "personal quest for the silver unicorn", then is drop-dead-gone for another seven days' respite. Saved, yes, I think, I would surely hope so, but what precise book grips his heart & soul? If the Bible, why does he skip over practically all expository truth & doctrine? And why equate polygamist Joseph Smith's 19th-century Mormonism with Bible Christianity or refrain from denouncing sin as war against the Almighty God?

Are we moved from feet to fathoms in Christ? No. Are precious souls emphatically called to repentance & faith in the world's only Savior? No. Does he warn of an impending eternity in either a literal heaven or a literal hell? I've yet to know it. Does he teach what that specific passage is saying based on context & other passages of related text? Hardly. Can we hear one testimony of God's saving grace wherein someone tells us he/ahe has passed from death unto life with all glory to the redeeming work of the Lamb? Are you kidding? Is Calvary front & center in his proclamations? If you think so, where, pray tell.

I hear his speaking which seems on a par with the Whiffenpoof Song, yes, and there seems only one way out: Change Channels! Change Channels! Change Channels! Try David Jeremiah.

Are we moved from feet to fathoms in Christ? No. Are precious souls emphatically called to repentance & faith in the world's only Savior? No. Does he warn of an impending eternity in either a literal heaven or a literal hell? I've yet to know it. Does he teach what that specific passage is saying based on context & other passages of related text? Hardly. Can we hear one testimony of God's saving grace wherein someone tells us he/ahe has passed from death unto life with all glory to the redeeming work of the Lamb? Are you kidding? Is Calvary front & center in his proclamations? If you think so, where, pray tell.

I hear his speaking which seems on a par with the Whiffenpoof Song, yes, and there seems only one way out: Change Channels! Change Channels! Change Channels! Try David Jeremiah.

Well said, Arthur :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I'm kinda curious about Joel Olsteen. I've heard him talk several times , on TV, but he hardly ever quote's scripture. Is he for real are just another televangelist. [sic] Jimmy Swaggart? :noidea:

When Mr. Olsteen was asked by Larry King if Jesus was the only way to Heaven, his reply was "I don't get into that kind of thing" I always had my doubts about him but that sealed it for me. Nothing but a strawberry and shortcake speaker. He doesn't want to rock the boat. Yes I have a lot of doubts about this man.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Joel Osteen is not the pastor of that church because he is qualified or called to be a pastor. He is a clone of his dad, John Osteen. Joel is simply hanging on to his dad's coat tails. He was chosen to take on the mantle of his dad's ministry because he looks and sounds like his dad. There is name recognition among the old-school Word of Faith folks as well. His messages are the same regurgitation every week: "Have a dream, dont be bitter, turn your lemons into lemonade" and stuff of that nature. The Gospel is never preached and it is more of a rock concert than a church service.

Exactly; Osteen is more of a motivational speaker than a minister (he actually ISN'T a minister anyway) and, while he seems like a nice person, he's no John Hagee.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, i'm 'new' here. Here's a site you can check out for this: forgottenword.org... It tells about false pastors, etc.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hello Panza...welcome to Worthy.

I will check out the site you kindly posted....one has to be a bit careful these days when dealing with specific individuals that the information about them or against them

comes from a legitimate source that does not seek to merely high-light their faults, but has a genuine concern for the Body of Messiah, and the necessity of personal

exposure stems from an untainted desire for the truth...there are many mavericks on the internet who maintain an almost 'conspiracy theory type focus' on all the

wrong teachings bandied about, but who themselves are renegade and are not really in fellowship. I think it helps give them some sort of identity or worth...but even

though much of what they attempt to expose is correct, they are feeding from many sources and do not provide solid confirmable information, and have motives

that are at best questionable.

Cheers. Botz

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

OK...if no one ELSE will say it, I will. Mr. Osteen is a heretic. He preaches another Gospel, if he preaches any at all. We all know what Paul has to say about those who preach another Gospel: Let them be accursed.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

OK...if no one ELSE will say it, I will. Mr. Osteen is a heretic. He preaches another Gospel, if he preaches any at all. We all know what Paul has to say about those who preach another Gospel: Let them be accursed.

I do believe that if you do a search, you will see that this has been said many times. Why beat a dead horse?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/12/1957

I enjoy Listening to Joel. He always encourages me. That being said I do not turn to him for teaching on the word. But then I don't turn to say John Haggee to be uplifted. You have to remember we only see a little bit of any TV preachers sermon or service. I'm sure we all have speakers/preachers whose style we do not care for ( Paula White for me) that does not mean that they are bad.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I enjoy Listening to Joel. He always encourages me. That being said I do not turn to him for teaching on the word. But then I don't turn to say John Haggee to be uplifted. You have to remember we only see a little bit of any TV preachers sermon or service. I'm sure we all have speakers/preachers whose style we do not care for ( Paula White for me) that does not mean that they are bad.

Um if the speaker is professing to be a pastor/ speaker for Christ whatever, and doesn't line up to the word of God it is pretty easy to see. It isn't that people just don't care for him. His message does not measure up.