O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

The photo of the building on the album "Hotel California" is the actual church of satan building that is near San Francisco.  The lyrics "we haven't had that spirit here since 1969" is referring to when the church was founded in 1969.

Good info bro. or is it sis.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

The photo of the building on the album "Hotel California" is the actual church of satan building that is near San Francisco.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The subliminal message theory was proven wrong a long time ago. A lot of corporations tried to use it in advertising and even in songs. When it turned out that it did diddly for them, they dropped it.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

i am curious though, what christian bands were these?

The photo of the building on the album "Hotel California" is the actual church of satan building that is near San Francisco. The lyrics "we haven't had that spirit here since 1969" is referring to when the church was founded in 1969.

I had wondered about that. Thanks for the info.

Kat

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It was originally about the "church of satan" headed up by the late A. Levay. They revised their interpretation so they could talk openly about it in interviews. I would have to see the words again but there is quite a bit that reveals their true message.

LT

Larry, I was not aware that they had decided to change the interp. I'll have to go back and relisten to it again in a different light. Thanks for the info.

Sam

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The subliminal message theory was proven wrong a long time ago. A lot of corporations tried to use it in advertising and even in songs. When it turned out that it did diddly for them, they dropped it.

i am curious though, what christian bands were these?

Joel who told you that subliminal messaging is bunk. Subliminal messages work REALLLLLLY well. They started by showing one frame in a movie every 2-3 minutes of a coke or popcorn and lo and behold people drank and ate more popcorn. before I was a believer I studied psychhology at Columbia Univ. NYC. We (me included) did experiments with subliminal messages. On my own I checked back-masking. They are there. Clear as day when played in reverse you can hear "My sweet satan" on Highway to Heaven.

You can hear for yourself here

LT

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I wish I could remember. It wasnt just songs but music as well. I found myself at a website for a marketing company whose specialty was "embedding". They also bragged about their effectiveness in video game background music. That is what made me worry. They are affecting them at much younger ages these days.

The government has bound the parents hands to discipline their children. God is being removed from the schools and government. Movies and books that twist gods word to serve man are being spoon fed to an already spiritualy numb society.

The signs are falling in place. The hour is night and these discussions only serve to distract us from the task a hand. Do what Jesus asked/asks you to do for your neighbors sake.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I wish I could remember. It wasnt just songs but music as well. I found myself at a website for a marketing company whose specialty was "embedding". They also bragged about their effectiveness in video game background music. That is what made me worry. They are affecting them at much younger ages these days.

The government has bound the parents hands to discipline their children. God is being removed from the schools and government. Movies and books that twist gods word to serve man are being spoon fed to an already spiritualy numb society.

The signs are falling in place. The hour is night and these discussions only serve to distract us from the task a hand. Do what Jesus asked/asks you to do for your neighbors sake.

I know this is a controversial statement but: MUSIC IS NOT NEUTRAL. It is very spiritual whether "good" or "bad." And yes there is good and bad music. Satan is attacking from every direction imaginable. Good thing he cannot do whatever he wants. And even better that we are victorious.

LT

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

Dear All:

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I have been listening to the Eagles' Hotel California for a very long time. It has been one of my favorite songs. I remember on one of my cross country drives I would listen to that song over and over on repeat for many states. I can honestly tell you that I have not had any strange urges to do drugs or worship satan since listening to that song.

If some of you choose to interpret my not being a christian as actively worshipping satan, that is your choice. However, you should also know I wasn't a christian before I heard that song. ;)

Regards,

UndecidedFrog