• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Sower said:

Do you still remember Butero and Yowm?  Fun times..

Noooo   comment.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

Noooo   comment.

face.jpg.bf0f7d39888079671f903048c463984d.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

I take it Butero and Yowm were old Worthy members. 

Facebook started in 2004 and so did Worthy Forums.  I wonder which one God is more proud of for the 18 years of work?  I know!  It is Worthy which is really doing something worthy by bringing believers to the table to connect and learn from one another.

IMO Facebook, not so much.  It just made one man filthy rich and turned him into something evil who is doing evil things.  A modern day Nimrod. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/2/2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

join together to form the body of Christ to complement each other!

Yes, God makes us able to minister to one another, to help each other > 

"As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." (1 Peter 4:10)

God's grace is not what we say and believe . . . by the way. 

Grace is God in us changing our character to be like Jesus so we love like Jesus. So, this is not only a theoretical thing.

the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape

Pigeons can be different colors, but they all are pigeons :)

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for.

"'But I say to you that for every idle word that men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.'" (Matthew 12:36)

George, I personally believe that we also are accountable for what we think. And I offer scripture which can be used to support this > 

"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

If I test every thing, this would include testing every word I think, I would think. And at every moment, only God is able to know what is "good" so we hold to it. So, therefore, if I am correct about this interpretation, then God means here how He desires for us to always submit to Him so He has us doing and holding to what He knows is really "good". And so we are sharing with Him, in His love with His personal guiding of all.

When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

Jesus knew each person; He knew what each one needed. So, we do well to see what a person needs. And pray and minister with hope for the person > love "hopes all things", we have in 1 Corinthians 13:7.

God bless you, too :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

And yet, unity in Jesus does not come only with having the same beliefs.

So, what ones have done is get divided over what does not give true unity.

And so it can be a decoy trick, how ones can claim to seek unity mainly or only by trying to get everyone to agree on the same ideas and practices.

Why does Jesus have such perfect unity with our Father? Not of works! Not because of what They do.

But Jesus and our Father have the same character of love: almighty and gentle and humble and sweetly pleasant and caring and sharing as family. And in this character of love is ability to know what is right and do what is right. In God's love we have creativity for how to love any person while sharing as family :)

Our unity is in family caring and sharing love > not in conforming only or mainly to copy-cat forms of worship and doctrines and practices, but being conformed to the image of Jesus, by being corrected by God in our character as Hrbrews 12:4-14 guarantees every child of God (note Hebrews 12:8).

And in this character there is God's own glory.

Jesus Himself has claimed this in prayer >

"'And the glory which You gave Me I have given Them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.'" (John 17:22-23)

So, Jesus has claimed this unity in God's own glory of His love shared with us. Jesus has prayed this according to His own faith! So, this is guaranteed to all who have trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12) for all God desires to do with us.

God is already succeeding in doing this in whomever is submitting to Him. But there are ones distracted and troubled about how to act and talk, and what show they are supposed to put on.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

By being "one spirit with" Jesus, a person's character can be changed to be like Christ, so we are pleasing to our Father like Jesus is, plus we can love like Jesus as His family. This is what I think is God's basic for having His unity in His people.

So, in case certain people are not getting unity with their efforts and methods, it could be they are trying to get unity by use of outward things of beliefs statements and practices. 

So, then - - - in case what you are doing is not working, this can be because what you are doing is what does not work!

But God in us succeeds >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure " (Philippians 2:13)

"Therefore submit to God." (in James 4:7)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

Each one who obeys God in His peace is now already in the unity which our Father now already has in the ruling of His peace :)

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  525
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  1,301
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  08/10/1989

God will bless anyone that have contributed positively to the creation and functioning of this forum.

-This is the only church I have attended since 2018. 

-This is where I find comfort when sorrow comes

- this is where i call family 

God bless you

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,088
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/26/2022 at 3:59 AM, debrakay said:

I take it Butero and Yowm were old Worthy members. 

Facebook started in 2004 and so did Worthy Forums.  I wonder which one God is more proud of for the 18 years of work?  I know!  It is Worthy which is really doing something worthy by bringing believers to the table to connect and learn from one another.

IMO Facebook, not so much.  It just made one man filthy rich and turned him into something evil who is doing evil things.  A modern day Nimrod. 

That's a good picture of Facebook. I deleted my account there for about 2 years ago, because I didn't feel safe in there anymore, and afterwards I read about many creepy things that happened in there. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 7/25/2022 at 8:59 PM, debrakay said:

Facebook started in 2004 and so did Worthy Forums. 

We actually started it in 2001, but we did a mass software switch about 2 years in.

We started Worthy News in 1999.  Then Worthy Chat in 2000.  Worthy Christian Forums in 2001.

Each year, I try to add something substantial to the Worthy Network of sites.

Last year's project was the Mobile App for both Apple and Android platforms.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 10/2/2004 at 8:37 AM, George said:

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Amen to everything you posted!  This forum is awesome fellowship, for all the reasons you stated!

And allow me to add to "The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do?"  Next ask, "Lord, is this what You're doing now?  What do You think about my post?"

I've had a number of times on forums where I've posted things I was sure were so good and correct, but inside the small voice was telling me, "Don't post that" or asks, "Is that really in love?"  It always turns out to be the correct way to go!

UPDATE:  Just saw I was responding to a post from almost 20 years ago!  

Edited by Vine Abider
Just saw OP date

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Amen to everything you posted!  This forum is awesome fellowship, for all the reasons you stated!

And allow me to add to "The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do?"  Next ask, "Lord, is this what You're doing now?  What do You think about my post?"

I've had a number of times on forums where I've posted things I was sure were so good and correct, but inside the small voice was telling me, "Don't post that" or asks, "Is that really in love?"  It always turns out to be the correct way to go!

UPDATE:  Just saw I was responding to a post from almost 20 years ago!  

See what I mean, how technology is making time fly by. :D

• Haha 1