angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I like to learn more about strongholds in our life and how to recognize them, I came to this website and thought it gives us alot to think of, some things we forget...but we can't forget that no matter how hard the enemy tries to take controle its the Lord who will have the last word! :t2:

http://www.bibleguidance.co.za/Engarticles/Spiritualwar.htm

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Yes, the Lord Jesus is in full control I agree!!

Yukon :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/02/1988

The lord is always in control i agree. I praise the lord every day for the calm assurance that gives me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest All4God

Angel,

I know from experience that the devil likes to attack you the most when something awesome God is going to do. The devil can sense it when God will do something magnificent! But thank goodness that God never gives you something you cannot handle. Everything we go through is a test. I know that from experience.

Thanx Angel for that post!

~Telly

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Something we must relize is that the battle field where we fight our battles is a middle ground between the world of the Flesh and the world of the Spirit called our Mind or Soul. The battle is fought in our minds This is where Satan attacks us and this is where we either win our lose our battle.

2Co 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we don't wage war according to the flesh; (4) for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds, (5) throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

1Pe 2:11 Beloved, I beg you as foreigners and pilgrims, to abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Satan's battlefield is our mind or soul. This is where he deceives us and attacks us. We must learn to use the spiritual weapons that God has given us. We use the word of God (Sword of the Spirit) against these attacks to overcome.

God Bless,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thank you Lord for being in control

• 1 month later...
Guest DocWilliams

Yes, from 2Corinthians 10:3-5, Hebrews 12:1, et al, we know that we can develop strongholds, weights, besetting sins - all which manifest themselves many times in the form of habits that bring us under their control - a control that Scripture forbids - see 1 Corinthians 6:12. We also know from Ephesians 6 that we are to put on

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

I may see it differently than some of the others here, but I believe our battle is exclusively with our flesh. When Jesus describes in John 14:20 how "surrounded" we are by Him, I seem to understand that when Paul later says "I die daily" he is talking about crucifying our "flesh" daily. My "flesh" told me for a long time that no, Jesus had put me up against the devil himself to fight him on my own. But I finally got still enough to hear the Holy Spirit telling me that the "flesh" is an accomplished liar, having learned from the father of lies. It's therefore a comfort for me to know that Jesus's victory over satan is final and eternal, and the only enemy I have to fight is myself. That's a fight I CAN win--as any of us in Christ Jesus can--because greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. And in this case, I believe that corresponds to my "flesh".

Sure makes things a lot easier. :huh:

Edited by Doowopjock

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

"12": For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.