• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

http://www.forerunner.com/blog/islam-and-mormonism-kissin-cousins

Some of you have stated that you'd consider Mitt Romney as a viable candidate over the other Republican candidates. Before you do that, I urge you to read the above.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I usually have a clear favorite by voting day...which it today for us in Alabama...but I have know idea who I am going to vote for. I feel like Santorum is my leading candidate, but there are also things I like about Newt.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1986

This article is hateful and the casual, conversational way in which it's written invalidates any argument the writer had. I'm voting Paul though.

Edited by Firelord Lionheart

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

This article is hateful and the casual, conversational way in which it's written invalidates any argument the writer had. I'm voting Paul though.

Baloney. The man is telling the truth and one that needs to be told. I don't see any hatred in it, just facts.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

If Romney is the candidate and you allow your Bigotry to get in the way we will end up with Obama for another four years which will spell the end of America as we know it.

I'm currently praying for Santorum to win the nomination.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If Romney is the candidate and you allow your Bigotry to get in the way we will end up with Obama for another four years which will spell the end of America as we know it.

I'm currently praying for Santorum to win the nomination.:thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly! As Obama said correctly, "We need to move forward We need change!" The change is who occupies the office of President. If Obama is reelected, you will see out constitution changed to where it will not be recognizable as the document that formed the United States.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

There have been reports of Mormons leaving the LDS in record numbers. Pray that Romney be one of them regardless if he be the candidate.

They do preach a false gospel and as one person commented we should warn believers and pray for those caught up in this false religion. Many of them will respond to inquiry if your sincere because many of them are sincere and truly think they have the truth and they honestly do want the truth.

I know a pastor that has been witnessing to and praying for Mormons for a couple decades, going to Utah when they have their big feast celebration and street evangelizing. Many people have been doing this for a long time and they are now seeing great fruit as God is moving the hearts of many.

I'd say be ready to give an answer because a broken Mormon may be heading your way.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

If one wants to oppose Romney, that's fine. I oppose him, too. But personally I don't believe opposing him on the grounds of his Mormonism is a winning strategy. Most evangelical Christians (of which I consider myself one) oppose Mormonism on THEOLOGICAL grounds. That is right and proper. But when we go beyond issues of the Church and into the world of politics, arguing pro or con on theology gets "into the weeds." While we can be on a firm scriptural foundation in our arguments, we appear to those who are unfamiliar with Christianity in general or Mormonism in particular to be bigoted and narrow minded.

"After all," they may say. "Mormonism appears to be a moral lifestyle, and Romney seems to be an upright, moral, family man." And if you think about it, that argument has merit as far as it goes.

As I've stated many times, I don't plan on voting for Romney if he's the GOP nominee. (I will probably vote 3rd party.) And my problem is more with the GOP itself rather than Romney.

I posted this in a different thread, but I'll summarize it here. Why is my problem with the GOP? Because (simply put) they simply refuse to act AS AN OPPOSITION PARTY.

After all, why wait for the election? Obama is doing un-Constitutional things NOW! Why does not the GOP oppose him? Why are they not bringing charges? Why is not an impeachment proceeding begun?

Romney could completely energize the conservatives and get my vote if he did the following (He won't, so I won't worry about eating my words)

Romney could quit running against the others (Santorum and Newt) and really go after Obama. He could call a press conference and say something to the effect:

"Today I begin my campaign against President Obama. I call on Speaker Boehner and his GOP colleagues in the House to investigate - with the option of bringing impeachment proceedings - against the president for his extra-constitutional actions in appointing people to his cabinet without congressional approval."

Silly? Ridiculous? No - it wouldn't be if we truly did have an opposition party. After all, that is what an opposition party DOES. Oppose!

When is the last time the GOP really OPPOSED Obama and the democrats?

So while I agree with the sentiment of others who say 4 more years of Obama is going to be the "death knell" of our Republic, I suppose I don't see where Romney or the GOP are about fixing it.

Just "tinkering around the edges."

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I reject the idea of islam and Mormonism being similar. They're both cults, true, but Mormons aren't terrorists nor do they spread a gospel of hate. They are very deluded and don't know the true God, but they think they do. Muslims worship a pagan 'god' and know that full well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

http://www.forerunner.com/blog/islam-and-mormonism-kissin-cousins

Some of you have stated that you'd consider Mitt Romney as a viable candidate over the other Republican candidates. Before you do that, I urge you to read the above.

I stated I would vote for him over obama. I expect he will win the nomination due to the numbers of the primaries so far. Im looking ahead at the november election. As an independent I cannot vote in the primaries and therefor am not stating that I would vote for him over other republicans. I do not recall others saying they would vote for him over other republicans either. Ive heard folks say anyone but obama, even romney is better.