IGNORED

Pointless....

Guest LadyC

well i guess i somehow thought you wanted to write about God... i must have misunderstood what you wrote in your first post.

BUT.. that doesn't change that this is the best time in history to get published and read! i don't really have much of an opinion for or against LOTR type fantasy stories. yes, a lot of people here might object, but that's beside he point. hey, are you familiar (i'm sure you are) with the back story behind the harry potter series? the woman went from being a single mom on welfare in a dumpy apartment barely surviving to becoming one of the wealthiest women in england, not to mention one of the most beloved authors of our time... all in three years! if she could do it, you can do it. right?

there are still a lot of free blog sites out there, although i don't know how many people write fiction in blogs. surely you could do short story blogs, just to get your name out there. publish a few compilations of shorts into an ebook, do things like that til you've got a longer novel ready to publish. by that time you'll have a following. make sure you also subscribe to other blogs... blogsters tend to promote each other, and word of mouth is a good thing.

i'll send you a pm later this week, we'll talk. my arm's giving out on me right now. i don't know if i have carpal tunnel or some other syndrome, but it doesn't take much for me to end up in agony, so i'm going to go watch some tv.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

well i guess i somehow thought you wanted to write about God... i must have misunderstood what you wrote in your first post.

BUT.. that doesn't change that this is the best time in history to get published and read! i don't really have much of an opinion for or against LOTR type fantasy stories. yes, a lot of people here might object, but that's beside he point. hey, are you familiar (i'm sure you are) with the back story behind the harry potter series? the woman went from being a single mom on welfare in a dumpy apartment barely surviving to becoming one of the wealthiest women in england, not to mention one of the most beloved authors of our time... all in three years! if she could do it, you can do it. right?

there are still a lot of free blog sites out there, although i don't know how many people write fiction in blogs. surely you could do short story blogs, just to get your name out there. publish a few compilations of shorts into an ebook, do things like that til you've got a longer novel ready to publish. by that time you'll have a following. make sure you also subscribe to other blogs... blogsters tend to promote each other, and word of mouth is a good thing.

i'll send you a pm later this week, we'll talk. my arm's giving out on me right now. i don't know if i have carpal tunnel or some other syndrome, but it doesn't take much for me to end up in agony, so i'm going to go watch some tv.

Have thought about doing that too...but never felt any pull in that direction. Would not know what to write about either....

Think the only thing I am really good for when it comes to sharing God's word is babble.... which is already being done at a couple sites outside of facebook. Just feel in short, talent...or gifts in that department are in a word, lacking.

Will be waiting for that pm, it is no rush. Will be praying for your arm.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I do have a xanga account...guess you could sort of say they are a blog...go by Burresor there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

John 17 is the real Lords prayer so to speak. Chapters 14, 15, 16 lead up to and are contained in the prayer. What is wonderful about john 17 is that in this section of scripture we can find the prayers that God will answer, He has to, because He prayed them for us Himself.

Well anyway Jesus prayed we would not be taken out of this world. You see every one of us, with no exception, has a calling, a ministry, we are all kings and priests, and just as Jesus did only what He saw His Father doing we also have works that the Father has prepared for us to do and as Jesus glorified His Father in heaven by the works He did we also have the opportunity to glorify our Father in heaven by the works He has prepared before the foundations of the world for us to do.

So, He has given us eternal life, a purpose glorifying Him via works, He will teach us to be in the world and not of it, fill us with joy, sanctified in truth, his word is truth, and bring us into unity for the ultimate purpose of Love. "They will know you are my disciples by the love you have one for another"

He may not answer our prayers on our time line or the way we would think He would but if you prayed these things with a sincere heart He will answer.

This prayer He prayed and then offered Himself a living sacrifice.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I've always encouraged people to pursue their dreams, whatever those dreams may be. We don't always get what we strive for, but it's better than never giving things a try.

I worked for years as a reporter and editor and would help in any way I could.

Even if delays seem agonising, don't give up on your dreams. :emot-highfive: