WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Another link showing observed rising sea level.

http://tidesandcurre...s/sltrends.html

Some areas are going down and some are going up........ how can you tell if the sea level is going up and down or the land itself. It seems to me that if the sea level was actually changes that much, it would all be the same direction....

Don't forget that the earth's crust is seldom stationary, and I don't see any way to know for sure which is moving.

Besides that, people are nuts to build right on the coast at sea level in my personal viewpoint. It's like the people who keep rebuilding houses on the coast and expect my insurance premiums to keep rebuilding their houses from hurricanes...... it's nuts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Some areas are going down and some are going up........

Which areas are going up?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Some areas are going down and some are going up........ how can you tell if the sea level is going up and down or the land itself. It seems to me that if the sea level was actually changes that much, it would all be the same direction....

Don't forget that the earth's crust is seldom stationary, and I don't see any way to know for sure which is moving.

Besides that, people are nuts to build right on the coast at sea level in my personal viewpoint. It's like the people who keep rebuilding houses on the coast and expect my insurance premiums to keep rebuilding their houses from hurricanes...... it's nuts.

It looks like the majority of the readings are going up, especially for densely populated areas along the coast.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

.... It looks like the majority of the readings are going up, especially for densely populated areas along the coast....

I'm With The Government, I'm Here To Help You

1994 to 2004

http://earthobservat...iew.php?id=6638

:24: :24: :24:

Shocking - it scared me half to death.

favor051.gif

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Everyone can understand how important the tide charts are to port cities. Ships of trade need to have accurate data so they don't dock or unload at the wrong times.

If the ocean levels are actually rising, WHY HAVEN'T THE TIDE CHARTS CHANGED? Not by 1/4 inch foks; not by 1/4 inch! That one simple fact COMPLETELY debunks the global warming hysteria.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

What makes us think that the climate we are accustomed to TODAY, is "THE" optimal climate? A rise of 2 degrees in average temperature would make millions of square miles of new farmland available..........

Nobody say today's climate is the most optimal. But the change in temperature is going to affect a lot of people world wide.

It seem pretty heartless to not care.

"The Maldives is one of the small states. We are not in a position to change the course of events in the world. But what you do or do not do here will greatly influence the fate of my people. It can also change the course of world history." - Statement by H.E. Maumoon Abdul Gayoom (Maldives)Kyoto, Japan, 3rd Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC"

It is a fact that...

"It is not only small island states that need to worry about sea level rise. More than 70 percent of the world's population lives on coastal plains, and 11 of the world's 15 largest cities are on the coastal estuaries. Over the 20th century sea levels rose between 10 and 20 centimetres (4-8 inches)."

Every inch rise move the coast line farther inwards depending on the slope of the land. While it may make make millions miles of farmland available it would also displace people living on along the coastline, displacing people in land, so you don't have a net gain but net lost due to expense of displacement. You would also have to displace the destroy the habitats of animals in land.

So is anyone on the thread going to provide convincing counter evidence against climate change, or you guys are just going to laugh it off? It is pretty interesting what the typical responses are...

1. Deny it is happening (scientific evidence says it is occurring, nobody has yet to provide counter evidence, and it has been 60+ posts, only denial for sake of denial so far. I wonder how many of the same that people that denied existence of hole in the ozone layer after seeing the evidence, are denying climate change.)

2. Deny its impact on people because God would take care of it (pretty heartless as people especially in poorer island nations are being displaced, do you take the same attitude regarding world hunger because God would take care of it?)

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/campaigns/climate-change/impacts/sea_level_rise/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It looks like the majority of the readings are going up, especially for densely populated areas along the coast.

the entire north American plate could just as easily be sinking and the sea floor rising. Equalizing the weight of the earth's crust. Who's to know and from where would you take a reference point to measure.

the entire north American plate could just as easily be sinking and the sea floor rising. Equalizing the weight of the earth's crust. Who's to know and from where would you take a reference point to measure.

Eh...you do understand how plate tectonic works right? Continental plates have lower density than oceanic plates. By basic physics, they do not sink below oceanic plates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_crust

Your idea is interesting although it just doesn't happen in reality.