• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

The facts are simple: there are trends of ups and downs over periods of time, just as there are trends in solar activity. Man has absolutely NO CONTROL over natural events that make things colder or hotter. So, the simple truth is that God is in control. There was a so-called scientific fear of another ice age when I was a child, so that's a relatively short period of time for trends. One thing is for certain and a matter of common sense: relatively small changes in solar activity have dramatic cooling or heating effects on the earth. So:

Is it hotter?......Compared to when?

Is is colder?.....Compared to when?

The current "sky is falling" type of hysteria over so-called global warming is a JOKE.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

The facts are simple: there are trends of ups and downs over periods of time, just as there are trends in solar activity. Man has absolutely NO CONTROL over natural events that make things colder or hotter. So, the simple truth is that God is in control. There was a so-called scientific fear of another ice age when I was a child, so that's a relatively short period of time for trends. One thing is for certain and a matter of common sense: relatively small changes in solar activity have dramatic cooling or heating effects on the earth. So:

The current "sky is falling" type of hysteria over so-called global warming is a JOKE.

Once again, who are you arguing against?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

and its still preached here by some that this generation that sees the fig tree bloom shall not pass. the problem is that the fig tree in that context doesnt even mean isreal at all. in the gospel theres no mention of isreal restoration only judgment!

im not a buyer into global climate change. we dont know enough. but i do recycle and also conserve when i can.

Oy Vey!

There is plenty of unfulfilled prophecy concerning the complete restoration of the Kingdom to Israel.:thumbsup:

humour this jew. show me where and why jesus said to his men its not for you to know the times or seasons. so why would then give them such easily and plain to see prophecy on isreal when its not that clear on isreal at all. jesus didnt say that isreal wont return just that it wasnt for the disciples to know.

but on gog and magog

http://studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=eze&chapter=038

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Once again, who are you arguing against?

Just stating the facts - REALITY versus HYPE, and why would you ask?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nobody say today's climate is the most optimal. But the change in temperature is going to affect a lot of people world wide.

It seem pretty heartless to not care.

If the kind of change our climate is undergoing is natural - what can we do?

That is a different issue, which I do not discuss in this thread, but do you agree that there is in fact climate change in the first place?

The climate is always changing.

So what do you want people to "care" about?

Oh good. So you know the difference and agree that climate is changing. I guess we are in agreement.

Good, so back to my questions -

Since climate is always changing - what is it you want people to care about? And what can [or should] we do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Climate has changed repeatedly since the earth was formed. It is no different now in that it is changing. I do think there is too much hype about it and too much alarm over blaming it on man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Another link showing observed rising sea level.

http://tidesandcurre...s/sltrends.html

Some areas are going down and some are going up........ how can you tell if the sea level is going up and down or the land itself. It seems to me that if the sea level was actually changes that much, it would all be the same direction....

Don't forget that the earth's crust is seldom stationary, and I don't see any way to know for sure which is moving.

Besides that, people are nuts to build right on the coast at sea level in my personal viewpoint. It's like the people who keep rebuilding houses on the coast and expect my insurance premiums to keep rebuilding their houses from hurricanes...... it's nuts.

It looks like the majority of the readings are going up, especially for densely populated areas along the coast.

the entire north American plate could just as easily be sinking and the sea floor rising. Equalizing the weight of the earth's crust. Who's to know and from where would you take a reference point to measure.

Eh...you do understand how plate tectonic works right? Continental plates have lower density than oceanic plates. By basic physics, they do not sink below oceanic plates.

http://en.wikipedia....ntinental_crust

Your idea is interesting although it just doesn't happen in reality.

says who?

Wiggle Wiggle Little Earth

In My Youth I Surveyed For Uncle Sam

And I Found Out That The Living Granite Of The Nation Was In Constant Motion

Today They Set The Target And Monitor The Movement Remotely

So Take A Peek As You Fish The Pacific From Your Front Porch In Fresno, CA (Elevation, 296 ft Or 90 m)

Mission:

The Mission of NOAA's National Geodetic Survey (NGS) is "to define, maintain and provide access to the National Spatial Reference System to meet our nation's economic, social, and environmental needs."

What We Do:

NGS provides the framework for all positioning activities in the Nation. The foundational elements - latitude, longitude, elevation and shoreline information - contribute to informed decision making and impact a wide range of important activities including mapping and charting, flood risk determination, transportation, land use and ecosystem management. NGS' authoritative spatial data, models and tools are vital for the protection and management of natural and manmade resources and support the economic prosperity and environmental health of the Nation.

http://www.ngs.noaa....eMap/CORS.shtml

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

best tell all floridians and lousinians start a packing as its global flood time unless you put in that solar panel up