• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1979

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it :D

I find it interesting, in the past couple of years we have had a lot of movies about Super Hero's. Though unlike in the past where super hero movies were bright and everything ended as a happily ever after, today's hero's are more gritty and more depressing.

Many of the super hero films of today the Hero is expected to fight our darkness for us, and to show us a better way, a way into the light.

I find this interesting, because it shows to me that the world is looking for a hero to take on our darkness, to show us a way into the light, to make us better people than who we are. Yet simultaneously the world wants to reject the one hero who did just that. A hero who was condemned to die by our own hand, who died in love for us so that we may be taken into the light.

We know who this hero is, his name is Jesus. yet the world rejects this because, as Christians, so many of us show the judgmental side of our own natures rather than the forgiving Grace of God's. If we want to show the world the hero they are looking for, we must first show them his love.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

The sub-title of your topic immediately brought to mind a song we used to teach to younger kids when I was a teen. It's called "Supernatural."

supernatural...

oh where is superman when you need a helping hand?

don't look for wonder woman when trouble's really coming

and please don't count on batman when danger you must face

I highly recommend God's supernatural grace

supernatural

Jesus walked on the water

supernatural

God made a sidewalk through the sea

supernatural

Jesus made instant wine

supernaturally

I hadn't thought about that song in years, until I read this post. It's based on the somewhat "lighter" versions of the superheroes we grew up with, but you're very right that they've changed a lot since then. Of course, the actual comic books most of them were based on were often much darker than the movies and tv shows they spawned. Still, I completely agree with your idea that much of the world is desperately seeking something to fill the void left by an absence of relationship with God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The world is looking for the False Prophet and the Beast, better known as the Anti Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1979

The world is looking for the False Prophet and the Beast, better known as the Anti Christ.

I have to respectfully disagree with you onelight. The world is looking for hope, but because often so many Christians do not show the world the hope we have in Christ, but instead show our own judgmental attitudes, when the Anti-christ does come proclaiming a message of hope, the world will fall for it like a lead balloon.

The anit-christ will possibly come proclaiming the message that Christians should be proclaiming, just in a manner that is selfish and not servant like, that the world will beat a path to his door.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have to respectfully disagree with you onelight. The world is looking for hope, but because often so many Christians do not show the world the hope we have in Christ, but instead show our own judgmental attitudes, when the Anti-christ does come proclaiming a message of hope, the world will fall for it like a lead balloon.

The anit-christ will possibly come proclaiming the message that Christians should be proclaiming, just in a manner that is selfish and not servant like, that the world will beat a path to his door.

You disagree with me then you give supporting arguments for my statement. :noidea:

If they entered the scene claiming to be the Beast or the False Prophet, they would be rejected, but the qualities they will show is what the world is looking for, as you stated. They will not introduce themselves according to who they are, but will introduce themselves as their representative who will bring them into the world they all seek.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You disagree with me then you give supporting arguments for my statement. :noidea:

If they entered the scene claiming to be the Beast or the False Prophet, they would be rejected, but the qualities they will show is what the world is looking for, as you stated. They will not introduce themselves according to who they are, but will introduce themselves as their representative who will bring them into the world they all seek.

"Hell Boy" comes to mind.......that one really rocked me in my sandals! :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Don't know about you lot, but......

What am I looking for?

Jesus in me.

Do I always find Him?

No.

Not because He is hiding, He is in plain sight.

But...

Sometimes it is "inconvenient" for me to find Him, and I "pretend" I can't see Him.

Such is the state of my sinners heart...

And the world as a whole finds it "inconvenient", because how else can it lie, cheat, steal and kill?

The difference between me and the word? A repentant, remorseful heart.

The world on the other hand, has a heart of stone.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In the past, people wanted heroes with Christ-like qualities - goodness, selflessness, strength, etc.

As society turns more towards darkness, they want characters who struggle with their own personal darkness. Thus the anti-hero, the demon-seeking-redemption, the good guys who betray or are unfaithful or rebellious or aren't nice or have addictions and what have you.

But yet, we want the good in the person to be stronger and more prevalent that the "bad."

It is interesting how we portray real people we make heroes out of. How many of our nations' heroes were shady characters in some ways, yet we don't portray those aspects in the stories and movies? I read a report recently about the untold side of Ghandi - where he would do things like sleep with naked teenage girls to discipline himself with regards to sexual purity. Can you imagine that in the movie about him? (Sorry, I don't recall how to find the link.)

"Men love darkness"...yet sitll they want to see the darkness overcome. It is an odd, odd mix.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

In many many ways hollywood, block buster movies, books, cartoons, are all setting up, preparing for the coming fallen ones, and yes as Alan says the beast, the false prophet, the anti-christ. All those things. Imagine what would happen if the masses were not readied for whats coming, I mean if truly we see a group of 'aliens' coming to 'save/help' us how would the world take that strange comings without a bit of prep work by our govts. All things are intertwined I believe, just as God builds upon His covenants, His teachings so does that advesary building his pitiful army and soldiers many unwittingly aiding the destruction of their souls. I enjoy sci fi and that venue yet I am more than realistic enough to know what is all about too.

shalom,

Mizz