WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it was wise for Obama to say if he had a son he would LOOK like Travyon. Actually, if he did have a son, I doubt he would be similiar to Trevyon's background. The emphasis was on the racial-ness/blackness of Travyon. In my opinion, he could have gone without saying that while being empathetic for the family who lost the boy AND remind everyone else that we still adhere to innocent until proven guilty and we still have civil laws. No mob vigiliantism. Gather the facts etc.

I can't help but to think of the old days... you know those days where white females who were said to be raped or molested or *gasp* flirted with by black men... can you imagine the furor if the mayor said to the media: "if I had a daughter, she would look like Sue-Ann. This is a tragedy..." And there would be white men screaming for mob justice and of course, someone would have the idea to spread out the information where the "accused" lived with his family. Happened more than once. Hate groups would rattle noise and make threats.

Sound familiar? It is wrong either way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I don't know that if he were black that it would be any different. In fact I don't see the President calling the white boy who was set on fire recently someone who could be his son.

Because the president is biracial, his wife is black. His kids are black. Thus he would not have a white son. When the president stated that if he had a son, he would look like Trevon, he meant that if he had a son, his son would be black like Trevon.

Your racism is showing Forrest.

???

Meanwhile, the police did investigate the crime scene and even took Zimmerman (who is very Hispanic looking by the way, but don't let the facts get in the way of hyping a story) into the station and then let him go.

Thats the problem. Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed youth that was simply walking through his community, and the police just let him go.

Do you run at night through gated communities?

When visiting family that live in gated communities, yes I do. The thing about gated communities is that because of their restricted access, they usually have very low crime rates. So there is even less reason to suspect someone walking down the sidewalk in them, than say in a high crime inner city area.

The facts aren't all in, but we shouldn't let the facts get in the way of making huge assumptions like murder and then calling for actions that are beyond the law should we?:blink:

He killed an unarmed youth. Those facts are not in dispute. At the very least its manslaughter.

Shame on you too Forrest! If something happens to Zimmerman and he is in fact innocent, his blood will be on your hands.

So condemning the vigilante actions of Zimmerman somehow means that I am inciting violence against him?? I want Zimmerman to actually get a trial. If they don't charge him and arrest him, he won't get a fair trial and will never be judged by a jury of his peers.

Shame on you Forrest!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Actually, Forrest did state that it was murder.

That is not a proper response to what I said.

I said that nobody here has advocated anything beyond the law, which was in response to you saying that people were calling this murder and then calling for actions beyond the law.

Yes, forrest did say it was murder, but he, nor has anyone else on this forum advocating anything beyond the law. What we are saying, is that he should have been arrested, charged, and given a fair trial.

What had happened initially is that he was questioned, and he was not charged with anything. He still has not been charged. It took this media firestorm to get a new Prosecutor appointed so that he could in fact be charged, as the first Prosecutor declined to do.

I'd also forgotten that you are an expert on any and every subject under Leftist litany.:P

You asked forrest a question, and me and him it turns out do in fact travel through gated communities. That's the truth.

Do you have a response that actually addresses that, instead of "Shame on you"?

I pray that Zimmerman get's a fair trial. :emot-pray:

We all do. Being "leftists" doesn't magically make us a lynch mob. Both forrest and I have stated we want a fair trial.

So in every single case where someone is questioned and released by the police, should the media get involved and prosecute the case on national TV? It isn't the media's job to form public opinion. It is the media's responsibility to simply report the news with no bias. Period.

I never said that the media should get involved in every case.

You are both calling something murder when it has not yet been established by anyone that it was, in fact murder. A person was killed. It may have been in self defense. It may not have been. That is for the judicial sytem to figure out. Not the Media. Not Al Sharpton. Not Jesse Jackson. Not Calypso Louie. Not Obama. Not Forrest. And not you.

Zimmerman may very well not be facing the prospect of a trial right now to determine that if the media didn't get involved. It was not until after that, that the new prosecutor was appointed. It has been about a month with no charges.

I'm not a judge and jury. Neither is forrest. That is obvious. We are permitted to form our own opinions based on what we see, just like you have in this thread. I could very well be wrong. And the conclusions you have drawn in this thread could very well be wrong as well.

The funeral director who prepared Trayvons body found only a gunshot wound, no signs of a struggle. Nothing from his knuckles indicating that he punched Zimmerman. Something that person said would have been covered up for the funeral.

Two experts in the field of voice recognition say that Zimmerman was not the one crying for help in the 911 tapes.

Zimmermans father told the media gave a very different account of what happened when Zimmerman approached Trayvon than Trayvons Girlfriend, who was on the phone with Trayvon, and Chris Serino, the Chief Detective wanted Zimmerman slapped with manslaughter charges from the get go when he did not believe Zimmermans account of what happened.

All of those things seem to point towards something.

Yes, and you are both calling something murder when it hasn't been determined that it was murder yet.

If Zimmerman ends up being found guilty of manslaughter or second degree murder, will you change your tune?

So in every single case where someone is questioned and released by the police, should the media get involved and prosecute the case on national TV? It isn't the media's job to form public opinion. It is the media's responsibility to simply report the news with no bias. Period.

I never said that the media should get involved in every case.

You are both calling something murder when it has not yet been established by anyone that it was, in fact murder. A person was killed. It may have been in self defense. It may not have been. That is for the judicial sytem to figure out. Not the Media. Not Al Sharpton. Not Jesse Jackson. Not Calypso Louie. Not Obama. Not Forrest. And not you.

Zimmerman may very well not be facing the prospect of a trial right now to determine that if the media didn't get involved. It was not until after that, that the new prosecutor was appointed. It has been about a month with no charges.

I'm not a judge and jury. Neither is forrest. That is obvious. We are permitted to form our own opinions based on what we see, just like you have in this thread. I could very well be wrong. And the conclusions you have drawn in this thread could very well be wrong as well.

The funeral director who prepared Trayvons body found only a gunshot wound, no signs of a struggle. Nothing from his knuckles indicating that he punched Zimmerman. Something that person said would have been covered up for the funeral.

Two experts in the field of voice recognition say that Zimmerman was not the one crying for help in the 911 tapes.

Zimmermans father told the media gave a very different account of what happened when Zimmerman approached Trayvon than Trayvons Girlfriend, who was on the phone with Trayvon, and Chris Serino, the Chief Detective wanted Zimmerman slapped with manslaughter charges from the get go when he did not believe Zimmermans account of what happened.

All of those things seem to point towards something.

Yes, and you are both calling something murder when it hasn't been determined that it was murder yet.

If Zimmerman ends up being found guilty of manslaughter or second degree murder, will you change your tune?

The point of the OP was that the Farrakhan was tweeting an outrageous act of violence and vigilantism subsequently the Black Panther Party put out a $10,000.00 bounty on Zimmermans life because like you and Forrest they have already tried Zimmerman and found him guilty.:thumbsup: You are as guilty as you suppose Zimmerman to be Bibilically speaking.

Shame on you!

If someone succeeds in killing Mr. Zimmerman prior to all the facts coming out you all will be guilty of murder and two wrongs never make a right.

Shame on you!

Here is what the actual 9/11 tape was that NBC ran;

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here’s how the actual conversation went down:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

As opposed to what the Media and NBC intially ran.

http://www.washingto...og.html?hpid=z6

In this piece Zimmermans neighbor testifies that he saw George Zimmerman bandaged up;

http://www.myfoxtamp...merman-03302012

He also states something very poignant;

"Everyone needs to let the justice system take its course before rushing to judgment," he said.

The fact that Zimmerman was taken in and booked without arrest speaks volumes. It's why he is not currently under arrest. If the local jurisdiction were to arrest him now they would place themselves in legal jeapardy because they have already found no cause to arrest under current Florida Law. The rest of the nonsense going on is dangerous hype.:blink:

Here's something else from Zimmermans neighbor;

He says that the voice heard screaming on the 911 call is that of George Zimmerman.

"I hear his voice every single day, I talk to him every single day," he said.

And this;

"I don't think race is involved at all, because I've seen black, African-American folks come to George's house," he said.

The point of the OP was that the Farrakhan was tweeting an outrageous act of violence and vigilantism subsequently the Black Panther Party put out a $10,000.00 bounty on Zimmermans life because like you and Forrest they have already tried Zimmerman and found him guilty.:thumbsup: You are as guilty as you suppose Zimmerman to be Bibilically speaking.

Do you mind quoting the relevant verse?

Remind me again, does this apply to you when you post here judging liberals, myself, forrest, others, etc, or just to me?

Shame on you!

If someone succeeds in killing Mr. Zimmerman prior to all the facts coming out you all will be guilty of murder and two wrongs never make a right.

Shame on you!

I am not responsible for another persons action whom I've never met nor communicated with, actions, no more than you would be responsible for the guy that almost shot up the TIDES Foundation, as you've railed against them before.