bobby0

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Sabbath is the only holiday we are commanded to observe thats why its a COMMANDMENT. lol

If it isnt in the Bible to celebrate than dont, ah simplicity, how kind you are. I dont even celebrate birthdays cause it doesnt say to in the Bible. Holidays are worldly events and "friendship with the world is enmity with God" Ive spent enough time fighting with God to know He wins and everyone else loses "woe to him who strives with his maker." What does Yisrael mean again. Lol Gotta love Gods wordplay He is so smart it smarts. I wonder who will catch my drift. Anyway WERE AT WAR PEOPLE! dont get it confused there is no peace here, the bombs are concepts, bullets are ideas and theyre flying everywhere, get your armor on! Girdle your loins with truth put on the breastplate of righteousness fasten the helmet of salvation put on the sandals of the gospel of peace place in your left hand the shield of faith and in the right the sWord of the Word of the Lord and fight the good fight! This world is damned along with its traditions and customs so what if the world feels uncomfortable with you because you serve the will of our Father, to hell with anyone who doesnt!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Sabbath is the only holiday we are commanded to observe thats why its a COMMANDMENT. lol

If it isnt in the Bible to celebrate than dont, ah simplicity, how kind you are. I dont even celebrate birthdays cause it doesnt say to in the Bible. Holidays are worldly events and "friendship with the world is enmity with God" Ive spent enough time fighting with God to know He wins and everyone else loses "woe to him who strives with his maker." What does Yisrael mean again. Lol Gotta love Gods wordplay He is so smart it smarts. I wonder who will catch my drift. Anyway WERE AT WAR PEOPLE! dont get it confused there is no peace here, the bombs are concepts, bullets are ideas and theyre flying everywhere, get your armor on! Girdle your loins with truth put on the breastplate of righteousness fasten the helmet of salvation put on the sandals of the gospel of peace place in your left hand the shield of faith and in the right the sWord of the Word of the Lord and fight the good fight! This world is damned along with its traditions and customs so what if the world feels uncomfortable with you because you serve the will of our Father, to hell with anyone who doesnt!

With all due respect, I really find the idea of "it's not in the bible so I don't do it" rather ludicrous. There were no computers in the bible but you use computers. Ditto with cars. And I'm sure a plethora of other things. Why do you have this rule for birthdays / easter etc, and yet not other things? There is nothing in the bible commanding the celebration of a wedding and yet Jesus attended a wedding and turned the water into wine. I just wonder where this idea comes from and why people who use it are so selective in which areas of life they apply it to?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

If it isnt in the Bible to celebrate than dont, ah simplicity, how kind you are. I dont even celebrate birthdays cause it doesnt say to in the Bible.

Banks are not in the bible. I hope you do not have a checking or savings account. Electric lights are not in the bible so I hope you are not turning on electric lamps and instead only using oil lamps. Sythetic fabrics are not in the bible so I hope you are only using cotton or wool. I recommend you put down all plastic items you have since plastic is not mentioned in the bible. You will surely go back to a simple life then.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't thnk it would get so complicated.

The problem with sick people is normally they is enough space in Church that you don't need to sit close to other people, but on important days the Church is packed and everyone is cramed in and caughing, etc.

And right now someone is driving around with air horns and tooting. They need to pray.

Edited by ~candice~

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  6

Your arguements arent in context to the subject of celebrating holidays, as I said, the only holy day we are commanded to observe is the sabbath, you both know you cant argue with that! The real question now becomes is why are you arguing against the commandments? Im a sinner so its easy to discredit me as a person but that doesnt take a letter away from the law. For good measure here is the law and you can argue with it instead of me.

Exodus 20:2 I am the LORD your God, who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3You shall have no other gods before me.

4You shall not make unto yourself any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

7You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shall you labor, and do all your work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates:

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day: therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you.

13You shall not kill.

14You shall not commit adultery.

15You shall not steal.

16You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is your

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I didn't thnk it would get so complicated.

The problem with sick people is normally they is enough space in Church that you don't need to sit close to other people, but on important days the Church is packed and everyone is cramed in and caughing, etc.

And right now someone is driving around with air horns and tooting. They need to pray.

When we obey God and press in and make sure we don't miss the assembly, for the most part we are protected from the sickness of others. I don't care if someone has the flu or a cold---I will kiss and hug them because that is what we do to express our love for each other. I have never gotten sick greeting the brethren, or worshiping the Lord crammed next to people in a packed house of God. The kind of thinking that concerns itself with sickness is of the flesh.

Edited by Floatingaxe

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  3

It is true that Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law. HOWEVER if that were 100% true, we would still be offering animal sacrifices and going to a high priest and to a temple. Obviously there some laws that WERE done away with.

Hi Taylor,

Jesus fulfilled all the law and prophets.

Matthew 5:17

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

There is no more a need to sacrifice animals for He was the final sacrifice for all.

Truth be told: Matthew 22:37-40 "Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

That's kind of been my point. So why do so many christian keep saying we need to obey all the laws?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

It is true that Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law. HOWEVER if that were 100% true, we would still be offering animal sacrifices and going to a high priest and to a temple. Obviously there some laws that WERE done away with.

Hi Taylor,

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

There is no more a need to sacrifice animals for He was the final sacrifice for all.

Truth be told: Matthew 22:37-40 "Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

That's kind of been my point. So why do so many christian keep saying we need to obey all the laws?

There are more than two laws, Yeshua 'summed' them up in these two just like God summed up all His laws up in the 10. There are 613 laws written in the Tanakh, OT, and 1050 laws restated or expanded upon by Yeshua in the NT, what laws do you not want to keep? If God says keep my commandments do we get to pick and choose which ones we want to follow? Or do we allow the Spirit to honestly guide us into those that God wants us to keep, those He called everlasting? What Yeshua is saying that yes follow my commandments but if you are not doing them with love in the center you are not keeping them in the ways He expect us to, love should be center of every converstation, every deed, everything otherwise we are not fulfilling anything. The sacrifices are no longer, they are only part of the entire laws, done for many many reasons to feed the priests, for the store house to feed widows and orphans, if you ever notice the sacrifices benefited man not God.

The change of the priesthood shows us clearly with His own sacrifice that we no longer do those things for unintentional sins, wrongs to one another. We cannot follow all of Gods laws no more sacrifices, we are not Levitical priests, there are laws for men, woman, animals, etc. Yet clearly if we were to go and look at all those written laws we could see that there are laws for how we conduct business, how we take care of problems with our neighbors if we just put those into practice what a better world this would be. Even if those we do business with, our neighbors to not follow those at least we could be and then showing them the mercy and grace God gives to each and every one of us.

I'm curious though do you think we are to run around lawless? Can you tell me what laws are being written on your heart as you are grafted into the covenant? We are told in scripture that at the end of the age lawlessness will abound so and for me that tells me its just not the tares that are practicing lawlessness but so many who are confessing His name but think theres no more structure to His words, that the path is much more broader than God says it is. Faith, love, obedience, all go hand in hand, its a package, so if we have faith in Him and that brings us into the knowledge of His love and shows us how to love others, obedience is the logical next step, what do we obey what things can we find that show us what we are to obey.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Hi Taylor,

There is a difference of obeying the leading of the Lord in our lives, which would be following the laws even if we didn't realize it, and someone forcing us to live according to every law ever written. The first is loving the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself. The latter is known as legalism, where you have to keep every law.