• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

It is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand, where we gather together and remember those who fought and died so that we could live in freedom. LEST WE FORGET. The freedom you enjoy, lesjude, was bought at a price. If you don't like it, move to some country where the military hasn't fought for your freedom, and see how you like it.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.

Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.

They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,

They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET.

Excellent Post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Im not sure how to greet you on this day andy, but for all aussies and kiwis, a hearty recognition of ANZAC Day.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I'm of the opinion that pacifism in many cases is just the "Sunday clothes" word for cowardice.

To wit: several years ago my wife and I were in a restaurant when a group of young punks at the next table began to make lewd remarks toward her. I told them to shut it, and to apologize to her. One of them said it again, but this time he made the mistake of reaching over and touching her leg. Without going into the details, I showed him the error of his ways.

Any man, ANY man, who won't defend his loved ones is gutless, and I'm ashamed for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Im not sure how to greet you on this day andy, but for all aussies and kiwis, a hearty recognition of ANZAC Day.

Thank you. It's an important day for us. I just took Beanie to a march and we said thank you to a few vets. I think it is important to teach our kids about their history and how the great country we live in didn't get this way because of pacifism. I pray for the families of members who are currently serving, that the Lord would protect them and their loved ones, give them peace, and provide for their needs.

As for lesjude...

In the words of Edmund Burke,

All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I find your particular pacifisim argument lacking in biblical and moral support. You are, by virtue of living in America, standing on the shoulders of giants. The only reason you have the freedom to spout this garbage is because men died for you. So unless you have a stronger biblical argument to make, I'm going to mentally file your argument under "unfounded, unbiblical and ungrateful opinion".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Didnt Jesus make His point clear about where He stands on the use of violence to assert authority when He gave His life on the cross? He couldve used violence to save Himself but He didnt. He created the universe He couldve imploded the whole creation into a blackhole and made a new creation without us but He suffered death to prove it has no power over the Lord of Life. He isnt violent His wrath is mercy. Yeah figure that out I will have mercy and not sacrifice. Theres a big surprise waiting at the end of history. We think we come up with imaginative story lines. lol Gods got plot twists of His own lol grave plot twists! ;)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Didnt Jesus make His point clear about where He stands on the use of violence to assert authority when He gave His life on the cross? He couldve used violence to save Himself but He didnt. He created the universe He couldve imploded the whole creation into a blackhole and made a new creation without us but He suffered death to prove it has no power over the Lord of Life. He isnt violent His wrath is mercy. Yeah figure that out I will have mercy and not sacrifice. Theres a big surprise waiting at the end of history. We think we come up with imaginative story lines. lol Gods got plot twists of His own lol grave plot twists! ;)

Well.... ask Him after His second coming. Your answer may change ;).

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

You would be surprised who said this. He is long dead but his statement is true for all the wars the US ever fought.

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."

Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg Trials said this. Are you equating the US to Nazi Germany?

No, but the principle fits all the US wars ever fought. You might want to do your own research. The easy ones are Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. The rest you will have to dig some but you will find it. I spent 5 years preparing to teach US and European Culture and 22 years doing it in a public high school.

I'm not the one making the claims. There is a difference of trying to take over the world and protecting the world from those who want to take it over. With all your experience, one would think you would of known this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Matthew 26:52 "Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

Revelations 13:10 "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints."

Luke 17:33 "Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it"

Mark 12:27 "He is not God of the dead, but the God of the living, you therefore do greatly err" (Ive seen a translation which renders the last line you therefore have made a GRAVE mistake lol gotta laugh at a good pun)

The point I make is very simple. Death is not the answer to life nor will it ever be and you cant save yourself even if you could kill everyone else.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.

Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.

They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,

They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET.

Australian and New Zealand forces fought the first time under a united command as the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps,

or more famously the ANZACs.

In both countries, ANZAC Day, 25 April, not only commemorates those first landings in Gallipoli but also

all the Australians and New Zealanders who gave their lives in the service of their countries.

I can assure you that there was a wave of emotion in Westminster Abbey London as the congregation sang,

" Advance Australia Fair" and when it was followed by,

"E Ihoowa Atua, O nga iwi matou ra"

God defend New Zealand.

It is now 97 years since the landings on the Gallipoli Peninsula.

" When you go home, tell them of us and say:

For your tomorrow we gave our today".

As Candice said, "We will remember them "

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Obvious flaw with this line of thought, God sent the Israelites to war repeatedly-told them to kill all the canaanites in fact, men, women, and children. He also instituted the death penalty. So, if your argument is christians should never kill for any reason because God said not to, then we have a problem-how can a God who sent tge isrealites to war then turn around and condemn it? The answer is he didnt. The actual commandment is better translated thou shalt not murder. There is a distinct difference between killing someone in cold blood, and killing someone in self defense or in protection of ones country. Theres a time for peace and theres a time for war. Wisdom tells you which.