• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,307
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

suit.jpg

this works really well :thumbsup: no drugs required....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

PMS..... I think my wife's picture has something to do with the dictionary and that word. 27 days a month the sweetest most loving thing you could imagine and then in an instant you could be in the middle of a pashionate kiss one half second and the next a bloody bitten lip. Mean harted woman for the next couple of days. We finally came to an agreement that she could just look at me and snarl and I'd go away and leave her alone till she invited me back into her world (which I know had to have a dark red sky while I was gone).

As with most pms'ers that I've met, their good times more than make it worth while to avoid them for a bit. Never would I have traded her off for a different model. Being a typical male "Mr. Fix It" it took me a while to realize that she really wasn't broke and it was not in my best interest to try and fix it....... Don't even try and apease it....... just run and hide...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Trust me it is just as frustrating for us as it is for you men.. If you can learn to follow her cycle if it's regular you can get a good idea of when to run for cover...LOL.. For me it usually starts a week before and for about 2 days I don't even like myself.. I get overly sensitive, the smallest things that would not bother me bother me 10 times more... I can cry over the dumbest things..Granted they do have over the counter things to take like Midol and such.. I used to take that a long time ago but found it's a better stress reliever to be a raving lunatic.. KIDDING.. but seriously.. every woman is different so the only thing i can suggest is either be as understanding as you can possibly be.. know that it's nothing you have done.. she's not mad at you.even though she may act like it.. just keep telling yourself.. this too shall pass.. and keep your cool.. I for one appreciate the fact that my boyfriend knows it's not my fault and can love me through it ..

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/28/1983

I have never experienced PMS (thank you, Lord!) but I have close relatives who do and it's not pretty, I know! The only advice I can give is be patient, give her her space and remember that it's temporary. The two of you should consult her OB/GYN and, of course, pray about it. I feel for you, fez, because I see my son going through this same thing. Keeping stressful occurances, and people, away from her during those few days will absolutely help. Last, but not least, make sure she doesn't have access to weapons of any sort. :taped:

Lol i do PMS too.

Just do what you can and for heaven sakes HELP around the house. if you have kids take them to the park or the library .

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

“The female mind is capable of understanding analytic geometry... The difficulty may just be that we have never yet discovered a way to communicate with the female mind. If it is done in the right way, you may be able to get something out of it.” ~Richard Feynman, physicist

Don't think you have to solve a problem. Just let her know you're there for her and leave her to her own devices. Oh, and the most important part? Chocolate. Make sure there is lots and lots of chocolate in the house.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

I'm a man right, so I don't really understand this...

PMS

Tell me about it. Is it possible to control emotions when it takes effect? Like when the only difference between a woman with PMS (in extreme cases), and a pit bull is the lipstick?

I know there is not much in the way of medication, or homeopathic stuff you can take to stop the onset, but once it hits, do you have any control over emotions? Especially irritability or anger?

And what should the man in your life be doing to help the situation. Ignore you? Hover? Cook? Seems like anything we do, we will still get our heads bitten off cool.gif

Remember he is probably quite confused..... blush.gif

It is completely possible to control emotions, Fez. Anyone can do it, it just takes some work and faith and not complaining. I have no idea what the man in someone's life should do, though... probly cause I'm 15 o_O

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

PMS

Tell me about it. Is it possible to control emotions when it takes effect? Like when the only difference between a woman with PMS (in extreme cases), and a pit bull is the lipstick?

I know there is not much in the way of medication, or homeopathic stuff you can take to stop the onset, but once it hits, do you have any control over emotions? Especially irritability or anger?

And what should the man in your life be doing to help the situation. Ignore you? Hover? Cook? Seems like anything we do, we will still get our heads bitten off cool.gif

It is completely possible to control emotions, Fez. Anyone can do it, it just takes some work and faith and not complaining. I have no idea what the man in someone's life should do, though... probly cause I'm 15 o_O

Bless you, but have you read these posts? Even the women that suffer from PMS admit it cannot be controlled to any extent.

I think every marriage should come with a storm shelter for the husband (during these times :cool2: ). It should be well stocked with beer and snacks, be soundproof, contain a comfy sofa, a wide screen TV, a playstation and an iPad 3. It should also have a CCV camera aimed at the door, so that he can see if it is the love of his life :verkle: , or Frankenstien's older sister :crazy: trying to knock it down.... Oh, and a restroom. A shower would be optional...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,307
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

PMS

Bless you, but have you read these posts? Even the women that suffer from PMS admit it cannot be controlled to any extent.

I think every marriage should come with a storm shelter for the husband (during these times :cool2: ). It should be well stocked with beer and snacks, be soundproof, contain a comfy sofa, a wide screen TV, a playstation and an iPad 3. It should also have a CCV camera aimed at the door, so that he can see if it is the love of his life :verkle: , or Frankenstien's older sister :crazy: trying to knock it down.... Oh, and a restroom. A shower would be optional...

The timex men.... takes a kicking and keeps on ticking.... :red_smile: an ever advance on I love you so dear....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

PMS

The timex men.... takes a kicking and keeps on ticking.... :red_smile: an ever advance on I love you so dear....

I will go for the bomb shelter thank you.... (I forgot to add a fridge full of beer and a cupboard full of snacks...)

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

PMS is tough for some ladies! I don't get mad I just get really emotional. For a couple of days I will just cry at anything - sad film, watching the news, anything to do with children or animals and those charity adverts on television. Some get very angry and moody though - probably best to avoid them - but not so much that they feel avoided!

I'm not sure it is controllable!?