IGNORED

Should the Supreme Court strike down the healthcare law?

AlexanderJ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What difference does it make whether it is the federal, state or local government issuing a mandate? A mandate is a mandate.

Seriously?

If you do not own a car and do not desire to drive you are exempt from State Mandates of having a required license and car insurance. In Obamacare everyone must buy Health Insurance or face jail time or a steep fine.

Do you really want to live in a society wherein the Government will dictate what you must purchase? If you do you will next be forced to purchase and drive a dangerous battery operated inefficient vehicle which will likely burn down your home in the middle of the night.

Wake Up sir!

Dave, it is against Federal Law for an emergency room to turn anyone away from treatment...... so in this analogy, everyone drives or has access to.driving. If you want to take this analogy, you would have to say that an ER would/could refuse you service if you couldn't pay for it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

What difference does it make whether it is the federal, state or local government issuing a mandate? A mandate is a mandate.

A mandate is a mandate? I have to disagree.

My wife can mandate me do something. I can comply, or I can ignore her.

My village can mandate me do something. I can comply, or I can move.

It becomes more difficult as I move up the government ladder. If my state mandates something I don't like or agree with, I can move - but it becomes more difficult.

My Federal government mandates something? That may be extremely difficult (or impossible) to deal with as it involves moving to another country.

Freedom is something that few that have it seem to appreciate - until it's gone. Then it's too late.

Blessings!

-Ed

Dave, it is against Federal Law for an emergency room to turn anyone away from treatment...... so in this analogy, everyone drives or has access to.driving. If you want to take this analogy, you would have to say that an ER would/could refuse you service if you couldn't pay for it.

Okay.

How about we write a law that deals with THAT specific issue - and not throw out the Constitution and destroy what is arguably the best health care system in the world in the process.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

In reality, the government is going to find out that FORCING anyone to buy anything is simply enforceable. We need a plan where no one is denied medical coverage because of the inability to pay, whether public or private.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Funny I seem to be required by the government to put taxes towards social security & medicare for seniors, services I very likely will never get good returns on when I myself reach retirement age.

Where is the outrage about that?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Funny I seem to be required by the government to put taxes towards social security & medicare for seniors, services I very likely will never get good returns on when I myself reach retirement age.

Good point, but where is our SS money now? Is our taxes being spent for the right things? It will soon be like Star Trek where we all work for nothing and everything is provided for us ... no thanks. This is not the Ethiopia I have been waiting for.

Social Security was enacted by democrat icon FDR during the height of the Great Depression. It has ballooned and expanded way beyond its original purpose. It is almost broke, and given the present demographics it is unsustainable.

Medicare was enacted by democrat icon LBJ during the Great Society in reaction to the tragic assassination of JFK. It has ballooned and expanded way beyond its original purpose. It is almost broke, and it is unsustainable.

Now democrat icon Barack Milhouse Obama is attempting to enact Obamacare

Perhaps some of the "outrage" at yet another unsustainable government program rammed through a compliant Congress by icon of the moment is - in fact - outrage at those previous programs.

Just a thought.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It will soon be like Star Trek where we all work for nothing and everything is provided for us ...

Actually, they had something called "credits" which they used to purchase things. I think it was a 100% on-line transaction type of system.

But to have a system where everything you need is provided for and you are not paid for your work would result in most people not working. I mean, who would work trash-collecting if they didn't need the money?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

In reality, the government is going to find out that FORCING anyone to buy anything is simply enforceable. We need a plan where no one is denied medical coverage because of the inability to pay, whether public or private.

Unrealistic. Even with obamacare, older folks were told they would be denied coverage and told to take a pill instead. It is impossible to cover everyone and everything.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

We currently have that.