• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Are you referencing an article in the OP? I don't see any links other than your claim, and I was hoping to hear more information about this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Obama put a little spark to the fire....when he supported same sex marriages. Just so he can have their votes in the upcoming election.

Same sex marriages are taking over in the United States' churches... are they omitting the book of Romans ?

Gods' word is... His word . God does not change His mind on His word, when it comes to sinning.

Will this type of acceptance in the churches become strong because of equal rights ?... and we who follow Gods' word will become weak ?

I think a war is on ...religion against religion.

We have to put up with other religions,and their beliefs in this world; muslims' , mormons ; JW; Budda; etc.

now, we have to put up with this kind of corruption... same sex marriages in Churches, that preach about , Jesus Christ.

You can google it ...Episcopal church ...go to this weeks news on it .

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Tuesday, same sex marriages were approved, in the Episcopal Churches...in the U.S.

Next to follow to do so is , the United Church Of Christ .

News gives , that other Churches , may want to follow as well.

Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord . Which is sin.

If we break any of the the 10 commandments of God ? We sin .

These churches that approve same sex marriages , are preaching Jesus Christ.

What are we to do ? :noidea: How will we witness for the Lord ...to the lost ?

Episcopal Church becomes biggest US church to bless gay unions

By Becky Bratu, msnbc.com

The U.S. Episcopal Church became the biggest church in the United States to approve a provisional rite for blessing gay unions after its House of Deputies gave its final approval Tuesday.

Follow @msnbc_us

The resolution passed with 78 percent approval in the lay order and 76 percent in the clergy order. The House of Deputies is made up of both clergy and lay people.

In the lay order, 86 deputations voted in favor, 19 against; five were divided. In the clergy order, 85 deputations voted in favor, 22 opposed the resolution and four were divided.

The proposed blessing liturgy was initially approved by the Church's House of Bishops Monday during the 77th General Convention in Indianapolis, with 111 votes in favor to 41 opposed and three abstentions.

Advertise | AdChoices

Deputies of opposite views spoke in alternate succession Tuesday afternoon, with those against the proposal urging more time to consider a decision of such magnitude.

The Rev. Sharon Lewis, alternate deputy of the Diocese of Southwest Florida, said the liturgy is more than a “pastoral provision.”

"Let us move together in the heart of Christ, not turn this great big old church that I love so much on a dime,” Lewis said.

Speaking in favor of the blessings, Deputy Jenna Guy from Iowa said the resolution is important to the younger generation of Episcopalians, adding that passing the resolution would bring more people into the Church.

Follow @beckybratu

"It’s always with great pride that I tell [people] of the inclusive nature of this Church,” Guy said.

A deputy from Alaska added, "There is never anything wrong with celebrating love.”

The new Episcopal same-sex liturgy is called "The Witnessing and Blessing of a Lifelong Covenant."

In the proposed rite, each person would make a vow to the other, exchange rings and be declared "bound to one another in a holy covenant, as long as they both shall live." The liturgy is expected to go into effect for provisional use starting the first week of Advent -- beginning on Dec. 2, 2012 -- and will undergo a review process before the next General Convention in 2015. Congregations and clergy wishing to use the liturgy would need the permission of their bishops.

In states that currently allow same-sex civil marriage, such as Maryland and New York, Episcopalians may already bless same-sex marriages, but there is no formal church-wide liturgy. Commitment ceremonies for gay couples are allowed elsewhere in the church at the discretion of the local bishop.

Episcopal bishops approve resolution to bless gay unions

The Episcopal Church is an independent U.S.-based church affiliated with the worldwide Anglican Communion. The church has about 2 million members, most in the United States.

It is not the only major U.S. denomination considering same-sex marriage issues.

The United Church of Christ, a mainline Protestant denomination with about 1 million members voted in 2005 to support full civil and religious marriage equality for same-sex couples.

The U.S. Presbyterian Church on Friday narrowly rejected a proposal for a constitutional change that would redefine marriage as a union between "two people" rather than between a woman and a man. The church, with around 2 million members, currently allows ministers to bless gay unions but prohibits them from solemnizing gay civil marriages.

Advertise

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

No matter how many vote for the acceptance of this, it will never make it right in Gods eyes.

In the lay order, 86 deputations voted in favor, 19 against; five were divided. In the clergy order, 85 deputations voted in favor, 22 opposed the resolution and four were divided.

It seems like there was a lot of support for this provision within the church.

Support within their church, not Gods.

There is a difference.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is another sign that we're in the end times, however long they may be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,400
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Same sex marriages are an abomination to me as well. But I really don't think this can be stopped anymore. I hate to say that, but I just don't. One reason is because the Bible tells us that in the end times there will be very little real faith left on the Earth. I didn't think that would mean same sex marriages would be legal, but now we see it does. And it is an abomination.

I think all we might be able to do is to stop whatever denomination we belong to from making same sex marriages ok. And if your denomination ok's same sex marriage, switch to a church that doesn't allow them. I think all the denominations better stop fighting over trivial differences in how you interpret scripture, and focus on this one thing. I left the last church because they made halloween a bigger celebration than Christmas. Now the churches are allowing same sex marriages? I can't be part of a church that does this.

I think we're going back to a time when true Christians will have to meet in secret, just like 2000 years ago. I shudder at what else is coming.

Hey sticks and stones get you into the presence of Jesus... don't give me a chance to push this button! Cause I can't wait to get there!

I guess it just comes with the name :) ... Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Tuesday, same sex marriages were approved, in the Episcopal Churches...in the U.S.

Some how I think abomination is worse than most sins.

I dont think we are under the original 10 commandments. one of them was to keep the sabbath. all the commands we are to follow in Jesus are listed in th NT and sabbath isnt one of them.

Since when, we are not to follow the 10 commandments ?

....these are some of them:

Thou shall not commit adultry.

Thou shall not steal.

Thou shall not kill.

I am talking about the 10 commandments written by the very finger of God , to Moses. We are to stick by them forever.

I worship on Sunday and all the OT laws including the ten I am not under them I go by the NT and here is what it says

Eph 6:2

Honor thy father and mother

Matt 19: 18

He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Matt 19: 19

Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matt 22: 36

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Matt 22: 37

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matt 22: 38

This is the first and great commandment.

Matt 22: 39

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mark 10: 19

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Luke 10: 27

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Luke 10: 28

he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

John 13: 34

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 14: 15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15: 10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15: 12

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15: 13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15: 14

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15: 17

These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Romans 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Hebrews 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Romans 3:31

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Romans 13:8,9,10

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus preached gospel of the kingdom Matt 9:35

Apostles preach kingdom of heaven to Israel Matt 10: 6-7

Colos 2: 16

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Mark 1: 27

And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Some how I think abomination is worse than most sins.

I dont think we are under the original 10 commandments. one of them was to keep the sabbath. all the commands we are to follow in Jesus are listed in th NT and sabbath isnt one of them.

Since when, we are not to follow the 10 commandments ?

....these are some of them:

Thou shall not commit adultry.

Thou shall not steal.

Thou shall not kill.

I am talking about the 10 commandments written by the very finger of God , to Moses. We are to stick by them forever.

so are you a person that keeps the Sabbath rather than worship on Sunday???????

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Can we get back on topic, please?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~