• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I have never seen cowboys in helmets. :cowboy:

Watch a rodeo.

I've seen young bull riders and bucking horse riders wear helmets.

Everyone should ride a bull. ........... once...

I've never rode a bull, but I've been chased by one several times........ :biggrin2:

There is nothing like climbing on the back of a one ton bull who would like nothing more to toss you over his head just so he can stomp you into the ground..... and when you are setting there and feeling all those muscles tighten up and loosen up and can tell he's all tensed up it's terribly un nerving........ then as it would happen, I experienced something that seldom happens...... he turned his head around and looked at me..... and I understood that he wanted to kill me, and as the terror built up and just as I was about to reach over and push myself up on the chute sides that uncle of mine who talked me into this great error on my part looks up at me from outside the gate and with a very big grin yanks on this rope and the bull just exploded. They say that I was naturally good and lasted about 5 seconds, but I really don't remember much of anything but how much it hurt when I hit the ground........ but I still have nightmares of the look in his eye when our eyes met just before that gate opened.

Bull riders are either nuts, or adrenalin junkies...... I'm leaning more toward the nuts side.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Colorado up in the mountains:

rockymtnatforest001.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyoming just north of Jackson Hole.

2010yellowst0ne-579_edited.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sedona, Az.

IMG_7781ed.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellowstone National Park

2008071429.jpg

2008071463.jpg

2008071488-1.jpg

20080714259.jpg

20080716207.jpg

We took this road 37 miles up into the mountains North West of yellowstone.

2008071865.jpg

When we got to the top of that mountain in the background it snowed on us and we almost got stranded

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Woot, woot, Wyoming. I would like to talk to y'all awhile about Wyoming. :soapbox:

Power to the State's, not the Federal Government.

I drove across Wyoming last summer. No offense, but it is the biggest bunch of nothing one could imagine. Mile after endless mile. It is Nevada without Las Vegas. Borrrrrrrrr-ing!

You must have gone across on I-80? There isn't much to see. I once stopped at this little store in a place call "Point of Rocks," out in the middle of nowhere, and there were wild mountain goats walking around. I was able to pet one of them, though I am not sure it was the smartest thing to do? You would do better to check out northern Wyoming, where the scenery is nicer. Also go across on I-90 and check out that part of Idaho. Much of Idaho is just like Wyoming, but it is nice in the northern part of the state. I personally like Wyoming, because it is so wide open. A large state, with a relatively small population.

Thinking about the western states made me think of Montana. People talk about big sky country, but I was surprised at how the sky appears there? It has a look of its own. Basically, every state has its own unique qualities. Being in differen't parts of the U.S. makes you feel like you are in a differen't country, as the people are so differen't from one area to another. Canada is unique from one area to another. I loved British Columbia, but didn't care that much for Ontario. Quebec really feels like another country, as many of the signs are all in French. I still don't get the metric road signs? In this country, you know you need a 13 '6 clearance in a tractor-trailer, but in Canada, it is all metric.

Yeah, I drove I-80, west to east. Spent a night in Laramie. I've also driven I-25 north from Denver to Montana, not too much different. Lived in Montana for two years and in northern idaho prior to that. Had some good points, but a little too remote for my tastes.

As for metric, I think metric is easier to figure than the English system. But I guess it's what you're used to.

We really do enjoy traveling and taking pictures...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Of all the western states, Colorado has done the best job of developing itself. Wyoming is not much different geographically, but they never developed ski resorts of much of any other business. Utah has slowly been catching up in the last 20 years, especially in the areas north and south of Salt Lake City.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I'll am not apposed to this thread morphing into a travel thread, please for the longevity of this thread go right ahead.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

South Africa

We do not have lions in our backyards.

Not too many people live in huts.

Contrary to popular belief the country is very green (my wife expected brown rolling Savannah, and although we have lots of that, we also have a lot of greenery!)

We have a 1st world road system (with the obligatory tolls....)

Cape Town has been voted as one of the most beautiful cities in the world

Durban (where I was raised), is the biggest port in Africa.

Johannesburg is a huge metropolis built on gold, and has the deepest mines in the world (so deep that it gets so hot they are air conditioned)

We are a major exporter of citrus fruit, apples, sugar, timber and wood pulp, gold, uranium, titanium, aluminium, diamonds and coal.

We invented the process, and produce our own fuel from coal.

We did the very first heart transplant.

We have the best Rugby and Cricket teams in the world......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

South Africa

Contrary to popular belief the country is very green (my wife expected brown rolling Savannah, and although we have lots of that, we also have a lot of greenery!)

Johannesburg is a huge metropolis built on gold, and has the deepest mines in the world (so deep that it gets so hot they are air conditioned)

We are a major exporter of citrus fruit, apples, sugar, timber and wood pulp, gold, uranium, titanium, aluminium, diamonds and coal.

Awesome. I didn't realize I had so many misconceptions about Africa... Sorry :b:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

South Africa

Awesome. I didn't realize I had so many misconceptions about Africa... Sorry :b:

No sweat! But don't confuse the continent of Africa with South Africa (which is in the southern part of Africa). But then again so is Egypt (in the North, etc....)