Joyce Meyer

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

It is NOT a sin to be wealthy....but....the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. People who have the gift of the Holy Spirit care not the things of this world. We feel blessed and thankful for what we have, but we are not out in pursuit of our own happiness. When you say the things that Joyce Meyer says it kind of makes it look like you do things for a profit.

It is very hard for most people to be wealthy and not love their money and get a big head.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

LOVE SONGS

If He did ...I sure wished ......He would send me some money from heaven !

For, God knows that it takes money for us to survive here on earth. We cannot

buy, food, clothing, or keep a roof over our heads, and etc. without money.

Well, if God would just allow me 5 min with a pickaxe in one of his back ally's, then allow me to come back. We would be set for life. I would share of course.

bornagain2011

When you say the things that Joyce Meyer says it kind of makes it look like you do things for a profit.

It is very hard for most people to be wealthy and not love their money and get a big head.

No, it's hard for a Wealthy person to just start trusting God. If the Lord Makes you wealthy, it's a process of being faithful with a little, sowing, and no sorrow is added to it. This is why those that win Lotto are broke and miserable not long after. You don't give a fool lots of money. You give the person that is faithful lots of money.

I am not the judge, but to buy things just to buy things is an addiction. Lots of people are addicted to buying things, Broke and Rich. It gives them something to look forward to, to get that next thing.

I have seen the poorest people collect just dumb things. Dog brushes for dogs they don't have or could afford. Colored dice, thousands of them. The list goes on. Books, Movies, you name it, just to say you own it.

Now if you want something, get the nicest one you can afford.

I had a conversation with my family last night. We had the More expensive seasoned chicken tenderloins with Homemade Mac and Cheese. Not a fancy meal. The comment was made by my kids that the Homemade Mac and cheese was far better than the one you get in a box, and the Tenderloins were far better than the processed cheap nuggets.

Now.... It was not an expensive meal, but the less expensive version was not as pleasing. So why not just switch to the one every one likes more? Aside from the fact Home Made Mac and Cheese with real Cheddar is sort of a process.

It's not the price of something. Nobody has a right to say anything cost to much. It's the Heart.

Joyce Meyers, Wealth:

Wealth and riches shall be in their house...... Psalm 112.

Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

Obedience and faith in God will make you wealthy. Obedience and no faith in wealth will keep you broke. God would never be able to get you to step out in something that will bring money in. I am sure we all have had business ideas, or opportunities to do and never acted on them..........

Joyce bought a Cabin to go to for quite time. It was on a Lake, and I would like to say in Colorado. She found that her time in the Cabin was taking up time with the Lord, and not what she expected. She said she had to sell the Cabin, because it was getting in the way of the things of God. I believe she is OK with wealth. Serving God by default sets you up to be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord.

(quote)Brother Mike

You give the person that is faithful lots of money

----------------------------

Yes... you give the faithful your money, and they become foolish with the money.

The verses in the bible that you picked out.....are those verses meant , just for thoses in the ministry ?

No ... it is meant for everyone. But, where is my wealth and riches ? I am , an obedient child of God .

For those who have wealth ...thank God for it.

Especially those who ,never lifted a hand to work hard for it.

Is there a fine line between those who preach on t.v. ....and the ones like me, that teach or preach, to others around us ,

to get Blessed , by God in wealth and riches ?

Those verses of God prospering us.... are for every child of God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

LOVE SONGS

Well, if God would just allow me 5 min with a pickaxe in one of his back ally's, then allow me to come back. We would be set for life. I would share of course.

bornagain2011

When you say the things that Joyce Meyer says it kind of makes it look like you do things for a profit.

No, it's hard for a Wealthy person to just start trusting God. If the Lord Makes you wealthy, it's a process of being faithful with a little, sowing, and no sorrow is added to it. This is why those that win Lotto are broke and miserable not long after. You don't give a fool lots of money. You give the person that is faithful lots of money.

I am not the judge, but to buy things just to buy things is an addiction. Lots of people are addicted to buying things, Broke and Rich. It gives them something to look forward to, to get that next thing.

I have seen the poorest people collect just dumb things. Dog brushes for dogs they don't have or could afford. Colored dice, thousands of them. The list goes on. Books, Movies, you name it, just to say you own it.

I had a conversation with my family last night. We had the More expensive seasoned chicken tenderloins with Homemade Mac and Cheese. Not a fancy meal. The comment was made by my kids that the Homemade Mac and cheese was far better than the one you get in a box, and the Tenderloins were far better than the processed cheap nuggets.

Now.... It was not an expensive meal, but the less expensive version was not as pleasing. So why not just switch to the one every one likes more? Aside from the fact Home Made Mac and Cheese with real Cheddar is sort of a process.

It's not the price of something. Nobody has a right to say anything cost to much. It's the Heart.

Joyce Meyers, Wealth:

Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

Obedience and faith in God will make you wealthy. Obedience and no faith in wealth will keep you broke. God would never be able to get you to step out in something that will bring money in. I am sure we all have had business ideas, or opportunities to do and never acted on them..........

Joyce bought a Cabin to go to for quite time. It was on a Lake, and I would like to say in Colorado. She found that her time in the Cabin was taking up time with the Lord, and not what she expected. She said she had to sell the Cabin, because it was getting in the way of the things of God. I believe she is OK with wealth. Serving God by default sets you up to be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord.

(quote)Brother Mike

Yes... you give the faithful your money, and they become foolish with the money.

The verses in the bible that you picked out.....are those verses meant , just for thoses in the ministry ?

No ... it is meant for everyone. But, where is my wealth and riches ? I am , an obedient child of God .

See, here we go again. So what if someone has inherited money from their parents or family? Just because they did not have to work for it, somehow it's their fault?

I have a very, extremely rich friend, who was sent to the best schools, never wanted for anything, and when his father turned 60 gave his children their inheritance up front, before he died (he is still alive). This person has a wife and three children, he is an elder, she is a school teacher from choice (she does not have to work). They are a wonderful, giving, loving christian family, who have blessed so many people (with safari vehicles to start a business, etc), and a lot of other stuff that only few of us know about. (How would you like an elder from your church to come to you one day and say, look you have had a very hard year, here is an all expenses paid trip to Paris. Enjoy!). He is also an awesome teacher, up there with Piper..

So by saying that we should thank God for what He has blessed us with is awesome, and we should all be doing that daily.

But by saying, "especially those who never lifted a hand to work hard for it", is bordering on envy and judgement.

Think about it. As I have said before. If God chooses to bless someone more than us, who are we to question Him?

Again. It is what we do with our blessings that God looks at. And He knows the couple I spoke about can handle the wealth.

Maybe He knows more about me than I know myself when it comes to handling wealth? And thus gives "sufficient for the day".

LOVE SONGS

bornagain2011

Joyce Meyers, Wealth:

Jesus Is Lord.

(quote)Brother Mike

See, here we go again. So what if someone has inherited money from their parents or family? Just because they did not have to work for it, somehow it's their fault?

I have a very, extremely rich friend, who was sent to the best schools, never wanted for anything, and when his father turned 60 gave his children their inheritance up front, before he died (he is still alive). This person has a wife and three children, he is an elder, she is a school teacher from choice (she does not have to work). They are a wonderful, giving, loving christian family, who have blessed so many people (with safari vehicles to start a business, etc), and a lot of other stuff that only few of us know about. (How would you like an elder from your church to come to you one day and say, look you have had a very hard year, here is an all expenses paid trip to Paris. Enjoy!). He is also an awesome teacher, up there with Piper..

So by saying that we should thank God for what He has blessed us with is awesome, and we should all be doing that daily.

But by saying, "especially those who never lifted a hand to work hard for it", is bordering on envy and judgement.

Think about it. As I have said before. If God chooses to bless someone more than us, who are we to question Him?

Again. It is what we do with our blessings that God looks at. And He knows the couple I spoke about can handle the wealth.

Maybe He knows more about me than I know myself when it comes to handling wealth? And thus gives "sufficient for the day".

Fez... I am saying to thank God for the money ...even if they never worked for it. You are trying to twist what I wrote !

Mercy Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Is it a sin to be wealthy?

No it is not a sin to be wealthy. But neither is it a curse to be poor.

My in laws were dirt poor (they have since passed away). They were strong believers and evangelized, hosted camp meetings etc. They shined the light of the Lord throughout their lives. Yet they were dirt poor. Wof doctrine teaches that they lack faith because they are poor.

Complete garbage.

I dont get upset over wof preachers for their money, although it does cause one to raise an eyebrow. I question their doctrines. They do not line up with scripture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

It is NOT a sin to be wealthy....but....the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. People who have the gift of the Holy Spirit care not the things of this world. We feel blessed and thankful for what we have, but we are not out in pursuit of our own happiness. When you say the things that Joyce Meyer says it kind of makes it look like you do things for a profit.

Many folks who are not wealthy also have a strong love of money. I have seen this firsthand in people. Many who are wealthy do not have a love of money. It is falsely judgmental to claim that wealthy folks must have a love of money.

(quote) Brother Mike

I am convinced that no matter how old you are, no matter what position you are financially, There is a plan. I am willing to bet some time ago God laid something on everyone's heart that Obey him, but is sounded silly and they did not step out in faith to go after it.

Yes... Mike

Years ago ... when I was a hairdresser...God gave me an idea for an invention pertaining to a hairdressing, device.

I sought , I wrote and drew everything to my invention.. had a patent attorney in D.C. it was cheaper, than here in

Louisiana. It is hard for the patents office to approve a patent.

I did it... with Gods' help. I have a patent on an invention.

I sought manufactures, and such to get it on the market.

Nothing helped in everyway I turned.

I laid it on the shelf aside, to seek the God almighty that gave me the idea. Seeking Him., first.

Since the 80's ... my invention has expired . Fees of X-amount of dollars, to keep it going. I lost the invention.

But, I have given in money and myself to ministeries and others, all of my life.

I am not an envious person of what others have .

But, when I have given to ministeries , evangelists...etc. from a good heart , in obedience of giving

as God, would want me to do.

The ministeries are very blessed by the people who give. Some misuse the money that the hard working people give..to be greedy about it.

Yes, I am one , along with the rest of the millions, of people that give from the heart , and send along a

prayer request to their ministeries . But, knowing about how they don't read prayer request and shread them ...

it just turns my stomach.

Read ...what Jade posted in here... the post made... by Ovedya...who , he and his wife worked at TBN.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I am poor, but wealthy because I am blessed. I am also happy for people who are well off. I have some people in my family that are pretty well off and get to take nice vacations all the time. My mom doesn't like that side of the family because she thinks they are snobs. But I still love them and enjoy their company. I don't tell people in my family how much I give, or even that I am a sponsor to a little girl in India, they wouldn't understand, they would say I was throwing my money away. But I am also going to school to earn a degree so I can get a job to support me and my 2 children. God has opened so many doors for me in my life, the things that were impossible a year ago are now possible for me :). Praise be to God!

Yes I do agree, there are rich people who live like their poor, or who deal with their wealth really well. And there are people who are obsessed with spending and hoarding regardless of their financial situation.

I am poor, but wealthy because I am blessed. I am also happy for people who are well off. I have some people in my family that are pretty well off and get to take nice vacations all the time. My mom doesn't like that side of the family because she thinks they are snobs. But I still love them and enjoy their company. I don't tell people in my family how much I give, or even that I am a sponsor to a little girl in India, they wouldn't understand, they would say I was throwing my money away. But I am also going to school to earn a degree so I can get a job to support me and my 2 children. God has opened so many doors for me in my life, the things that were impossible a year ago are now possible for me :). Praise be to God!

Yes I do agree, there are rich people who live like their poor, or who deal with their wealth really well. And there are people who are obsessed with spending and hoarding regardless of their financial situation.

:thumbsup: ..... Good choice ...that is it , get an education. You will have that good paying job for you and those children.

You have a good heart of giving , bornagain ...taking care of that little girl in India. You are Blessed !