• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

most pot users arent able to control and they also use too much. ask any former user.smoking one can work its funny that some are agaisnt that and push pot.

I think you might be surprised. Just like alcohol there are people that become addicted & dependant, but just like alcohol there are plenty of people who smoke pot recreationally & are still able to have successful careers & family life.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

few and far between. lets say many of potheads i speak of are in my family. bro was and my wife has alot. her brother smokes that so much that well he could have likely afforded a house and not be in a trailer and works and races. he also has NO health care. yet smokes enough to pay for it all easily.

sorry no sell my uncle also smoked and says pot and nicotine have contributed to his copd.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

few and far between. lets say many of potheads i speak of are in my family. bro was and my wife has alot. her brother smokes that so much that well he could have likely afforded a house and not be in a trailer and works and races. he also has NO health care. yet smokes enough to pay for it all easily.

sorry no sell my uncle also smoked and says pot and nicotine have contributed to his copd.

And it being illegal has stopped them from smoking it.......

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I've been seeing numbers around the 40% mark of people who have tried marijuana at least once. Of course it's also hard to say who uses on a more frequent basis since it's... you know illegal.

However some interesting info about alcohol & marijuana can be found here: http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/dcf/duc.cfm

When you look at violent crimes and the perceptions of victims, it seems like alcohol is a lot more responsible for violence & things of that sort.

I really do think that marijuana has a stigma that it doesn't really warrant - it isn't good for you but I really don't think it destroys someone's life as much as other drugs, or even alcohol.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

With all the welfare in this country I wonder if they would have ultra low cost hookers..... or maybe federal run/supported brothels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,529
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  252
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

legalising prostitution would encourage young girls to think it is ok to sell themselves as a " career " :emot-fail: At least whilst it is not " officially sanctioned " some will get out of it because they are ashamed to tell thier family what they do. ..Are you going to add prostitution to career advice leaflets that get handed out in school ????

If the men using these poor women were hit with the same punishments that the women get if caught then you may have a chance to slow /stop it ..here at least if a prostitute is caught plying her trade SHE gets fined /imprisoned but the guy who is using her gets away with a caution :wacko:

neither does regualion of any business stop them from doing wrong. why have laws then if people are going to just break them. the 14th amendment didnt stop slavery at all. it just went into the forms we have today. illegal immigration and also child sex slaverery. its nothing new just the media doesnt do much reporting on it. yet its larger then we think.

do hate crimes make people love each other? No, does penal codes against rape and murder stop them. NO.

I've been seeing numbers around the 40% mark of people who have tried marijuana at least once. Of course it's also hard to say who uses on a more frequent basis since it's... you know illegal.

However some interesting info about alcohol & marijuana can be found here: http://bjs.ojp.usdoj...ent/dcf/duc.cfm

When you look at violent crimes and the perceptions of victims, it seems like alcohol is a lot more responsible for violence & things of that sort.

I really do think that marijuana has a stigma that it doesn't really warrant - it isn't good for you but I really don't think it destroys someone's life as much as other drugs, or even alcohol.

i do. if i feel like i will show you how it has harmed my step child that lives with and her view of men based on her mothers bad decisions

if they want legal then let them also who smoke pay for any health issue. im tired of being taxed for others bad behaviors. get cancer from your stupidity then live with that decision and die. i dont blame the weight that i have gained on the items i eat but the fact the im eating too much or poorly.

the man who ate that other mans face had thcs in his system.

yes i know all about violent crimes and alcohol. im an mp and have been trained in what is linked to that drug.its also mainly due to stubborness that i dont bother with pushing it to be illegal. but it wouldnt bother me if it was. i dont drink, smoke. but what part of my bil can function dont you get or you dont mind paying higher taxes because of men and women like him who can pay for healthcare but wont so that they can get high. he had the money to get his hernia fixed and waiting till he couldnt get out bed and it cost him 5k verses 1.5 to get that hernia repaired. he could have died. nice guy works hard but once again we should encourage healthy habits not vices.

gambling yeah thats a good idea. out of all that money that is made much of is spent on the addicts to rehab them and also fight the crime that it causes. i have heard that is also(legal mj) that is also a problem as growers move in and do it illegally and the county not the state is paying to go after them. so many a counties have said no to allowing medical marijuana in their counties. you can smoke it in your home but we wont allow and thus are dry county. funny aint it.that is michigan.

the lotto another brilliant idea. targets the poor. ironic lets help the poor and then fool them into thinking that the lotto is their way out if they win.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Creating a lawless society in preparation for a lawless leader. They can make a religion out of it and call them temple prostitutes. Proof that mankind is devolving.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

neither does regualion of any business stop them from doing wrong. why have laws then if people are going to just break them. the 14th amendment didnt stop slavery at all. it just went into the forms we have today. illegal immigration and also child sex slaverery. its nothing new just the media doesnt do much reporting on it. yet its larger then we think.

do hate crimes make people love each other? No, does penal codes against rape and murder stop them. NO.

Right, and those are all crimes against other people. We're talking about personal use here. You imprison a murderer to remove him from society and protect society at large. You imprison a drug user to protect himself from something he could be doing to himself perfectly legally with exorbitant alcohol use. It's an illogical position, you can't successfully legislate personal behavior. If you could the Colombian and Mexican drug cartels wouldn't be pulling in 20+ BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. Black markets are always built to fill a vacuum and are almost impossible to stop, because if there's a buyer you can guarantee there will be a market, for anything. The situation we have here is that there are tens of millions of buyers and a thriving black market that has basically made so much money that it can go gun for gun with the Mexican government. It only took the government 13 years to realize that prohibition of alcohol was an utter and complete failure because doing so criminalized half the population and gave an incredible amount of power to organized crime here. We are seeing the exact same thing right now, both in this country and out of it and 40 thousand Mexican citizens have paid for it with their lives over the past 5 years. Northern Mexico is more dangerous to live in than Afghanistan right now, and Afghanistan is a legitimate war zone. The border regions of Mexico have the highest concentrated murder rate on the planet, some of the highest murder rates you will ever see that don't involve actual government sanctioned genocide. Prohibition of alcohol did not work and prohibition of drugs is not working.

Look at the Bureau of Justice's own statistics. The "War on Drugs" started in earnest under Nixon in 1971. According to the US Department of Justice in 1970 there were 322,000 adults arrested on drug charges in 1970, the year before the war on drugs started. The next year it went up to 383,000. By 1980 it was up to 471,000. So over that first 9 years the number of arrests increased by about 25 percent. By 1990 the number of adults arrested more than doubled from the 1980 number, up to over one million. By 2000 this number was at nearly 1.4 million. In 2007, the final year they have statistics for it was over 1.6 million.

During this same time period, from 1970 to 2007, the population increased by about 30 or so percent, from 203 million to roughly 300 million, this according to the US census bureau (please note that I'm postulating the 300 million number in 2007 due to it being between censuses and would be willing to accept an exactly accurate number if one is provided).

So, the population increases by about 30 percent from 1970 to 2007 and the number of people arrested for drug related crime increases by over 400 percent. If the war on drugs were working and it was actually getting people off drugs and keeping them off drugs one would assume that there'd have been a drastic increase in the number of arrests in the first 5 to 10 years as the government ramped up their enforcement policy and then a slow year by year decline in the number of arrests made after that point due to the lack of available drugs for purchase and the many government programs that have been implemented that are designed to help people kick their addiction. That's not what has happened at all. We have seen the number of arrests increase dramatically as enforcement was added and then after nearly 30 years finally hit a level in which the number of arrests made remained fairly stable in direct proportion to the united states population. This is not something "working." If it were working there'd be fewer drugs available, fewer people wanting to do them, fewer people doing them, and fewer people being arrested for doing them.

Meanwhile, we've spent over a trillion dollars on this so far and there has been no tangible evidence of it stopping anybody who wants to do drugs from doing drugs. I wish nobody would do drugs in an illicit manner, but it simply cannot be stopped in a society such as this and the outcome of trying to stop it is, in my opinion, far worse than the outcome of the government getting out of the lives' of its populace and allowing them to make their own bad decisions as long as these decisions don't hurt anyone else.