IGNORED

Does God answer prayer's from un-believers?

Jayyycuuup

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I personally haven't came across anything that would say yes, or no. So I'm hoping someone else could answer this..... For God to grant you, your wish i.e. a miracle do you have to be saved....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

I personally haven't came across anything that would say yes, or no. So I'm hoping someone else could answer this..... For God to grant you, your wish i.e. a miracle do you have to be saved....

Hi Jake.

I have to ask myself, why would an unbeliever ask anything of God? I know this much;

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14).

The one prayer any unbeliever can pray with absolute assurance of being heard:

"God have mercy on me, a sinner."

(as an example of a repentant sinner.)

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

The one prayer any unbeliever can pray with absolute assurance of being heard:

"God have mercy on me, a sinner."

(as an example of a repentant sinner.)

Amen walla

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I was an unbeliever as far as the bible and Christianity goes but had a relationship with the one true God that included answered prayer for 5 years before becoming a believer. You do not need to believe the bible or Christianity to receive answered prayer from God.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have heard many stories about prayer being answered by people who were not believers at the time during war. Many didn't know of Jesus at the time but called out to God (the higher power) for mercy..... which goes along with Walla's post.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I think that it is important to understand that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews tells us that it is impossible to please God without faith, that one must first believe that he is and that he is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Romans said he gave himself witness through creation. And in yet another place God did not leave himself without witness as he sent rain from heaven.

To come to God in prayer one must first believe there is a chance God exists. That is enough to get a response.

Gary

Guest shiloh357

Jesus granted the requests of the Syro-Phonecian woman for her daughter and the Centurion who sought Jesus to heal his servant. God heard and answered the prayers of Cornelius in the book of Acts BEFORE Cornelius was a believer. So there is precedant for God answering the prayers of unbelievers. In fact the ONLY person Jesus did not talk to in the NT was King Herod. Herod was as evil as any of the evil kings in the OT and Jesus wouldn't speak to Him and I personally doubt He even look at Herod when He was brought before Him.

God answers the sincere prayers of unbelievers, I believe based on the above precedants. They were people with faith, as the Scriptures bear out and at one point Jesus said the Centurion had more faith than anyone in Israel (and that included His own disciples).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I think that it is important to understand that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews tells us that it is impossible to please God without faith, that one must first believe that he is and that he is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Romans said he gave himself witness through creation. And in yet another place God did not leave himself without witness as he sent rain from heaven.

To come to God in prayer one must first believe there is a chance God exists. That is enough to get a response.

Gary

I agree Gary... Even if ur faith is the size of a mustard seed... that is enuff.. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Thanks everyone,

I got more than enough answers for my question and I really appreciate it!

Thank you and God bless :)