icdchillin1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Before answering, please understand that I have done a great deal of research, so I do not need an in depth explanation of the Nephilim.

When Moses sent spies into Canaan, they came back reporting the sons of Anak.

Anak is said to be the son of Arba according to Joshua 15:13.

Here's my difficulty. I am trying to figure out where these Anakites originated considering they came after the flood.

I have seen it said that they came from the Amorites. Others say they are the sons of Seth. Both of whom come from the line of Canaan (the cursed).

It appears the argument for the lineage deriving from Seth is due to the sons of Seth being in Kiriath Arba. The argument for the Amorites is slightly unclear going as far back as Abraham's commission.

Regardless, I am hoping that someone else can shed some light on this for me.

Whether you believe in giants or not, the Anakites were a real people. Anak was the son of Arba. (Some say that the Anakites were Raphaites descendents of Rapha because of 2 Sam. 21:15-22(NIV) and Deut. 2:10-11(NIV))

The question becomes: Where did Arba come from?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Before answering, please understand that I have done a great deal of research, so I do not need an in depth explanation of the Nephilim.

They came from those taken on the ark with Noah and his family.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Man is flesh with...the breath of life.

6:18-22 But with thee will I establish My covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them. Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

7:7-9 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

7:12-16 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

Problem. Only eight souls were saved by water.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Here's my difficulty. I am trying to figure out where these Anakites originated considering they came after the flood.

I have seen it said that they came from the Amorites. Others say they are the sons of Seth. Both of whom come from the line of Canaan (the cursed).

It appears the argument for the lineage deriving from Seth is due to the sons of Seth being in Kiriath Arba. The argument for the Amorites is slightly unclear going as far back as Abraham's commission.

Whether you believe in giants or not, the Anakites were a real people. Anak was the son of Arba. (Some say that the Anakites were Raphaites descendents of Rapha because of 2 Sam. 21:15-22(NIV) and Deut. 2:10-11(NIV))

They came from the same place the nephilim came from before the flood, only not in the numbers they had before the flood...... and according to Douglas Riggs and Rus Dizdar, they are doing the same thing today. Fallen angels creating half breed's to add to Satan's army. They seem to have the genetics down so the offspring are not so big now.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

They came from the same place the nephilim came from before the flood, only not in the numbers they had before the flood...... and according to Douglas Riggs and Rus Dizdar, they are doing the same thing today. Fallen angels creating half breed's to add to Satan's army. They seem to have the genetics down so the offspring are not so big now.

I wondered about this as a possibility. There is biblical evidence to suggest this could be true. Women are supposed to cover themselves when they pray, having power on their heads because of the angels. Angels do find human women attractive. We are told it is going to be as it was in the days of Noah and two things happened back then that caused the world to become more violent. One was the angels who left their first estate, the other was the population explosion. Be careful to entertain strangers my friend ;)

In Jesus Name,

Gary

I wondered about this as a possibility. There is biblical evidence to suggest this could be true. Women are supposed to cover themselves when they pray, having power on their heads because of the angels. Angels do find human women attractive. We are told it is going to be as it was in the days of Noah and two things happened back then that caused the world to become more violent. One was the angels who left their first estate, the other was the population explosion. Be careful to entertain strangers my friend ;)

In Jesus Name,

Gary

you'd have to listen to some of Doug and Russ's talks and decide for yourself how real it is. It's different for us all depending on our personal backgrounds and experiences as to whether or not this is possible, for it truly is pretty far out. but to those of us who's been out there..... not such a hard sell.

However one takes it, and no matter how much you give to the dark spiritual side of this present world, it's the walk with Jesus that can keep one spiritually safe, and only that walk that can protect us. As individuals we have no hope of overcoming the evil in this world. If they don't get you spiritually, they'll talk your neighbor into getting you.

Jesus is the only answer to the evil in this world and still it seems they win a few battles, but even then we're promised to be winners of the war.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hmmmm...not quite what I was looking for. I was hoping someone could add something to the conversation about which line of Noah's family the Anakites came through--scriptural evidence is welcomed.

I

Maybe there just isn't any....... then again if he's nephilim, he won't have a human father.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

You were given "scriptural evidence." Also consider that various races did not, could not, come from one man and woman. It is impossible now so was impossible then.

Not at all impossible. Even science has discovered that. The Eve gene has shown that all of mankind descended from one woman.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Whitestone writes:

Have you ever wondered...

1. How did "water" save souls?

2. Why is it written that "souls" were saved and not people, or Noah and his family, or humans, or men?

Answer: No, I have not. but I'm JUST SALIVATING to hear the revelation the WHOLE CHURCH has completely missed for the last 2,000 plus years, and which seemingly ONLY YOU have discovered for our edification and spiritual well being..........

As far as how more Nephilim came into being, Genesis 6 says "...giants were born unto them. AND ALSO AFTER THAT, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men......."

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Whitestone writes:

Have you ever wondered...

1. How did "water" save souls?

2. Why is it written that "souls" were saved and not people, or Noah and his family, or humans, or men?

Answer: No, I have not. but I'm JUST SALIVATING to hear the revelation the WHOLE CHURCH has completely missed for the last 2,000 plus years, and which seemingly ONLY YOU have discovered for our edification and spiritual well being..........

As far as how more Nephilim came into being, Genesis 6 says "...giants were born unto them. AND ALSO AFTER THAT, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men......."

I'm sorry you took my questions is such a negative manner. They weren't meant to irritate as they apparently have.

I agree the Nephilim were "also after that," but I think the question was concerning the human side of the Nephilim equation...not the angelic side.

Not irritated at all. I generally find such things amusing.........