• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ecclesiastes 3:17-21 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

For what reason would the Lord have Noah take in unrighteous people into the ark?

Guest shiloh357

The problem is that you are highlighting the parts that support your nonsense. What you are ignoring is these parts:

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

The text you cite you only highlight the parts that say all flesh that has breath. You ignore these parts that tell you what the Bible means. It means all of the animals that God sent to Noah from the various families. The ONLY humans in the ark are Noah and His family. The only other flesh are the animals. You are simply taking what you want from the text that you can use to support your nonsense and discarding the rest. That is what ungodly false teachers do. They cut and paste the Bible and only take parts of it and twist it to fit their agenda. And that is what you are doing.

Perhaps this will help....

Ecclesiastes 3:17-21 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

NO, that doesn't help. He uses the word "beast" in verse 18 to denote fallen wicked men. It is metaphor. There is no material connection between this and the text in Genesis. In Genesis, the word beasts refers to literal animals, not people. So no, you are still out in left field with your bizarre teachings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

sigh.......

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Whitestone correct me if i'm wrong but you seem to be trying to provide a way for the sons of God spoken about in Genesis to reappear after the flood,as in Og the giant and Goliath the giant.If so the same way they were born in Genesis, would explain how they were born after the flood,better than the stuff you are putting forth .The Bible says that only 8 people survived the flood,we as Christians have to go with what is written. I believe the Nephilim were a cross between fallen angles and the daughters of man as the bible says.Could that happen again probably yes,the Bible dosen't say .

....what do you then see?

Genesis still does not state other humans were with Noah and his family. You are reasoning like the atheists and agnostics. Because you think something couldn't happen the way the Bible clearly states it happened, you have to make up your own scenarios to fit some odd doctrine you ascribe to.

And you still didn't answer the question as to why other humans were allowed into the ark - by whatever name or label you would call them.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I've just deleted some incredibly racist material. Please do not repost it.

Guest shiloh357

Whitestone correct me if i'm wrong but you seem to be trying to provide a way for the sons of God spoken about in Genesis to reappear after the flood,as in Og the giant and Goliath the giant.If so the same way they were born in Genesis, would explain how they were born after the flood,better than the stuff you are putting forth .

Enoch, the "stuff" I am "putting forth" is Scripture and it is necessary for me to correct you for...you are wrong in your understanding on this point.

Sons of God refer to angels while the giants were the results of the evil they did before the flood...which they did again after the flood.

Genesis 6:2,4That the
sons of God
saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. (4) There were giants in the earth in those days;
and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men
, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Jude 6
And
the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation
, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The Bible says that only 8 people survived the flood,we as Christians have to go with what is written. I believe the Nephilim were a cross between fallen angles and the daughters of man as the bible says.Could that happen again probably yes,the Bible dosen't say .

We always "go with what is written" but must understand...what is written. Does the "Bible say that only eight people survived the flood?"

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah,
while the ark was a preparing
, wherein few, that is,
eight souls were saved by water

What I see is that eight souls were saved...not eight people and...they were saved while the "ark was a preparing," not once the floods came.

Which is exactly why no one is accpeting the trash you are posting. You don't know how to handle the Scriptures and have very errant theology.

Guest shiloh357
I answered as well as I could for it isn't written. As Noah was chosen because he was "perfect in his generations," (not mixed with fallen angels) then I surmise that the other males and females that were chosen were also "perfect in their generations" to begin again after the flood. They were as when created on the sixth day.....when IT WAS VERY GOOD.

That is talking about Adam and Eve. They were created on the sixth day. There were no other males and females that were chosen to be on the ark. You are adding to word of God.

And you still didn't answer the question as to why other humans were allowed into the ark - by whatever name or label you would call them.

I did answer...I wrote, "I surmise that the other males and females that were chosen were also "perfect in their generations" to begin again after the flood."

Your assertion does not connect with Scripture, though:

Gen. 6

7 And the LORD said , I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. 9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die . 18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Gen. 7

1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. 2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens , the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. 3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens , the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth. 4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. 5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him. 6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. 7 And Noah went in , and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. 8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, 9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

Why would Scripture mention only Noah as being chosen if there were others? And why would it not be clear had there been other people aboard?

Before you said "beasts" could be people, but that doesn't jive with them being "perfect in their generation."