IGNORED

ramadan?

jasoncran

This is what happens to members of armies of occupation. Members of the localpopulation will resist occupation. This has nothing to do with frustrated fasters or indeed the religion of the resistors

Are you nuts? An army of occupation? We may have invaded to topple the sinister rulers who were giving santuary to OBL, but we were asked to stay by the "lagitimatly" elected government to distroy the Taliban. I don't think we should be there any more, not one more day. As soon as we leave, the Taliban will return to power and many American soldiers will have died for an unachievable goal because of their corrupt government. But we are not occupiers. Grow up!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

They've already died for that unachievable goal and will continue to do so until withdrawn. And if an unwanted foreign armytrting to control a local population isn't an occupying force, I don't know what is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

actually, if you got to know them they do want us to leave. its the arabs and chechyians that fights us. the taliban arent native to afghanistan but pakistani trained invaders that are pashto.

its the nuts in the mix. so the federal goverment taxes me and takes and forces me to pay and do things for them is an occupier if so i have got some killing er i mean defending to do. i dont want obamacare, i dont want more goverment.

newflash, hamid karzai and most of the members were voted in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Airstrikes for a start don't discriminate between civillians and non-civillians. As to freeing people well the Karzai government is corrupt has limited control beyond Kabulans is, with support from Britain and the US seeking to do a deal with the Taliban

That is usually how new governments are formed after war, amor. Whether it will work with rabid barbarians like the Taliban remains to be seen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

well then armor , kindly write the german goverment and remind that using form nazi soldiers in their army during the cold war was immoral.kinda hard to train troops and lead them if you dont have any expericience and its not like the former nazis werent vetted and didnt agree to give up their old ways.

i met a former viermacht(sp) soldier here and he was an american citizen who also served in korea. he had the german tatoos and i noticed and asked him if he was a renactor and he told me he was with the viermacht.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is what happens to members of armies of occupation. Members of the localpopulation will resist occupation. This has nothing to do with frustrated fasters or indeed the religion of the resistors

I have to agree in part with what you say here. If it were my country I would be fighting the invaders as well, like the French resistance did, and they were mostly Catholic!

And for Jason to say....

we did and we allowe them vote and form their own constution. hardly oprressive. we allowed them to vote and they formed the islamic republic of afghanistan and they based it on sharia law. hmm

We allowed, we allowed? It is their own country man not yours! Your statement is condescending to say the very least!

The statement made many years ago, and the history of Afghanistan, from the British and the Khyber Pass,to the Russians, which says "Afghanistan is the burial ground of nations", is sadly, for those on both sides dying over rock and sand, is as true now as it was then no matter what the religion of the inhabitants.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Politics wanted Bin Laden , you got him.

Now is the time to bring the troops from what ever country home!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

What exacctly do you want me to address? The main point I was making was that people will resist foreign occupation regardless of their religion. One other point I will make is that I see nothing Chistian in the Afghan and Iraqi ventures and no justification for Christians to be involved in them. The belief that the powerful have the right to use force to impose their will on the weak has its roots in the pagan past something reflected in our respect for and neopagan veneration of the military hero. I see no justification in the gospels for involving ourselves in such evil. Islam like paganism and the synchrenistic neopaganism that holds sway in our supposedly Christian nations venerates military might conquest and domination.

They will resist it IF the occupying force came with the intent of conquering them. Did the US go to Afghanistan with that specific aim in mind? No. What do we need Afghanistan for? Not a thing. We were looking for a criminal individual and his Islamic cohorts. We had every right to find this enemy. But now that he's dead, I think we ought to be coming home.

If you can prove we went there to conquer Afghanistan, Amor, then you'd be correct. But you can't. So I suggest that you stop throwing your twenty dollar words around and give us a rest before you make someone really angry.

And we didn't allow them to vote or form a new government. We made it possible for them to vote and form a new government. They formed what they were used to: an Islamic Republic. We can't fault them for that. But...what we CAN fault them for is turning on us when we have helped them. I know what I'd do were I the US President and I doubt you'd like it very much. And I KNOW they wouldn't.

They've already died for that unachievable goal and will continue to do so until withdrawn. And if an unwanted foreign armytrting to control a local population isn't an occupying force, I don't know what is.

I agree. But we are not an occupying force. We are still there at the request of the, albeit corrupt, government. We need to get out now, though.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. But we are not an occupying force. We are still there at the request of the, albeit corrupt, government. We need to get out now, though.

This is sort of a misnomer, the germans were in france at the request of the vichy government too, were they occupying it?