IGNORED

What do guys think about modesty........

Nitish

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is a good topic Nitish. It needs to be discussed. I have a few more thoughts.

Considering that everyone in this world is not a Christian, there's always going to be women dressed provocatively, and men will do what they do. It has to be expected, and even Paul said he battled with his human sinful nature. It's not easy and we're all going to have to find ways to deal with it. I have a very hard time in the warm months because I live in a seaside community. All summer I see girls walking along and going in stores with bathing suit tops on and short shorts. I admit it was harder to cope with this when I was younger, but I'm still not immune. The only thing I can do is expect it, and not keep gazing at the girls dressed that way. But may I tell you when I had a really big problem with this?

About 6 years ago I had joined a church that was supposed to be Born Again with spirit filled believers. The church had a fairly large congregation, I'd guess at least 150 people. To be fair, most of the women where dressed appropriately. But that may have also had to do with their age. However, there were way too many women, I'd say under 40 and under, who came to Sunday church dressed like they were going to a dance club. Low cut blouses, showing cleavage, and skin tight jeans. That bothered me because I wasn't ready for it, nor expecting it. Even once I got to know those women would be dressed that way, try as a did, they took my mind off God. And then I had 2 sins. One was looking at them, and the second was hoping more and more would dress that way.

I think Christian women should always dress modestly, unless it's something she's doing just for her husband. But I realize may Christian women aren't going to dress modestly all the time. My plea is when you go to church, please dress modestly.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/15/1990

I don't know what made God to select Mary as the mother of Jesus among the girls in Israel......... God might have looked down upon all young women in Israel, and wow He found Mary fit to be the mother of Jesus....

I do strggule with my flesh in this area... and I'll be greatful to bro's and sis's who could guide me through this as some of you might have crossed this river and have slained the giant.....

And thanks for the comments........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Of course if he looks like George Clooney all bets are off. :mgbowtie:

Or Brad Pitt! :stong:

Seriously though....

Nitish, men are mostly tempted visually, while a woman's desires are more emotionally driven. You need to retrain your eyes. Easier said than done, I'm sure, but it can be done. Many Christian men I know have mastered it. The trick is to keep your eyes on the woman's face, and if an impure thought enters your mind, never linger on it, squash it immediately.

Remember, God equates lust with adultery, and James 1:15 says, "Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death."

When lust arises, flee to God in prayer.

Hope this helps. :heart:

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

In todays' world some women dress half coverd and some dress modest. There are two separate, types.

Men are visual human beings..and women know it. Yes ,and women want to be noticed by guys...some dress that way because, they think that... that is the only way that they can attact, or get a man. These type of women are insecure about themselves.

I grew up modest and will always be,... in the way I dress and in the way I present myself in public.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

In todays' world some women dress half covered and some dress modest. There are two separate, types.

Men are visual human beings..and women know it. Yes ,and women want to be noticed by guys...some dress that way because, they think that... that is the only way that they can attract, or get a man. These type of women are insecure about themselves.

Guys are built that way by God, our jobs as guys and especially, Christian men is to, as Brother Paul said, bring our bodies under [control -added], we have something pulsing through our bodies that is almost uncontrollable force and God designed it so, the problem comes when we give in to it, but it is a reality. One of the Psalmists, I believe, said, "I have made a covenant with my eyes, that I will not look upon a maid" (hope that is direct quote).

Unfortunately, King David was in a weakened state, he was not at his spiritual prime, so he looked upon Bathsheba bathing on her rooftop..... you know the rest of the story. So, that tells us men that we are to be spiritually attuned to keep our bodies under, a living sacrifice, a sweet smelling savor, well pleasing unto God, and our bodies are the temple of God, or of the Spirit who dwells in our bodies. So, is the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit going to entertain a thought like that, God forbid.

I want to stress again to scantily clad women (talking to those in the world), please dress to please God and your parents. Brother Timothy writes, "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety..." 1 Tim 9a, c

I couldn't find a verse, but isn't the elder women commanded to teach the younger women modesty? Not is a condemnatory way, but as mothers take them aside and inform them of the cards men has been dealt, er, blessed gift God has given to men.. :laughing:

I am uncomfortable addressing this matter, but we are all adult here, and will need to address this to teach the younger boys and girls and sadly, some time adults.

I grew up modest and will always be,... in the way I dress and in the way I present myself in public.

Well, you're from the deep South. for one thing, you are a Southern Belle.

We... both male and female have to... have self control with our way of thinking, as to what our eyes may see.

• Followers:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

To Love Songs: I want to say that if a man's mind isn't in the gutter, then a women who's dressed modestly and dignified, can be very sexy. And without showing a whole lot of skin. Some things I like are dresses or skirts, as opposed to pants. I also like shoes with heels, and they don't have to be spike high heels. I also like fluffy blouses and they need not have low cut neck lines. A woman dressed like that is attractive and sexy, because she gives the appearance of knowing she's attractive and need not look slutty.

To Nitish I have this for you. Now this takes some time to do. It also involves getting our minds out of the gutter. Many Christian men can't understand this, and I've even been yelled at for suggesting this. I consider the man who screamed at me for this to be extremely spiritually immature. But here is what I do, and as I said, I live in a seaside community, and many girls are either going to the beach or just left. But regardless of how a woman is dressed I do this, and I think like this. Apparently God loves beauty and just looking at mountains, trees, or even the ocean proves it. Have you ever marveled at the beauty of a sunset, or a mountain range? Everything God created has beauty to it, although not everyone can appreciate it. I was a photographer when I was younger, and I learned to see beauty in all women because I needed to see it so I could photograph her. Using lighting and camera angles I had to emphasize whatever feature was the best on any woman I had to photograph. And believe me, that to get a picture she was willing to pay me for, I had to keep my mind on what I was doing with her, not what I might have wanted to be doing. And so I learned something. God created beauty in all things, including us. So when I see an exceptionally beautiful woman, I see an act of God. I see her as 1 of God's crowning achievements of beauty. I usually even tell Him so. I'll tell Him, "you really made her exceptionally beautiful Lord". I don't look at her with an idea in my mind to get her in bed. I admire her beauty the same as I would an awesome sunset. Only a few of the Bible writers saw real angels, but most of them said these being are breathtaking to behold. I think all the beings in heaven will be beautiful. In fact, I think even now we'd all be very beautiful or handsome if sin hadn't entered the creation. Remember, Lucifer was considered the most beautiful angel there was. But his sin made him ugly. I'm not saying a human who is less then great looking is a sinful person. What I'm saying is that if sin hadn't entered the creation all people would be beautiful.

So Nitish, the way to not go crazy looking at a pretty girl is to keep in mind she is 1 of God's creations. Don't think of her as a pleasure machine, who was made to give you sexual pleasure. I can honestly tell you sex without love isn't much fun anyway. That's why sex should only be between a husband and wife, and it's assumed they love each other. That's when it becomes special. If you're not in love with her, you might as well get a blow up doll. A woman is a real person, unique and special. When a man and woman love each other, then the sex is special. The lustful ideas are from satan, and they're as ugly as he is.

Practice doing what I'm saying. Look at a pretty girl as a beautiful creation of God. Put lust thoughts out of your mind. Keep doing this, and someday it will come natural to you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I would agree JTC. the most alluring female I ever saw in my life was wearing a long emerald green silk dress that was split up one side about six inches above the knee. It wasn't low cut but it just flowed when she walked. Nearly drove me crazy all evening......... I've seen this woman with nothing on many times during our 42 years of marriage, and she's one of the most gorgeous things you could ever meet, but wearing nothing couldn't compare to that evening of dancing in that green dress, and yes, everyone noticed.

We all have things that strike our fancy

One doesn't want to get to the point that an occasional flash from the wife doesn't start your motor though.... even in your sixties.

To Love Songs: I want to say that if a man's mind isn't in the gutter, then a women who's dressed modestly and dignified, can be very sexy. And without showing a whole lot of skin. Some things I like are dresses or skirts, as opposed to pants. I also like shoes with heels, and they don't have to be spike high heels. I also like fluffy blouses and they need not have low cut neck lines. A woman dressed like that is attractive and sexy, because she gives the appearance of knowing she's attractive and need not look slutty.

To Nitish I have this for you. Now this takes some time to do. It also involves getting our minds out of the gutter. Many Christian men can't understand this, and I've even been yelled at for suggesting this. I consider the man who screamed at me for this to be extremely spiritually immature. But here is what I do, and as I said, I live in a seaside community, and many girls are either going to the beach or just left. But regardless of how a woman is dressed I do this, and I think like this. Apparently God loves beauty and just looking at mountains, trees, or even the ocean proves it. Have you ever marveled at the beauty of a sunset, or a mountain range? Everything God created has beauty to it, although not everyone can appreciate it. I was a photographer when I was younger, and I learned to see beauty in all women because I needed to see it so I could photograph her. Using lighting and camera angles I had to emphasize whatever feature was the best on any woman I had to photograph. And believe me, that to get a picture she was willing to pay me for, I had to keep my mind on what I was doing with her, not what I might have wanted to be doing. And so I learned something. God created beauty in all things, including us. So when I see an exceptionally beautiful woman, I see an act of God. I see her as 1 of God's crowning achievements of beauty. I usually even tell Him so. I'll tell Him, "you really made her exceptionally beautiful Lord". I don't look at her with an idea in my mind to get her in bed. I admire her beauty the same as I would an awesome sunset. Only a few of the Bible writers saw real angels, but most of them said these being are breathtaking to behold. I think all the beings in heaven will be beautiful. In fact, I think even now we'd all be very beautiful or handsome if sin hadn't entered the creation. Remember, Lucifer was considered the most beautiful angel there was. But his sin made him ugly. I'm not saying a human who is less then great looking is a sinful person. What I'm saying is that if sin hadn't entered the creation all people would be beautiful.

So Nitish, the way to not go crazy looking at a pretty girl is to keep in mind she is 1 of God's creations. Don't think of her as a pleasure machine, who was made to give you sexual pleasure. I can honestly tell you sex without love isn't much fun anyway. That's why sex should only be between a husband and wife, and it's assumed they love each other. That's when it becomes special. If you're not in love with her, you might as well get a blow up doll. A woman is a real person, unique and special. When a man and woman love each other, then the sex is special. The lustful ideas are from satan, and they're as ugly as he is.

Practice doing what I'm saying. Look at a pretty girl as a beautiful creation of God. Put lust thoughts out of your mind. Keep doing this, and someday it will come natural to you.

Read my other post... you guys.

We both ...male and female need to practice self control.

If I were to see a guy with no shirt and just jersey shorts on, mowing his lawn... I turn my head the other way. Just as simple as that .

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I would agree JTC. the most alluring female I ever saw in my life was wearing a long emerald green silk dress that was split up one side about six inches above the knee. It wasn't low cut but it just flowed when she walked. Nearly drove me crazy all evening......... I've seen this woman with nothing on many times during our 42 years of marriage, and she's one of the most gorgeous things you could ever meet, but wearing nothing couldn't compare to that evening of dancing in that green dress, and yes, everyone noticed.

We all have things that strike our fancy

One doesn't want to get to the point that an occasional flash from the wife doesn't start your motor though.... even in your sixties.

What a wonderful thing to relate about your wife; she is one lucky woman, O.O. :mgbowtie: