• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Amazing that one doesn't equate what we do with what we believe. God made a covenant with us based upon what we believe which is evidenced in what we do. No different than his covenant with Israel in that manner. God fully expects us to walk in his ways.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The foundations are being eroded by humanism. I wrote in a former post about the Humanist Manifesto 2 and how its tenets are being incorporated into national laws around the globe a little at a time. Do we think for an instant that some of the things now being bandied about in American jurisprudence just up and happened? Did America just one day wake up and decide to abort billions of future offspring, legalize Sodomitism, mollycoddle criminals, mis-educate our children and do all the other things that we as a nation have done? The foundations of our country have been eroded a little at a time for years by the spiritual termites of humanism.

The false prophets have come from our own churches as well as the ranks of the godless. We are the last Christian nation and we hang by a thread. There are still a number of people in America who cling to Christ and I am convinced that it is that remnant that keeps us afloat, even though we're taking on water and listing badly.

We're already under what appears to be a national judgment, and in Scripture, whenever that happens, it is a demand from God for national repentance. And if that national repentance doesn't take place, the next step is usually an invasion or other destruction from a foreign power.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Amazing that one doesn't equate what we do with what we believe. God made a covenant with us based upon what we believe which is evidenced in what we do. No different than his covenant with Israel in that manner. God fully expects us to walk in his ways.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Hmmm...and imagine, all they received, did, went through, everything...for our example...and still people think they would not have

acted the same....even though Paul states what he does in the NT regarding their covenant with God....

What you believe will govern how you act, so, if you tell others how to act and yet are no better, then what do you believe? Huh...

sounds very similar to what Paul also said....

Just agreeing with you...

The foundations are being eroded by humanism. I wrote in a former post about the Humanist Manifesto 2 and how its tenets are being incorporated into national laws around the globe a little at a time. Do we think for an instant that some of the things now being bandied about in American jurisprudence just up and happened? Did America just one day wake up and decide to abort billions of future offspring, legalize Sodomitism, mollycoddle criminals, mis-educate our children and do all the other things that we as a nation have done? The foundations of our country have been eroded a little at a time for years by the spiritual termites of humanism.

The false prophets have come from our own churches as well as the ranks of the godless. We are the last Christian nation and we hang by a thread. There are still a number of people in America who cling to Christ and I am convinced that it is that remnant that keeps us afloat, even though we're taking on water and listing badly.

We're already under what appears to be a national judgment, and in Scripture, whenever that happens, it is a demand from God for national repentance. And if that national repentance doesn't take place, the next step is usually an invasion or other destruction from a foreign power.

No dear, y'all are most certainly NOT the last Christian nation. If you think the US is a Christian nation, then you should know that you have

alot of company. On the other hand, if you think you are better than the rest of the world? I would suggest, nicely of course, that you take

a round trip....round the world.

Without prejudice

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Hmmm...and imagine, all they received, did, went through, everything...for our example...and still people think they would not have

acted the same....even though Paul states what he does in the NT regarding their covenant with God....

What you believe will govern how you act, so, if you tell others how to act and yet are no better, then what do you believe? Huh...

sounds very similar to what Paul also said....

Just agreeing with you...

Sevenseas, you have a way with words....one I have to work to become accustomed too :)

Gary

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

No dear, y'all are most certainly NOT the last Christian nation. If you think the US is a Christian nation, then you should know that you have

alot of company. On the other hand, if you think you are better than the rest of the world? I would suggest, nicely of course, that you take

Without prejudice

I don't see any "Christian nations" out there right now. I see nations with Christians in them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

All I know, not being the scholarly type, yet...Hahaha...And maybe never will...Is that I heard this-this morning...The alikeness between the USA and Israel is this: God Chose Israel...We (meaning the USA) Chose God...(In Our Foundations)...I know that not all the founding fathers of our country were Christian but we were founded on Godly Principles...I believe that...

Love ya'll and need you too...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

All I know, not being the scholarly type, yet...Hahaha...And maybe never will...Is that I heard this-this morning...The alikeness between the USA and Israel is this: God Chose Israel...We (meaning the USA) Chose God...(In Our Foundations)...I know that not all the founding fathers of our country were Christian but we were founded on Godly Principles...I believe that...

Love ya'll and need you too...

I don't directly disagree that a lot of the founding laws and principles of this nation were absolutely Christian in origin. However, that was 235 years ago. Whatever we were then is long, long gone. Millions of unborn innocent babies are aborted yearly, Children are chastised publicly and punished for praying and professing the name of Jesus Christ, homosexuals have blanket rights, up to and including marriage to each other in some places, and our society as a whole is in a state of moral decay. It saddens me to see these things, but the truth is the truth. We have a major party that controls the executive branch of our government with a party platform that is detestable. Things just are how they are. This is very much so not a Christian nation. This is a nation with Christians in it.

Sevenseas, you have a way with words....one I have to work to become accustomed too :)

Gary

The problem may be that I grew up hearing three languages and I think my syntax may be off LOL!

But I am happy to clarify any time Gary...especially since you remain (relatively) calm..and you know I can get a fire started ;)

Without prejudice

I don't see any "Christian nations" out there right now. I see nations with Christians in them.

That is also my perspective. Yes.