Guest Called

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Thanks Called, very good study,this is something we all need to hear!

Did you ever hear of people who think that they are so humble and are proud at their humbleness?

Angels

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

Unless you have accepted this grace unto yourself - and I mean truly received and truly believed - you cannot really return it to others.

Neb could you explain this a little further?? PM me if you need to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is how I began learning the concept:

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

If you don't love yourself - how will you be treating your neighbor?

Another way to see it:

You are a conduit of God's grace - that is, you act as a channel, where God's grace pours into and through you. Now, what if that channel is blocked? Or what if there are areas in your life where God's grace is not penetrating?

Can you give grace to another where you have not received it yourself?

Soes that make more sense?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

yes it does. and yikes :cool:

How do you make yourself open? How do you love yourself.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

yes it does. and yikes :cool:

Tis a difficult task for some sister. I had this same problem myself. It's about seeing yourself through Jesus' eyes. He would have still gone to the cross had you been the only person to walk the earth. He loves you that much so you must be worth it all. Consider Psalm 139:

Psalm 139

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

God doesn't make garbage. These verses say that He formed us and made us wonderful. Why should we think of ourselves as anything less than what He thinks of us?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

yes it does. and yikes 

Tis a difficult task for some sister. I had this same problem myself. It's about seeing yourself through Jesus' eyes. He would have still gone to the cross had you been the only person to walk the earth. He loves you that much so you must be worth it all. Consider Psalm 139:

Psalm 139

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

God doesn't make garbage. These verses say that He formed us and made us wonderful. Why

should we think of ourselves as anything less than what He thinks of us?

Thanks LivinForHisGlory, what a wonderful insight, not seeing ourselves through our eyes but how Jesus sees us.

Psalm 139 is one of my favourite Psalms. So powerful as it describes Gods great love us.

Shazza

Next I want to look at the desires of a proud person compared to a broken person paying special attention to servanthood. Please bear with me, as I am going to be using alot of scripture on this. The Word speaks for itself here.

Proud People

-Desire to be served

-Desire to be a success

-Desire self advancement

Broken People

-Motivated to serve others

-Motivated to be faithful and to make others a success

-Desire to promote others

Mark 10:42-45

42 Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Mark 9:35

35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

John 13:12-15

12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13 "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

1 Corinthians 10:24

24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.

Philippians 2:3-8

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

Proud people put their own needs ahead of others. They demand to be served, they demand to be promoted for that job, they demand what they want, when they want it. Their desire is to be successful and whether or not they step on someone to get there is meaningless to them. It is all about them. It is all about how they look. They want to feel successful in the eyes of the world. They say, "look at me, look at me", I am this and I am that. You should serve me because I have a college degree, you should serve me because I am beautiful, you should serve me because I can say all the right things. I am sure we have all seen people like this whether in the workplace or in church.

God tells us that we are to behave differently. We are to make others a success, we are to put others ahead of ourselves. That is an easy thing to say, but a hard thing to put into practice. Our flesh wants to demand our own way, but God says surrender your own way so that others may be lifted up. Don't stick your own foot out to be washed, but get on your knees and wash the feet of others. Be joyful when others succeed. Cheer them on. Love them and desire to see them successful, even if it means that you are overlooked. Think of others interests before your own.

This is a hard lesson to learn, but as God begins to break down the walls of pride in your life you will begin to notice that it becomes natural for you to put others first. Pray that all the walls of pride can be torn down in your life so that you may be a blessing to others and be able to serve others, not out of selfish ambition but because you have the mind of Christ and desire above all to serve Him. :cool:

God Bless,

Debbie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks for everybody's insight...

Yes, I have know people who acted "so humble" that they were proud! False?

Guest shiloh357
God tells us that we are to behave differently. We are to make others a success, we are to put others ahead of ourselves. That is an easy thing to say, but a hard thing to put into practice. Our flesh wants to demand our own way, but God says surrender your own way so that others may be lifted up. Don't stick your own foot out to be washed, but get on your knees and wash the feet of others. Be joyful when others succeed. Cheer them on. Love them and desire to see them successful, even if it means that you are overlooked. Think of others interests before your own.

Wow!! This paragraph reveals the epitome of true biblical love! Love is a servant. Love is always broken before the Lord, and is the polar opposite of pride. Good stuff! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

What a wonderful thread :il:

Beth there is a parable in the bible that i would like you to ponder in your heart.

Luke 7

36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee's house, and sat down to eat. 37And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."

40And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you."

So he said, "Teacher, say it."

41"There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?"

43Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more."

And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." 44Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." 48Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

Beth when we come to the true realization that we are forgiven much through The Messiah Jesus, it gives us the power to love and forgive others who are just as faulty as us. It gives us power to love even our enemies. Love is the greatest fruit that comes from truly accepting and believing that one is saved through Jesus. Love. hope and faith.

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Yes Beth Love is the greatest :hug:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days