• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Christians know that God will do right even by those who have never ever even heard of Him! or any other name associated with and to God.

God has revealed His method of dealing with these people even those who have never heard the gospel.

"When Gentiles who do not possess the law carry out its precepts ... (t)heir conscience is called as witness, and their own thoughts argue the case on either side, against them or even for them, on the day when God judges the secrets of human hearts.... So my gospel declares." (Romans 2:14-16).

In this instance it would seem, according to Paul, God does not always judge based on faith in Christ alone, but presumably on whether Gentiles are good people (that is, whether aware of it or not, they carry out the precepts of the Jewish law). Based on this approach atheists could also attain a favourable judgement. Thank you Hazard for pointing this out.

This is why picking out one verse and trying to make it fit our argument does not work....

Rom 2:9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek,

Rom 2:10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek.

Rom 2:11 For God shows no partiality.

Rom 2:12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Rom 2:13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

Rom 2:14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Rom 2:15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them

Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

Celsius either you do not understand the verse's or you are being duplicitous.

Picking apart bible verses, without taking the intent and source into account is never a good idea.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Picking apart bible verses, without taking the intent and source into account is never a good idea.

Given that Celsius is not a believer, I venture that he does not have understanding.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

um i almost did line #2. sorry but i was heading there.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/10/1989

Jesus wouldn't have turned them away. If they're being respectful, we shouldn't either.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, sorry for butting in, most of the stuff that matter have been mentioned already as I see it.

I just wonder if anyone else kinda realized that arguing "homosexuality" is strange?

I mean, that term wasn't really even invented yet in biblical times but in the A.D. like a few hundred years prior today.

So the orientation defenition of homosexuality, if we objectively look at the Bible, was never adressed.

What the Bible speaks against are simply sexual misconducts that apply to all orientations.

In short, lustful thought and contact with anyone who is not your spouse.

So the issue moves onto, what then should be allowed for marriage.

Far as I can see it, same issue as the divorce verse where Jesus talks about it.

In the end, I think most people get into these arguments and kinda not notice all the other issues that matter more, the poor and needy.

Peace Ya.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Christians know that God will do right even by those who have never ever even heard of Him! or any other name associated with and to God.

God has revealed His method of dealing with these people even those who have never heard the gospel.

"When Gentiles who do not possess the law carry out its precepts ... (t)heir conscience is called as witness, and their own thoughts argue the case on either side, against them or even for them, on the day when God judges the secrets of human hearts.... So my gospel declares." (Romans 2:14-16).

In this instance it would seem, according to Paul, God does not always judge based on faith in Christ alone, but presumably on whether Gentiles are good people (that is, whether aware of it or not, they carry out the precepts of the Jewish law). Based on this approach atheists could also attain a favourable judgement. Thank you Hazard for pointing this out.

This is why picking out one verse and trying to make it fit our argument does not work....

Rom 2:9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek,

Rom 2:10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek.

Rom 2:11 For God shows no partiality.

Rom 2:12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Rom 2:13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.

Rom 2:14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Rom 2:15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them

Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

i think most of what celsius said is true about those who dont have gods laws getting a good "report" from god on the day of judgement.

on the day of judgement their conscience will either accuse them or excuse them.

Interesting!! I have asked the same question myself on another forum but directed to atheist and the basic or general answer is that's its a forum where one can freely express their opinion. It's not a religious forum but a secular one that has a religious section for religious discussions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

We must treat unbelievers kindly. Remember, we were all unbelievers once.

Jesus avoided those who were hostile to His message......He even refused to heal a man in one city but took the man outside the city then healed him. Jesus said do not cast your pearls before swine.....in other words do not waste your time with them because they will not appreciate the value of what you have to say

Tell Believers Not To Spread The Good News

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

They Might Even Waste Your Time

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

Who Would Dare To Say

hath god said Genesis 3:1©

Such A Thing

~

Jesus avoided those who were hostile to His message......He even refused to heal a man in one city but took the man outside the city then healed him. Jesus said do not cast your pearls before swine.....in other words do not waste your time with them because they will not appreciate the value of what you have to say....

Did

And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. John 2:13-17

He

Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me. Matthew 26:45-46