IGNORED

Why do we tolerate self confessed non-believers? Why do they even come

HAZARD

Did

And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. John 2:13-17

He

Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me. Matthew 26:45-46

Yes, He did. And those scriptures that you post does not say otherwise. Did Jesus hang out with the Pharisees? Don't you notice that every time Jesus spoke to them it was they who initiated the conversation?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, He did. And those scriptures that you post does not say otherwise. Did Jesus hang out with the Pharisees? Don't you notice that every time Jesus spoke to them it was they who initiated the conversation?

The problem is, the Pharisees claim to be true followers of God where those who claim to of been a Christian and turned away, do not.

The problem is, the Pharisees claim to be true followers of God where those who claim to of been a Christian and turned away, do not.

I don't see your point but the point that I was making is that Jesus did not forced Himself and what He had to say on those who rejected Him...He never tried to convert them or do the things that I see so many "Christians" do in their attempt to get unbelievers to believe/repent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't see your point but the point that I was making is that Jesus did not forced Himself and what He had to say on those who rejected Him...He never tried to convert them or do the things that I see so many "Christians" do in their attempt to get unbelievers to believe/repent.

The point is, you are addressing this thread, which questions why do we tolerate those who claim to of been Christians, but turned from God. Your statement was likening them to the Pharisees, which you cannot for the reasons I stated. In Mark 2:7, we read “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Those who are not sick are those who believe they are following God, as the Pharisees did. Those who are sick are those who do not understand God or know Him.

You are correct, Jesus never forced Himself on anyone. I don't see anyone here forcing anyone else to believe in Him, but they will speak the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus avoided those who were hostile to His message......He even refused to heal a man in one city but took the man outside the city then healed him. Jesus said do not cast your pearls before swine.....in other words do not waste your time with them because they will not appreciate the value of what you have to say

Bazz, I hope you are not referring to the non believers here as swine, because if you are, shame on you.

I've been here for a long time and seen many many people come and go, and some of them have been non believers...... and some of those non believers stayed here for quite some time, and some of them came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ on this board. They had been people that we had conversations with for long times. I don't think you can understand the answer to the OP's question without being here for a long time and actually interface with people and get to know the personalities that they present here.

I wasn't going to post until you put this in the thread for I do disagree with what I perceive you have written.

The point is, you are addressing this thread, which questions why do we tolerate those who claim to of been Christians, but turned from God. Your statement was likening them to the Pharisees, which you cannot for the reasons I stated. In Mark 2:7, we read “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Those who are not sick are those who believe they are following God, as the Pharisees did. Those who are sick are those who do not understand God or know Him.

You are correct, Jesus never forced Himself on anyone. I don't see anyone here forcing anyone else to believe in Him, but they will speak the truth.

When one engage in with people who are clearly hostile to the Bible whether they were "Christians" or not you are indeed forcing yourself on them.

'HisG'

TBH, I think it's "out of their hands" why they come here : )

There's a greater purpose for them being here -

Isaiah 55 v 11: So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (KJB Cambridge Edition)

GoldenEagle

I agree God’s word doesn’t return to Himself void. We are His messengers. It’s up to God through the Holy Spirit to grow the see of the Gospel and restore people to Himself. That is a very freeing thought. Do you agree?

HisG: It is freeing but I am responsible for every word, I say/write - and like folk may have noticed already - sometimes I write first then think last...: )

I have an enormous amount to learn as a follower of Jesus.

Jesus avoided those who were hostile to His message......He even refused to heal a man in one city but took the man outside the city then healed him. Jesus said do not cast your pearls before swine.....in other words do not waste your time with them because they will not appreciate the value of what you have to say

Bazz, I hope you are not referring to the non believers here as swine, because if you are, shame on you.

I've been here for a long time and seen many many people come and go, and some of them have been non believers...... and some of those non believers stayed here for quite some time, and some of them came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ on this board. They had been people that we had conversations with for long times. I don't think you can understand the answer to the OP's question without being here for a long time and actually interface with people and get to know the personalities that they present here.

I wasn't going to post until you put this in the thread for I do disagree with what I perceive you have written.

It was Jesus who used the word dogs and swine to describe people who were or will be hostile to the gospel and He even called the Pharisees children of Satan. John also used the word dogs as well.

Matthew 7:6 (ASV)

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before the swine, lest haply they trample them under their feet, and turn and rend you.

John 8:44 (NASB77)

44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies.

Revelation 22:15 (GW)

15 Outside are dogs, sorcerers, sexual sinners, murderers, idolaters, and all who lie in what they say and what they do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It was Jesus who used the word dogs and swine to describe people who were or will be hostile to the gospel and He even called the Pharisees children of Satan. John also used the word dogs as well.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before the swine, lest haply they trample them under their feet, and turn and rend you.

44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies.

15 Outside are dogs, sorcerers, sexual sinners, murderers, idolaters, and all who lie in what they say and what they do.

You need to read the purpose of this place Bazz, for it's sorcerers, sexual sinners, murders, idolaters, and all who lie in what they say that need to hear the gospel and see and hear the errors of their ways..... and they can't do that if we treat them badly, call them names and run them off.

All my life I've seen people beat sinners up with scripture as you are here and turn them away from the gospel of forgiveness, and I'm not comfortable with those who do such.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/10/1989

You need to read the purpose of this place Bazz, for it's sorcerers, sexual sinners, murders, idolaters, and all who lie in what they say that need to hear the gospel and see and hear the errors of their ways..... and they can't do that if we treat them badly, call them names and run them off.

All my life I've seen people beat sinners up with scripture as you are here and turn them away from the gospel of forgiveness, and I'm not comfortable with those who do such.

I second that