IGNORED

No one replies on topics I have created.

TomB_2012

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Because of this post I was prompted to go and read all 11 of your posts to understand why I have not responded to anything you have written. Upon reading them, I found that you posted 1 that was of interest and that was your recent enrollment in college. I do not have interest in gaming nor sports as I see both as a waste of time considering that I am working to do that with my life that Jesus, as I understand him, would do with his in my place. The fact that you are new has little to nothing to do with not replying to posts you make. You posted about recently receiving a NLT translation in a thread that has a topic that usually goes bad and I chose deliberately not to get involved much in the thread.

That said, I would like to encourage you to think about something for a moment. This thread is centered around you and how your being affected by what you perceive to be the lack of attention you are receiving here on the boards. My whole life has been lived this way, looking at myself and how the things/people in the world affect me, until I began to understand that I needed to see what I could bring to the world rather than what I can get out of it. If these things bother you, then I plead with you to go to our Father in heaven and ask him to help you be confirmed more to his image so that you will be less self-involved and more other centered. Please understand, I am not condemning you or putting you down but rather seeing in you the person I was before Gods grace changed me. I remember what it was like to be in your shoes and hope that you can one day see it as I do now because it is beautiful from my new perspective.

If you would like to start a PM with me and chat back and forth about the things of God and living as a Christian who is seeking to know and be known of God, I would be happy to entertain conversation with you and give you all I can to help you grow in Gods grace as it is the grace of God that replaces the self centered thought life with thoughts of your fellows and him.

Grace and Peace unto you,

Gary

I have been a Christian for almost a year. And I see several other threads being replied to and only 3 of mine have been replied to. No matter if I am new or not, everyone's threads should at least be looked at.

I am a regular user of christianchat.com. I have been a member since March this year. You start as a Junior Member. When you reach 30 posts, you become a Member. Once you reach 100 posts, you become a Senior Member. I recently became a Senior Member on the site. Many of my threads and posts have been replied to there. So I am wondering why that isn't happening here on WCF.

Well, I can't answer that for you without going and doing the footwork to read your posts over there. I don't have the time to do such but simply encourage you to see what you can bring to the table here and continue posting.

Gary

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

when I come on the board in the early morning, finding "topics since you las posted" gets screwed up with the pre-programmed board maintenance that shuts the board down for a little while. It's annoying.

I so know what you mean jade.

Oops - Identity theft!

I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emot-fail: nebula forgive me.

I need more tea.. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No problem, ncn! ((hugs))

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi! Nice to see you here :th_wave:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am pretty new here too, so I have not yet seen, all the topics, and there are many. You need to realize, many people may have jobs,or studies that take up most of they're time, then church on Sunday, family,etc. Then each one , may have some topic they have started, this would be the priority, to check the topic one has started, reply to any replys,perhaps update it, etc. thus leaving very little time to go looking around at new topics.

I have been a Christian for almost a year. And I see several other threads being replied to and only 3 of mine have been replied to. No matter if I am new or not, everyone's threads should at least be looked at.

This would be a very difficult task, for most people, there are a lot of threads, Let me ask ,Do you, actually look at and read, and perhaps respond to every one else's threads ? It works 2 ways.

It is great that you have been a "Christian" for a year, but ,and please don't get me wrong, I truely am saying this to try to help you,

and hope God gives you the wisdom to understand what I am trying to say.

A 1 year old baby, can not hardly even talk yet, the baby that learns the fastest, is the one that LISTENS, to the adults, and older kids,talking, then when it can talk, it is ready to start telling them what it wants,..

I think you would gain more, by reading threads, and asking questions, in topics that are all ready established, I think, you will find you get a lot more responses, when you are making a post/reply in a existing topic,..especially some of the current ,active topics.

Ok well anyway, God bless you, and hope you get more attention,..I know, as a father, and also grandfather, the youngest children, do often need the most attention, in fact our most recently born grandaughter is usually the "center" of attention,...

from Garry

Edit: I just now see we have 2 Gary's, me GARRY, and GARY, since Gary, has been here much longer then me I am going to change my username, and edit my signature,..so it will be easier to see the difference.

Edited by GarryRicketson

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I have only been here for under a week, but I have noticed that no one replies to topics that I've started. This is my 11th post. About 3 or 4 of them are topics that I've started. To my knowledge, only 1 topic of mine has received a reply. That topic is where I introduced myself to WCF.

Why is that? Are my topics not interesting? Do you ignore posts from new members? I don't get it.

Tom B., I've been a member here for six years and I can honestly say I've posted HUNDREDS of topics and many of them received little or no responses. You can't take it personally because so many of us post at work or at school and there's just so much time in a day. Just continue to post and you will see what I mean. The topics that receive the most responses are the ones on politics and faith. Also the conspiracy theory threads get a LOT of traffic. Just post to topics that interest you and be assured that no one here ignores new posters, okay? :lightbulb2:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/28/1996

Because of this post I was prompted to go and read all 11 of your posts to understand why I have not responded to anything you have written. Upon reading them, I found that you posted 1 that was of interest and that was your recent enrollment in college. I do not have interest in gaming nor sports as I see both as a waste of time considering that I am working to do that with my life that Jesus, as I understand him, would do with his in my place. The fact that you are new has little to nothing to do with not replying to posts you make. You posted about recently receiving a NLT translation in a thread that has a topic that usually goes bad and I chose deliberately not to get involved much in the thread.

That said, I would like to encourage you to think about something for a moment. This thread is centered around you and how your being affected by what you perceive to be the lack of attention you are receiving here on the boards. My whole life has been lived this way, looking at myself and how the things/people in the world affect me, until I began to understand that I needed to see what I could bring to the world rather than what I can get out of it. If these things bother you, then I plead with you to go to our Father in heaven and ask him to help you be confirmed more to his image so that you will be less self-involved and more other centered. Please understand, I am not condemning you or putting you down but rather seeing in you the person I was before Gods grace changed me. I remember what it was like to be in your shoes and hope that you can one day see it as I do now because it is beautiful from my new perspective.

If you would like to start a PM with me and chat back and forth about the things of God and living as a Christian who is seeking to know and be known of God, I would be happy to entertain conversation with you and give you all I can to help you grow in Gods grace as it is the grace of God that replaces the self centered thought life with thoughts of your fellows and him.

Grace and Peace unto you,

Gary

I am a regular user of christianchat.com. I have been a member since March this year. You start as a Junior Member. When you reach 30 posts, you become a Member. Once you reach 100 posts, you become a Senior Member. I recently became a Senior Member on the site. Many of my threads and posts have been replied to there. So I am wondering why that isn't happening here on WCF.

Well, I can't answer that for you without going and doing the footwork to read your posts over there. I don't have the time to do such but simply encourage you to see what you can bring to the table here and continue posting.

Gary

Try signing into CC for a day. Have a look around. Look for my threads and posts! I'm not hard to find.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/28/1996

I have only been here for under a week, but I have noticed that no one replies to topics that I've started. This is my 11th post. About 3 or 4 of them are topics that I've started. To my knowledge, only 1 topic of mine has received a reply. That topic is where I introduced myself to WCF.

Why is that? Are my topics not interesting? Do you ignore posts from new members? I don't get it.

I am not sure why that is? I usually just scan what is in the threads, and if something pops up that looks interesting, I read it and decide if there is anything to add? Sometimes the OP is something I agree with, so I just leave it be because there is nothing to add? Sometimes it is not something I have time to get into? I will take a few minutes to see what you have been posting and get back to you.

To be honest, most threads aren't really that interesting here. Someone start a thread about Catholicism not being Christian and I will happily debate it with you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

To be honest, most threads aren't really that interesting here. Someone start a thread about Catholicism not being Christian and I will happily debate it with you.

The thing is that not all posts are going to be interesting to everyone. If you saw a post that you had no interest in or knowledge about would you post in it simply because it had no replies!

I have had threads here that have had very few replies - sometimes it does feel a bit like *ouch* people are ignoring me and not replying because it is my post.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I am an avid rock climber, but when I started a thread about rock climbing, it was dead in the water. People discuss what interests them, not because someone started a thread. Ask a question about scripture and see what happens. Just about everyone here likes discussing scripture.

I would not take no reply's personal.