• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

has anyone ever done this? what do you think of this? i would not be surprised to have replies from people on both sides of the fence.

~ fairmaiden

I have never, never, played around with it. I do not "think" of this...I know of this, having known a few Wicca type people. Salt can be used in their beliefs to ward off bad spirit, plus other things. NOT Recommended, by me..for the Holy Spirit with-in me and Jesus are the only Forces I need.... Most of this mumboojumbo come from people that get carried away on things that they can not explain. Salt, does have healing properties it and has been used for years to heal wounds and minor sores. We all need salt in our system to live, but , people tend to twist things around and the use of salt to protect, is a from of witch craft, used in the ways that you are talking about. I recommend Trusting in Jesus, and watching your child she could be coming down with a cold.

ArmorofGod.gif

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Isaiah 58:6

Is this not the fast that I have chosen:

To loose the bonds of wickedness,

To undo the heavy burdens,

To let the oppressed go free,

And that you break every yoke?

Read the whole chapter for starts.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

so i have a 10 month old baby girl. the past couple of months she's been crying a lot at night and waking up in a cold sweat. i didn't know if it was her teeth bugging her or a cold coming on - i didn't put much thought into it, but it troubled my husband a little bit. on one particular night, our daughter was waking and crying nearly every hour, all night long.

in the morning, my husband said he had a hunch and to trust him on this one. he sprinkled sea salt on the inside of her window sill and all around her crib on the floor. he thought that someone or something was bothering her.

that night, for the first night in at least a couple of months, our daughter slept hard and long! she woke only one time for a quick feeding and was back to bed. i thought it might be a fluke thing so we waited to see what would happen the next night. again, the next night she slept soooo soundly! not one little peep aside from the one feeding. she also slept in and when she did wake up, it wasn't from crying hysterically and she wasn't sweating anymore. she woke up calmly and babbling quietly.

my husband suffered as a child with "the dark side" bugging him, tormenting him as he slept and he did not have any help. it even made him turn to the dark side as a young person until Christ saved him later in life.

this sprinkling of salt, in my opinion just serves as a protective barrier against forces we cannot see. it's like chicken soup when you have a cold. i am thankful that my husband thought to do this and that it worked for our daughter. we are all sleeping peacefully now. she did not have to suffer long with whatever or whoever was bothering her.

has anyone ever done this? what do you think of this? i would not be surprised to have replies from people on both sides of the fence.

~ fairmaiden

Grace to you,

I'm not sure why your husband would revert to his days in the dark side to protect from the dark side. A kingdom divided will not stand and satan will not work to throw out satan. Whatever this was is likely playing games with you. I wouldn't mess with it like that.

Why not merely plead the precious and powerful Blood of our Lord and Savior and cast out whatever was bothering the child?

Afterall, every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. He has put to shame the principalities and spiritual powers that rule in dark and high places. He has defeated them and reigns over them.

Eph 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Col 2:15

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Php 2:9

Therefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Php 2:10

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Php 2:11

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You obviously don't need salt and I don't see anywhere in scripture where the practice your husband employed has any authority or power over demonic forces.

Again, I would ask why your husband felt it neccesary to revert to a past dark practice that he should have left behind?

The mere mention of the name of Jesus from a believer should do the job.

Peace,

Dave

(quote)

Why not merely plead the precious and powerful Blood of our Lord and Savior and cast out whatever was bothering the child?

There is power in the blood of Jesus.

Power in the name of Jesus

Power in His Word

I plead the blood of Jesus over me to protect me....each time I begin ..in my prayer time.

It does help me and I have not felt any demonic hinderance when I pray. When I was first born again christian ... I had at times experience demons

trying to hinder me when I prayed.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my children and Grand-children asking the Lord to protect them.

This is how I clean or rid any demons that may be around in my house.

First I call upon the Lord ...thanking Him.. pray a little to Him.

At times I , leaving a crack in my entrance door so demons have a way to escape.out of my house.

...I go around every room and put my hand on the top of the door ways to the each room with oil...and pleading the blood of Jesus.

and on things ...lightly touch them with oil...also.

Also , commanding each and every foul spirit to get out of my house in the name of Jesus.

They flee !

Then thanking God, Jesus, the Holy spirit...when I am done.

any kind of oil can be used...I use olive oil... and I say a prayer to God over it ...and keep the bottle only just for that purpose.

The head of the house hold that is saved, can go around the house, doing this.

I am divorced so I do it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

the only way i use salt is on my food and in cooking

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have to agree with the question of salt... satan's influence is limited to this world and its components! As he tries to get us

to place our faith in the elements of this world-> however we have been schooled by God's Word that this world and its elements

are passing away and we are to place ourselves in the hope and care of His eternal things! satan may have encouraged you of

your activity by placing your faith on the elements of this world that is passing away but the Godly advice is prayer and Spiritually

placing the Blood of Jesus upon the situation-> for He will be with us forever! Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

so i have a 10 month old baby girl. the past couple of months she's been crying a lot at night and waking up in a cold sweat. i didn't know if it was her teeth bugging her or a cold coming on - i didn't put much thought into it, but it troubled my husband a little bit. on one particular night, our daughter was waking and crying nearly every hour, all night long.

in the morning, my husband said he had a hunch and to trust him on this one. he sprinkled sea salt on the inside of her window sill and all around her crib on the floor. he thought that someone or something was bothering her.

that night, for the first night in at least a couple of months, our daughter slept hard and long! she woke only one time for a quick feeding and was back to bed. i thought it might be a fluke thing so we waited to see what would happen the next night. again, the next night she slept soooo soundly! not one little peep aside from the one feeding. she also slept in and when she did wake up, it wasn't from crying hysterically and she wasn't sweating anymore. she woke up calmly and babbling quietly.

my husband suffered as a child with "the dark side" bugging him, tormenting him as he slept and he did not have any help. it even made him turn to the dark side as a young person until Christ saved him later in life.

this sprinkling of salt, in my opinion just serves as a protective barrier against forces we cannot see. it's like chicken soup when you have a cold. i am thankful that my husband thought to do this and that it worked for our daughter. we are all sleeping peacefully now. she did not have to suffer long with whatever or whoever was bothering her.

~ fairmaiden

Grace to you,

I'm not sure why your husband would revert to his days in the dark side to protect from the dark side. A kingdom divided will not stand and satan will not work to throw out satan. Whatever this was is likely playing games with you. I wouldn't mess with it like that.

Afterall, every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. He has put to shame the principalities and spiritual powers that rule in dark and high places. He has defeated them and reigns over them.

Eph 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Col 2:15

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Php 2:9

Therefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Php 2:10

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Php 2:11

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You obviously don't need salt and I don't see anywhere in scripture where the practice your husband employed has any authority or power over demonic forces.

Again, I would ask why your husband felt it neccesary to revert to a past dark practice that he should have left behind?

The mere mention of the name of Jesus from a believer should do the job.

Peace,

Dave

(quote)

There is power in the blood of Jesus.

Power in the name of Jesus

Power in His Word

I plead the blood of Jesus over me to protect me....each time I begin ..in my prayer time.

It does help me and I have not felt any demonic hinderance when I pray. When I was first born again christian ... I had at times experience demons

trying to hinder me when I prayed.

I plead the blood of Jesus over my children and Grand-children asking the Lord to protect them.

This is how I clean or rid any demons that may be around in my house.

First I call upon the Lord ...thanking Him.. pray a little to Him.

At times I , leaving a crack in my entrance door so demons have a way to escape.out of my house.

...I go around every room and put my hand on the top of the door ways to the each room with oil...and pleading the blood of Jesus.

and on things ...lightly touch them with oil...also.

Also , commanding each and every foul spirit to get out of my house in the name of Jesus.

They flee !

Then thanking God, Jesus, the Holy spirit...when I am done.

any kind of oil can be used...I use olive oil... and I say a prayer to God over it ...and keep the bottle only just for that purpose.

The head of the house hold that is saved, can go around the house, doing this.

I am divorced so I do it.

Jn 20:26

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"

NKJV

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Honestly? And to be perfectly blunt?

Using something like salt, or "holy water" informs me that there is a lack of faith in that Jesus is the only answer.

Prayer is the only answer in this case, (in any case). Faith based prayer that Jesus tells us if "we believe what we pray we will receive"

In His own words Jesus tells us about prayer (and some would also add, fasting), in situations like this.

If He had wanted us to sprinkle salt He would have told us.

So my advice? Pray.

Using something like salt, or "holy water" informs me that there is a lack of faith in that Jesus is the only answer.

I agree, but can anyone explain why this stuff works?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

What, know ye not?

2Co 11:14

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Have you not heard?

1Pe 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Why not pretend to have it work and wait until a more advantageous time?

Your enemy is crafty but we know God and He created this fallen being and his minions.

What, know ye not?

2Co 11:14

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I agree.

Why not pretend to have it work and wait until a more advantageous time?

I don't understand what you're saying here.