• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

But does it teach that physical death or spiritual death came because of Adam?

Both.

the day that Adam sinned, did he die physically or spiritually?

Again, both. He immediately died spiritually and became separated from God, and also at that instant, he lost his immortality and physically began to die. Just as each day for us is a day closer to our physical deaths.

could you point me to the bible passages that speak of this?

If there was no death before Adam sinned, then by simple reasoning, if he had not sinned, he wasn't going to ever die.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ro 5:17

17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

NKJV

But does it teach that physical death or spiritual death came because of Adam?

Both.

the day that Adam sinned, did he die physically or spiritually?

Again, both. He immediately died spiritually and became separated from God, and also at that instant, he lost his immortality and physically began to die. Just as each day for us is a day closer to our physical deaths.

could you point me to the bible passages that speak of this?

If there was no death before Adam sinned, then by simple reasoning, if he had not sinned, he wasn't going to ever die.

I asked for Bible passages that support the idea that Adam lost his immortality and physically began to die.

You are using circular reasoning here, not Biblical support.

As far as simple reasoning goes, if Adam and all the animals were immortal why was the Tree of Life needed?

And as far as simple reasoning goes, why was reproduction necessary if all animals were immortal?

The Tree of Life 'IS' The Spirit of Christ living In the born again... It is the sealing of eternal life for all those who

eat from It's boughs.... Seen in the Communion of His Body and His Blood... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Tinky, I like what Clarke's Commentary has to say on this matter.

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Of the tree of the knowledge - thou shalt not eat - This is the first positive precept God gave to man; and it was given as a test of obedience, and a proof of his being in a dependent, probationary state. It was necessary that, while constituted lord of this lower world, he should know that he was only God's vicegerent, and must be accountable to him for the use of his mental and corporeal powers, and for the use he made of the different creatures put under his care. The man from whose mind the strong impression of this dependence and responsibility is erased, necessarily loses sight of his origin and end, and is capable of any species of wickedness. As God is sovereign, he has a right to give to his creatures what commands he thinks proper. An intelligent creature, without a law to regulate his conduct, is an absurdity; this would destroy at once the idea of his dependency and accountableness. Man must ever feel God as his sovereign, and act under his authority, which he cannot do unless he have a rule of conduct. This rule God gives: and it is no matter of what kind it is, as long as obedience to it is not beyond the powers of the creature who is to obey. God says: There is a certain fruit-bearing tree; thou shalt not eat of its fruit; but of all the other fruits, and they are all that are necessary, for thee, thou mayest freely, liberally eat. Had he not an absolute right to say so? And was not man bound to obey?

Thou shalt surely die - מות תמות moth tamuth; Literally, a death thou shalt die; or, dying thou shalt die. Thou shalt not only die spiritually, by losing the life of God, but from that moment thou shalt become mortal, and shalt continue in a dying state till thou die. This we find literally accomplished; every moment of man's life may be considered as an act of dying, till soul and body are separated. Other meanings have been given of this passage, but they are in general either fanciful or incorrect.

I think it is significant that the word die had not been uttered until God gave His directive to Adam about eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil as noted in Gen. 2:17. Generally speaking when a word is repeated in scripture there is something new being brought to the forefront.

Reading from this source is interesting: http://www.restorersofzion.org/RT_howtoread.htm (See #1)

17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

NKJV

again, this verse and the whole chapter seems to be pointing to spiritual death, not physical death.

God 'IS' Spirit

Jn 4:24

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

NKJV

and an idol is to lift the corporeal into equality with Spirit... God created corporeal to adjust us to the

beginning in an infinite reality... I am suspect it would have been to much for us to be placed into His

fullness of Being from the get go as we see this in- if we look upon Him we would perish! We really need

to give way to the Being of God as greater than assessments availability through our own begin!

Therefore God leads us in stages to more and more as we are made able to receive... but never to

look back toward the created begin but alway in spiritual progression toward God's fullness. Our death

physically is nothing and to the spiritually mature a desire to be separated from toward gain in intimacy

with God Our source in Love, Life, Realized in perfection In the Son... Love, Steven

The Tree of Life 'IS' The Spirit of Christ living In the born again... It is the sealing of eternal life for all those who

eat from It's boughs.... Seen in the Communion of His Body and His Blood... Love, Steven

The Spirit of Christ living In the born again was present in the Garden and needed to be guarded by cherubim with a flaming sword :confused:

Yes... had Adam and Eve eaten of the tree of life after sin they would have been eternally sealed in sin. It was God Grace to

prevent this till man could be brought to the place of New Birth in The Son... as is seen in this passage

1 Co 11:27-28

27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

NKJV

The unworthy become the crucifiers... Love, Steven

NKJV

again, this verse and the whole chapter seems to be pointing to spiritual death, not physical death.

God 'IS' Spirit

Jn 4:24

24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

NKJV

and an idol is to lift the corporeal into equality with Spirit... God created corporeal to adjust us to the

beginning in an infinite reality... I am suspect it would have been to much for us to be placed into His

fullness of Being from the get go as we see this in- if we look upon Him we would perish! We really need

to give way to the Being of God as greater than assessments availability through our own begin!

Therefore God leads us in stages to more and more as we are made able to receive... but never to

look back toward the created begin but alway in spiritual progression toward God's fullness. Our death

physically is nothing and to the spiritually mature a desire to be separated from toward gain in intimacy

with God Our source in Love, Life, Realized in perfection In the Son... Love, Steven

:confused:

Please indicate the questions because this is clear to me so I don't know where to answer! Love, Steven

The Spirit of Christ living In the born again was present in the Garden and needed to be guarded by cherubim with a flaming sword :confused:

Jn 15:5 gives me permission to view this in this manner :) but elsewhere it is seen in wisdom, speech, etc.

As I understand Christ's ultimate lesson of life being The First and The Last the Alpha and Omega

Jn 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

NKJV

Rv 22:14

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life,

and may enter through the gates into the city.

NKJV

As best as I can determine from Scripture all Life equates to, through, in and of The Son of God :) Love, Steven

to be very honest, I have no idea at all what you are trying to say. I might as well be reading on of my wife's nursing manuals! :laughing:

Well let's see how about this... That which ceases has no eternal value? Does that work? Then if God 'IS' only eternal

and about eternal things then why do we focus on that which ends above that which does not?

Mt 10:27-28

27 "Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy

both soul and body in hell

NKJV

Wisdom is to approach the Bible in spiritual format loosing the confusion that exist in the created thing due to

satan's control there of! By loosing the bonds of this physical present-> by reckoning what will be/more important

than what is now... Or- the now only for what will be...

Jn 12:25-26

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone

serves Me, him My Father will honor.

NKJV

It is seen in the Holiness of God stressed by Jude

Jude 23

23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

NKJV

Love, Steven