• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

That's cool that God created the whole world in just seven days. I couldn't do that.

According to my information, one day for the Lord are thousand years for us. So, probably it is more appropriate to call it

the seven thousand years creation ;)

Ciao

- viole

Your getting so much closer to the truth. Though he created it in six literal days he is perfecting it in six thousand years. At the end of the perfecting is the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ on earth which is about to commence. The sons of God will be manifested and will bring in the Kingdom of God upon the earth. My hope for you is that God will mercifully keep you alive through that which is to come so that when Christ actually arrives you will understand and know him as the earth will be filled with the knowledge of God. There will be no atheists left as all will know him from the least to the greatest. May God shed his grace on thee!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That's cool that God created the whole world in just seven days. I couldn't do that.

According to my information, one day for the Lord are thousand years for us. So, probably it is more appropriate to call it

the seven thousand years creation ;)

Ciao

- viole

Your getting so much closer to the truth. Though he created it in six literal days he is perfecting it in six thousand years. At the end of the perfecting is the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ on earth which is about to commence. The sons of God will be manifested and will bring in the Kingdom of God upon the earth. My hope for you is that God will mercifully keep you alive through that which is to come so that when Christ actually arrives you will understand and know him as the earth will be filled with the knowledge of God. There will be no atheists left as all will know him from the least to the greatest. May God shed his grace on thee!

Gary I am of a dispensational view of God's dealing with man-

http://www.biblecentre.org/topics/cis_rd_2_seven_disp.htm

Is this how you see the Bible written? Love, Steven

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

http://www.biblecent..._seven_disp.htm

I do share somewhat in the dispensational view of scripture but with some alterations to the understanding. This thread is about there not being 'Plenty of time' for evolution' and we ought to try to stay on topic...which of course, I know, is hard for guys like me to do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

http://www.biblecent..._seven_disp.htm

I do share somewhat in the dispensational view of scripture but with some alterations to the understanding. This thread is about there not being 'Plenty of time' for evolution' and we ought to try to stay on topic...which of course, I know, is hard for guys like me to do.

well it's good to turn over a new leaf while there still is not enough time for evolution... :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1974

This is where I specialize (and what my theology/divinity studies are geared for). Biblical interpretation, and the application of hermeneutics.

There is one, crucial thing that people are overlooking...

No where does it say that the heavens and the earth were created on the first day. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

The time lapse between "in the beginning" and the start of creation on earth as we interpret it, could be an infinite amount of time. The Bible does not say. It is called the Time Gap Theory. It also shoots holes in the Young Earth Theory.

Just something to think about.

This is where I specialize (and what my theology/divinity studies are geared for). Biblical interpretation, and the application of hermeneutics.

There is one, crucial thing that people are overlooking...

No where does it say that the heavens and the earth were created on the first day. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

The time lapse between "in the beginning" and the start of creation on earth as we interpret it, could be an infinite amount of time. The Bible does not say. It is called the Time Gap Theory. It also shoots holes in the Young Earth Theory.

Just something to think about.

Day One ~

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

And Thinking O LORD How Great Thou Art

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5

Day Four ~

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

And Thinking, O Lord How Great Thou Art

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

And Day Six, The First Six Revolutions Of This Earth ~

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

And Thinking, O Lord How Great Thou Art

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

~

The Trouble With Reading

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Most Will Not Believe

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

The Truth

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

~

Believe

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. Mark 16:6

And Be Blessed Beloved

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:9-14

Love, Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And away we go with the one week argument :cool2:

There are dozens of threads on Worthy on the subject, and it would behoove anyone venturing into these waters to perhaps peruse them to get an idea of the minefield upon which they are about to dance.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just to let you know, there are many people on Worthy that are pastors, doctors, elders, or like my wife, so soaked in the Spirit that the bible is their life, what they live, every second of every day. There are people here whose every breath is a prayer.

They don't need teaching, they teach by living. They leave the echo of the Holy Spirit behind when they leave a room. They are people you just want to be around because they are "good", and you can feel it when they arrive, and they leave a fragrance behind when they leave. Six days or a million, it means little to them.

Because they know Jesus, and have their eyes and hearts fixed on eternity.

That's not something you are taught, that is the faith that comes from Jesus. Then they mine the bible for more of Him, not for intellectual knowledge, but because they are wringing love out of every page.

It;s not something you teach, it's something you learn.

Just to let you know, there are many people on Worthy that are pastors, doctors, elders, or like my wife, so soaked in the Spirit that the bible is their life, what they live, every second of every day. There are people here whose every breath is a prayer.

They don't need teaching, they teach by living. They leave the echo of the Holy Spirit behind when they leave a room. They are people you just want to be around because they are "good", and you can feel it when they arrive, and they leave a fragrance behind when they leave. Six days or a million, it means little to them.

Because they know Jesus, and have their eyes and hearts fixed on eternity.

That's not something you are taught, that is the faith that comes from Jesus. Then they mine the bible for more of Him, not for intellectual knowledge, but because they are wringing love out of every page.

It;s not something you teach, it's something you learn.

:thumbsup:

The Core Of The Bible

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

Has A Name

and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. John 12:21(c-d)

Yet Most Turn Away

And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst: Deuteronomy 29:19

And Follow Their Imaginations

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

~

Believe

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? John 3:12

And Be Blessed Beloved

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.John 3:7

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1974

Yes, that is all well and good, but it still does not change the fact that the Bible never says the heavens and earth were created on day 1, merely in the beginning. People "assume" it's all wrapped up in day 1. Personally, I believe in the Time Gap Theory. You can't refute the TGT biblically, as Genesis does not provide adequate information to the contrary.

The only thing created on day 1 was light, but not in the sense of a light emitting object. The Hebrew is actually referring to illumination/enlightenment, and God is the source of it. The sun/moon were not created until day 4.

I won't be arguing about this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I used to be an old hard line, die hard, KJV only Southern Baptist...then God opened my eyes.