IGNORED

Does God Hate Westboro Baptist Church?

Tinky

sevenseas, i can't remember (and your profile doesn't say) but i'm thinking you live outside the united states... am i right? or am i confusing you with someone else (again)? the people in this so-called church are all related. they close ranks so tightly around their own that no outsiders can get in. they intermarry (within legal boundaries, i presume) and brainwash their children from birth to believe that God has called them to be so full of hate. to minister to one would require somehow getting one separated from the group, and then putting that one through months of de-programming.

Hi Lady C....yes, you are right...I currently live in Canada and I am Canadian. However, I've lived in the US for about 8+ years and my husband

is American...his parents were missionairies (he's a pk) and he was born overseas but came to the US later and basically grew up in Michigan

I do know who the Westborians are (like how could you not know, right LOL) and that they are family

I understand they do hateful things and hate filled things.

But God does not hate them. I don't mean to sound religious or passive or holier than thou but I do not believe God hates them. They are, IMO,

a strange group and I have to ask God...What's up here? Why do you allow this?

Signs of our times I think...but I have not stopped to put it all together..God has allowed them and we have allowed far

too much sin that passes for Christian behavior

I have to look more and more with spiritual eyes at what is going on around us because otherwise, I would despair

I hope this makes sense...in no way do I chastise anyone for their own feelings regarding this, and I do understand, but for some reason,

I think my mind is changing about things...I have had so much unrest and pain over the actions and words of those close to me in my family,

that I have cried out for peace and this, I believe, is God showing me how to live...or part of it

My mother has caused so much pain that without God I think I would do her in by now. Seriously

it does make sense, and i hope what i said does too. i really think that as a group, as an organization, God hates what He sees, which is pure evil. that's not the same thing as seeing them each as an individual person within that group.

I think God allows evil to persist because it will eventually bring about His ultimate will. if evil didn't exist, there would have been no need for a savior. if earth was a state of utopia instead of chaos, there would be no need for the battle at armegeddon, no need for God to come set up His kingdom here on earth. God allows evil because He allows us to choose freely between it and Him.

as for the WBC people... have any of them freely chosen? clearly one of them has... but who knows in what generation that one existed, and whether he or she is still alive? maybe the ones running it now freely chose, or maybe they were victims of the same brain washing that everyone else is a victim of. can they be redeemed? God could orchestrate things so that one or more could escape the clutches of the group and learn to know the true God. but throughout biblical history, God has chosen to allow some hearts to become and remain hardened, because they served a purpose in His bigger picture. i suspect the phelps family fits in that category. they serve a purpose, but God has allowed their hearts to become and remain permanently hardened against Him, and there likely will be no redemption for any of them. but again, i'm not God, and my suspicions are just that... He may have something else in mind, and if He does, i'll rejoice.

LOL, i'm glad i at least got part of it right, that you didn't live in the US. but i had forgotten that you had lived here and that your hubby was american. i was thinking you were from across the pond somewhere over in europe... and i figured the brits may have less knowledge about the phelps. anyway, i'll try very hard to keep this conversation in my dusty old brain somewhere so i can pull it out in the future and remember that you do have first-hand knowledge of all things american!

Westboro Baptist Church is a pro-homosexual activist group.

:confused:

me thinks you've got them confused with someone else. they're very anti-homosexual.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I think God hates their church, what they do in His name and what their false doctrines are, but He does love the people enough that He died for them too, if their eyes would open to Him and call on Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

sevenseas, i can't remember (and your profile doesn't say) but i'm thinking you live outside the united states... am i right? or am i confusing you with someone else (again)? the people in this so-called church are all related. they close ranks so tightly around their own that no outsiders can get in. they intermarry (within legal boundaries, i presume) and brainwash their children from birth to believe that God has called them to be so full of hate. to minister to one would require somehow getting one separated from the group, and then putting that one through months of de-programming.

Hi Lady C....yes, you are right...I currently live in Canada and I am Canadian. However, I've lived in the US for about 8+ years and my husband

is American...his parents were missionairies (he's a pk) and he was born overseas but came to the US later and basically grew up in Michigan

I do know who the Westborians are (like how could you not know, right LOL) and that they are family

But God does not hate them. I don't mean to sound religious or passive or holier than thou but I do not believe God hates them. They are, IMO,

Signs of our times I think...but I have not stopped to put it all together..God has allowed them and we have allowed far

I have to look more and more with spiritual eyes at what is going on around us because otherwise, I would despair

I hope this makes sense...in no way do I chastise anyone for their own feelings regarding this, and I do understand, but for some reason,

I think my mind is changing about things...I have had so much unrest and pain over the actions and words of those close to me in my family,

that I have cried out for peace and this, I believe, is God showing me how to live...or part of it

My mother has caused so much pain that without God I think I would do her in by now. Seriously

I live in Canada too and had read about this group,I do agree with sevenseas that God does not hate them,what do you think Jesus thoughts would be? Would He not like them saved?

Should we pray about it,God is the only One who can change their hearts what can people do to stop them?

There are so many cults in this world ........:(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

it does make sense, and i hope what i said does too. i really think that as a group, as an organization, God hates what He sees, which is pure evil. that's not the same thing as seeing them each as an individual person within that group.

I think God allows evil to persist because it will eventually bring about His ultimate will. if evil didn't exist, there would have been no need for a savior. if earth was a state of utopia instead of chaos, there would be no need for the battle at armegeddon, no need for God to come set up His kingdom here on earth. God allows evil because He allows us to choose freely between it and Him.

as for the WBC people... have any of them freely chosen? clearly one of them has... but who knows in what generation that one existed, and whether he or she is still alive? maybe the ones running it now freely chose, or maybe they were victims of the same brain washing that everyone else is a victim of. can they be redeemed? God could orchestrate things so that one or more could escape the clutches of the group and learn to know the true God. but throughout biblical history, God has chosen to allow some hearts to become and remain hardened, because they served a purpose in His bigger picture. i suspect the phelps family fits in that category. they serve a purpose, but God has allowed their hearts to become and remain permanently hardened against Him, and there likely will be no redemption for any of them. but again, i'm not God, and my suspicions are just that... He may have something else in mind, and if He does, i'll rejoice.

LOL, i'm glad i at least got part of it right, that you didn't live in the US. but i had forgotten that you had lived here and that your hubby was american. i was thinking you were from across the pond somewhere over in europe... and i figured the brits may have less knowledge about the phelps. anyway, i'll try very hard to keep this conversation in my dusty old brain somewhere so i can pull it out in the future and remember that you do have first-hand knowledge of all things american!

(quote) LadyC

I think God allows evil to persist because it will eventually bring about His ultimate will. if evil didn't exist, there would have been no need for a savior. if earth was a state of utopia instead of chaos, there would be no need for the battle at armegeddon, no need for God to come set up His kingdom here on earth. God allows evil because He allows us to choose freely between it and Him

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome words ...sister ! :thumbsup:

Guest bryanw92

Westboro Baptist Church is a pro-homosexual activist group.

:confused:

me thinks you've got them confused with someone else. they're very anti-homosexual.

They do advance the homosexual agenda quite well. Through their over-the-top protests they allow the homosexual lobby to project them onto any Christian effort to block the homosexual agenda. Any resistance to the agenda can be defeated in the court of public opinion by showing a clip or sound bite of WBC's antics and then drawing a connection between them and people with a legitimate complaint. They really are the best weapon for delegitimizing any moral opposition to the gay agenda.

their efforts may very well backfire, i'll grant ya that... but the statement that they are a pro-homosexual activist group is still incorrect. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1952

I don't think God hates them I think he is shedding many tears for them! They are a cult and well funded makes you wonder were they get their money to do all this protesting!!! They are not of God in any way shape or form!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

sevenseas

Even non-Christians know that Westboro does not act like a Christian church. That, is something that becomes apparent as

one reads comments under newspaper articles on the net.

They are very well known. Some of the things they don't like, God does not like, but their list is far larger than Gods. They do have a zeal about them, while the rest of us just sit in a church pew. Is there something to learn from this?

Mike.

Watch one of them being interviewed; that 'zeal' is possession.