Tinky

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

And, as for getting my gun, does the phrase "out of my cold dead hands" ring any bells?

You know, in reading this thread, I was able to think of a situation that could pursuade americans to surrender their guns.

Imagine if you would, a one payer health care system, which we have seen isnt far fetched. One of the criteria by which the cost of health care to you, or the basis on which you receive health care, is determined by whether or not you own guns. If your costs skyrocket when you own a gun, or plummet when you do not have a gun, then many americans can be pursuaded to give up their guns. It could apply since guns = injuries = needing treatment = cost increase in health care.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

And, as for getting my gun, does the phrase "out of my cold dead hands" ring any bells?

You know, in reading this thread, I was able to think of a situation that could pursuade americans to surrender their guns.

Imagine if you would, a one payer health care system, which we have seen isnt far fetched. One of the criteria by which the cost of health care to you, or the basis on which you receive health care, is determined by whether or not you own guns. If your costs skyrocket when you own a gun, or plummet when you do not have a gun, then many americans can be pursuaded to give up their guns. It could apply since guns = injuries = needing treatment = cost increase in health care.

In true American style....I believe most of us wouldn't register them and would go underground with those already in our possession. Remember what happened when the feds outlawed liquor.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

That is exactly why they've instituted it the way that they have sis. If you do not live the way that they want you to you will be penalized.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

From the accounts you've read. The only reason they singled Koresh out was because he had guns. Not because he was a religious wacko......They broke the walls down with TANKS. And they did so because people inside had guns and they didn't want them to have guns.

You seem to forget that the main reason Janet Reno gave the order to go in, was because of the reports of former cult members who told the Justice Dept. (correctly) that David Koresh was sexually abusing underage girls. I do agree that they could have nabbed him on the street, but didn't because they wanted to flex their muscles. But even so, the full blame for the deaths of those cult members rests on the shoulders of Koresh alone. HE brainwashed them, HE abused them, and HE refused to let them go. It was Koresh who kept breaking his word about when he would come out. HE was the one who decided their fate.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I hear all kinds of reports on waco. Fact of the matter is, Koresh was begging for a fight, he really was, and he chose to not only have innocent women and children on his compound-but to mix his fighting men in with the women and children, essentially making them targets. Was reno a bit trigger happy, and probably respond with to much force? yes, probably, but koresh was no freedom fighting angel-he was, just a wee bit wacky. C/Ts try to spin it a lot of ways, reality is it was just a messed up situation, people need to learn, ya there may be more to a lot of things out there-but there is NOT a conspiracy around every single corner, and some, like this one, need to just die, its ancient history. Time to focus on the present.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/08/1985

You all make very good points. The more I hear about the government taking away guns the more I think about the sheep being led to the slaughter. So my question is... would the government really do that to their people? I'm starting to think they would so they can try to control us and make us do whatever they want, and possibly threaten to kill us... The bible does say that things will get really bad when we're close to the end.

Edited by G23

g23, what makes you think they wouldnt? history repeats itself. Lets look back at every ancient empire. Persia, Babylon, Egypt, Rome. Lets look at more recent, Hitler, Stalin, should I go on?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/08/1985

You're absolutely right... I mean I'd like to think that since those are "other" countries and America claims to be all about "freedom", that they wouldn't do it here, but... America is just as bad as they are... they're trying harder and harder to remove God away from this country.... and then they wonder why there's so much evil here..

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

schindlersList.jpg

You're absolutely right... I mean I'd like to think that since those are "other" countries and America claims to be all about "freedom", that they wouldn't do it here, but... America is just as bad as they are... they're trying harder and harder to remove God away from this country.... and then they wonder why there's so much evil here..

I dont think were as bad as they were, yet. but we will get there, if we let the country go unchecked like it has been.