IGNORED

Will Our Beloved Pets be with Us in Heaven?

Spirit_Tracker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

If i am understanding you guys correctly, what you're really saying is that you don't believe God has or will answer this question concerning our pets. ... and if He does answer us it will be along the lines of "You don't need to know right". This is the answer you expect because the outright support for it can't be found in the bible. Which is fine but I want to make sure I understand your perspective... because instead of stating what you believe in this matter, you are challenging mine. Which is to essentially say that you believe that God answering me on this matter is my imagination.

I am not making any definitive claim about whether or not God has spoken to you on this matter. There's simply no way for me to know that. My only point is that it is easy to attribute your own ideas to God. Many people do this everyday. My warning is to be cautious. How do you know this was from God? Was it revealed to you in scripture? If not, how was it told to you? Was it a vision? If so, you must ask what the source of this vision was (as it could be anything from God to demons to a hallucination). Was it simply a gut feeling? If so, how did you determine that this feeling came from God? Did it just feel like a spiritual revelation? If so, how does one determine what actually comes from God and what is just a misguided feeling?

Do you see my point? God may have spoken to you, but you must be cautious when it comes to these matters. Question. Continue in prayer. Read the scriptures. These things lead to truth with or without personal visions.

Once again I agree with InHisTime77's word of caution.

It would be nice to have pets in Heaven. I don't see why there couldn't be animals but I'm not sure that it's really worth getting too excited over. Either there will be or there won't be. Nothing we discuss or determine will change the outcome.

In either case being in the presence of Jesus Christ for eternity will be the best possible experience ever!

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Right but I believe that if we have a living relationship with God, He can reveal Truths to us that may not be covered in the bible... His Word is alive... His Holy Spirit is alive... and in us. Because I have real relationship with God, what He can teach us is not limited to something you have to find in the bible. Look at Paul, he didn't have a script to read from... He allowed himself to be used by the Holy Spirit... I have prayed a long time for God to reveal this mystery to me... I believe He has.

God was in the process of revealing his scripture to mankind when the Apostle Paul and the other prophets (writing and not) were dispensing the will and acts of God accompanied with miraculous signs and wonders.

I prescribe extreme caution when going "outside" the Bible to find truth. First of all the Bible is the measure for truth. So how can one have truth outside of the measure for truth?

I realize we cannot consult the Bible for diagrams for smart phones or computers... which is not so much truth as technology... but the principles for all truth are found in the Bible.

And about the afterlife of animals...

Ecclesiastes 3:19-21 (KJV)

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 12:1-7 (KJV)

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Right but I believe that if we have a living relationship with God, He can reveal Truths to us that may not be covered in the bible... His Word is alive... His Holy Spirit is alive... and in us. Because I have real relationship with God, what He can teach us is not limited to something you have to find in the bible. Look at Paul, he didn't have a script to read from... He allowed himself to be used by the Holy Spirit... I have prayed a long time for God to reveal this mystery to me... I believe He has.

God was in the process of revealing his scripture to mankind when the Apostle Paul and the other prophets (writing and not) were dispensing the will and acts of God accompanied with miraculous signs and wonders.

I prescribe extreme caution when going "outside" the Bible to find truth. First of all the Bible is the measure for truth. So how can one have truth outside of the measure for truth?

I realize we cannot consult the Bible for diagrams for smart phones or computers... which is not so much truth as technology... but the principles for all truth are found in the Bible.

And about the afterlife of animals...

Ecclesiastes 3:19-21 (KJV)

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 12:1-7 (KJV)

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Going outside of the bible to find Truth isn't as uncommon as you might think. It happens all the time, in different ways. A pastor may add his opinion to God's Word to "clarify" it. A lot of theologies are based a handful of verses or the stringing together of many and go far beyond what is said. A lot of commentaries elaborate far beyond than what is actually said in scripture. Books are written with God's authority to speak the Truth to the reader. Of course not all of them, because you can always discern with the spirit. However, again, it is not as uncommon as you want to think it is. God's Spirit is dwelling in us... and His Spirit speaks what God communicates to us. God desires a genuine relationship with us... He desires for us to listen to Him... for anything He has to say. To say that God doesn't speak outside of scripture is what carnal Christians worry about. People abuse God's Word as it is, so why wouldn't they abuse God Word outside of scripture? If a Christian is going to be deceived, they are going to be deceived for what is in scripture and what is not. Deception is deception... Those who are truly in Him and He is us, know that God speaks beyond scriptures. If you think God is telling you something, test it, examine it, compare it to scripture. Nothing God says is ever going to contradict scripture. His Spirit is sealed in us.

The "caution" being used is the result of the mature Christian. One who tests and examines everything. I agree there are many who are speaking on behalf of the Spirit of God who have no business to do so. The world is saturated with carnal, lukewarm believers. Of course what I am saying is not baby food.

As far the verse you quoted, if you had actually read my post, you would have seen that I already quoted those scriptures. And we must keep in mind that Solomon fell away from God. So many of his writings were included to remind us of the vanity of carnal wisdom. Wisdom didn't save Solomon... Solomon only pondered what happens to animals after they die...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Again, I don't think it's in God's nature to deny us, His children, enjoying our beloved pets again in Heaven. What could it hurt?

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" (Matthew 7:11)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I'm just jumping in here cold, haven't read replies. I would love to know my Jocko and Angel are in existent today as I knew them, but I don't think so. While on earth they had God's breath of life in them and after I put them down that breath of Life returned to God which gave it, do they have a corporal or spiritual body, no, I can't believe that.

Are you saying that, like Paul, God is using you to reveal a new truth not found in the Bible?

And yet here you say:

If you think God is telling you something, test it, examine it, compare it to scripture. Nothing God says is ever going to contradict Scripture. His Spirit is sealed in us.

And yet you agree there is no outright support for this concept in the Bible...

If i am understanding you guys correctly, what you're really saying is that you don't believe God has or will answer this question concerning our pets. ... and if He does answer us it will be along the lines of "You don't need to know right". This is the answer you expect because the outright support for it can't be found in the bible.

So my question regarding all this is as follows...

Perhaps you might, but I already prayed and asked God, and He answered. He loves our pets greater than we do... Because His love is superior. He formed their little personalities... gave them the ability to give and receive affection, though limited. He knows them each individually... He has a covenant with them.

Perhaps I missed this. Where in the Bible does it say God has a covenant with animals?

So bottom line which is it? Is there Biblical evidence for this teaching regarding pets that matches Scripture or is this something that is a personal opinion you hold? What is the purpose of this teaching/concept that pets will be in Heaven? Did Christ die for animals too? :help:

Curious.

God bless,

GE

But does God care about animals?

Genesis 9:9-10 “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth.”

Genesis 9:16; “Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Hosea 2:18 “In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.” ALL…

And this covenant was made... it has been established. Animals will not fear death because they will be imperishable, as they were in the beginning.

And again,

Isaiah 11:6-9 reads, “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox. The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den. They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.”

Obviously this isn’t a picture of this old earth! Impossible! This is a description of a new earth and new HEAVEN! Isn’t that a WONDEFUL image? It will be GLORIOUS! “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away,…”(Rev 21:1 NASB)

Golden Eagle "Perhaps I missed this. Where in the Bible does it say God has a covenant with animals?"

The verses above are very clear of the covenant that God made with all animals. If you reject it, then that's on you. Isaiah talks about the new earth and how animals are there. If that's not the new earth then tell me where the wolf and lamb dwell together or the leopard laying with a young goat? Or the calf with a young lion? He speaks of the new earth... and God speaks of His covenant with all creatures; both man and every living thing.

GoldenEagle "Are you saying that, like Paul, God is using you to reveal a new truth not found in the Bible..."

Where did I say that? Why would you assume I am making that connection? I am sharing with people what I believe to be true. Did I say that this needs to be taught from the pulpit or that we need to teach this as a doctrine? This is a question that I asked to engage in dialog with others and what they believe as well. TO encourage those to pray and believe that God can answer anything we ask.

GoldenEagle "And yet you agree there is no outright support for this concept in the Bible..."

There isn't an outright support for or against it. However, there is more evidence that it's highly possible.

Edited by Spirit_Tracker

There isn't an outright support for or against it. However, there is more evidence that it's highly possible.

I agree it's a possibility brother. Thanks for your patience in helping me understand what you were trying to communicate. :thumbsup:

I agree it's a possibility brother. Thanks for your patience in helping me understand what you were trying to communicate. :thumbsup:

No problem... but if our relationship is real with God, then don't be afraid to ask Him whatever you would like to know. Although the evidence in the bible is in favor of God loving His animals and restoring them in the new heaven and earth, we can delve further in prayer, asking God whatever we desire to know. That's why it's called a relationship... if everything you knew about your father was in 66 minibooks, wouldn't you inquire beyond them? Despite what people may say and teach, it's not a taboo. God wants us to know about Him... He wants to share with us what we can handle.

Joh 16:12-15 NASB "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. (13) "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. (14) "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. (15) "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Tracker,

I had already sought God on this matter after reading your OP. He just confirmed that while there may be animals in Heaven there is no Biblical evidence that animals have souls. So while there may be new animals in the Heaven and New Earth there is no reason to believe they'll be the same animals. While I appreciate your heart for the Lord on this matter in Christ we'll have to agree to disagree regarding seeking revelation outside of Scripture. Especially on a topic that the Bible is silent on.

But let me give a personal example because I can relate to this desire regarding pets in Heaven. I had a dog I loved very much as a boy. His name was Courage (Valente) and he was the runt of the litter. He was a German Shepherd. We named him Courage because he was so scared all the time. He turned out to be very courageous with proper training and encouragement. I loved that dog and he loved me. He died at the age of 17. While I miss him I know that at his death he was buried. That is all.

It is important to handle God's Word with care. The Bible is not a bunch of mini books. The Bible is God's love letter to humanity. To me. To you. To all of us. To all who would confess Jesus is Lord, repent of their sins, and believe in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead. Those who God allowed to be adopted into his family as co-heirs in Christ. This is what matters. This is what is important.

I hope you can see (read) my heart on the matter.

God bless you.

In Christ,

GE