IGNORED

Will Our Beloved Pets be with Us in Heaven?

Spirit_Tracker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

[qoute] OneLight: ... "your creditability hits a wall. Jesus is not a man like Moses, David or Peter. Jesus is the Son of God." [/qoute]

Hmm, but why are you seeking to turn me into a non-creditable person? It is because we don't agree entirely on scripture? If I have said something that someone doesn't agree with, then let us disagree. But my credit-ability is not with any person, it is with God.

Jesus said Himself "Joh 14:12 NASB "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father."

How is it that my comparison is not appropriate when Christ Himself has said it? I dare not say that we can be like Christ, as in His God-headship, but in His faith. And Peter and Paul, and others, did exactly that.

I'm not. I am reading what you posted and it speaks for itself. You compared yourself to Jesus, did you not?

Faith is one thing as long as it is founded in scripture. WE are told we can do the same as Christ did, which I do not disagree with, but Jesus never once spoke about whether or not a pet will enter heaven. Faith about extra-biblical beliefs are personal and often lead people down the wrong road.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

As far the verse you quoted, if you had actually read my post, you would have seen that I already quoted those scriptures.

So sorry. I missed where you quoted them together as I did.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I also look at the biblical facts that God created animals before he did people. Subjected animals to human oversight. Subjected animals to the cursed creations due to human sin. Subjected animals o man as beasts of burden, clothing, and food AND sacrifice... God also created many of the cherubim / seraphim with animal faces, heads, wings, feet. I think it rather foolish not to think of heaven as a place populated by many animals. Our pets, I would only guess yes. After we lost a beloved llama in San Diego, I "saw" him on a slanted mountain peak standing like no show animal ever stood erect and proud and so full of life. Was the vision my imagination? Perhaps.

I just Googled the Helen Woodward Animal center where we volunteered most every Sunday from 1994-2008. I expected the promised remodel / make over to have finished by now, they were to break ground in 2009 but it looks the same and the Google satellite shot claims to be 2013... Sad for the animals and the cramped workers.

Over the years we turned out dozens of horses that came and went (many adopted, some passed on). HWAC was a no kill shelter (unless very ill). We loved 'em all, but I couldn't begin to name 'em all the horses... Central to our barnyard gang experience was a goat named Pebbles (who passed away early on). Two llamas Sparky and Clem. A Sicilian donkey Herman and a sheep Tommy who was just a little fellow when he first came to HWAC. I have photos of my darling wife holding him like a medium sized dog. And here he and I are a few years later:

Jr+and+Tommy.jpg He was about 300 lbs... here.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

No matter what we think we know, we still see in a mirror dimly, or through a glass darkly. We think small because we are small, not matter how many mysteries we believe have been revealed to us. Truth be told, we cannot even imagine what He has in store for us. Yet, I will wait to know what these possibilities may be until I am with Him and He makes it clear to me. I don't want to be mislead by any miscommunication my flesh may give as I listen to what He tells me about what is not in scripture.

I can understand OneLight. But why is it that we must see through a mirror dimly or a glass darkly?

I really is a whole lot simpler than you try to make it. It is because scripture tells us this.

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Right, I see what you're saying. Although the Word of God is never complicated, this mustn't be confused with that it is never complex. I agree that our knowledge, that we'll have when we are face to face with Christ, will seem dim comparatively speaking to our knowledge that we have now. You want to see complicated then read Barnes and Henry's commentary on 1 Corinthians 13:12 lol.

I don't read commentaries. There are so many that don't agree that a person can walk away far more confused then they were when they first started.

This thread has very little to do with the word of Go. This thread is basically asking the question all pet owners have, or had, about their pets. The problem arises when others come in saying that God told them this and that when scripture is silent. God can reveal certain specifics about our personal walk to us that is not found in scripture, as you mentioned about who should we marry, but to claim that one is given special revelations, red flags pop up everywhere in me.

Okay, so you don't believe that God can and is willing to answer such a question asked of Him because it's not salvation critical. You've made that point... and we disagree, but because we disagree, now I feel you are going even further by trying to discredit me in other ways as well. You know, I've enjoyed coming on here and contributing in various ways, sharing my faith and consulting with scripture on matters...Please, if you are trying to push me into a corner, don't. I am just simply sharing my faith. This question that I asked is not proposed to steer people away from Christ or the Truth in the bible, and I don't believe has. So I am going to revert back to the scriptures I posted in the original post as being all the confirmation I need to believe that our beloved pets will be with us in heaven. These are the scriptures I believe God showed me when I prayed and asked of Him this question. I have asked this question for 30 years... and each time I pray about it, I believe it has been confirmed. My confirmation from God came from these verses, although the verse themselves are not a direct answer, they are very supportive of the answer to such a question. It is important to me to know, and I believe God knows that... not as a salvation critical matter, but as a being with a heart. This thread started out as sharing scripture of God's covenant with his creation, all of them, and how I believe these are verse support an answer to my question.

As far as the Holy Spirit speaking beyond scripture, many have debated over this time and time again, some for, whilst others opposed to it's concept. Some people believe that to say "God speaks beyond scripture" is inviting abuse in one way or another, however, if people are going to abuse, they are going to abuse in God's Word and out of it too. You'd be surprised who all believes God speaks beyond scripture... but never contradicting it. However, my response from God came on the back of scripture...

Edited by Spirit_Tracker

I also look at the biblical facts that God created animals before he did people. Subjected animals to human oversight. Subjected animals to the cursed creations due to human sin. Subjected animals o man as beasts of burden, clothing, and food AND sacrifice... God also created many of the cherubim / seraphim with animal faces, heads, wings, feet. I think it rather foolish not to think of heaven as a place populated by many animals. Our pets, I would only guess yes. After we lost a beloved llama in San Diego, I "saw" him on a slanted mountain peak standing like no show animal ever stood erect and proud and so full of life. Was the vision my imagination? Perhaps.

lol, hey, anything is possible. I imagine it would have been awesome to see that though! Imagination or not

It's kind of like reading books that Watchman Nee wrote. I really enjoy reading them and I connect with a majority of his writing... He was a very deep spiritual writer. But that doesn't mean I agree with everything he writes. I mean there are some things that he teaches on, I think to myself... yeah, not so much. However, most of his teachings are very enriching and I believe taught to him by God's Spirit. Just in a different way than to others. Concerning the matters I don't necessarily agree with, that doesn't mean red flags go up for me... it just means that I don't connect with it... whether right or wrong. That's between God and him, and I just roll by them.

Edited by Spirit_Tracker

I just Googled the Helen Woodward Animal center where we volunteered most every Sunday from 1994-2008. I expected the promised remodel / make over to have finished by now, they were to break ground in 2009 but it looks the same and the Google satellite shot claims to be 2013... Sad for the animals and the cramped workers.

Over the years we turned out dozens of horses that came and went (many adopted, some passed on). HWAC was a no kill shelter (unless very ill). We loved 'em all, but I couldn't begin to name 'em all the horses... Central to our barnyard gang experience was a goat named Pebbles (who passed away early on). Two llamas Sparky and Clem. A Sicilian donkey Herman and a sheep Tommy who was just a little fellow when he first came to HWAC. I have photos of my darling wife holding him like a medium sized dog. And here he and I are a few years later:

Awesome!

I don't think any google satellite photos are newer than 1 to 3 years... maybe even older. http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22040

Will our beloved pets be with us in heaven?

I think I can honestly say this: I have no idea.

But Scripture does say this:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. -- 1 Corinthians 2:9

Will our beloved pets be with us in heaven?

I think I can honestly say this: I have no idea.

But Scripture does say this:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. -- 1 Corinthians 2:9

Amen! I look forward to this!

However, this doesn't mean that we have not been given a glimpse of the other side.

Ezekiel 1: "4 Then I looked, and behold, a whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out of its midst like the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5 Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man. 6 Each one had four faces, and each one had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the soles of calves’ feet. They sparkled like the color of burnished bronze. 8 The hands of a man were under their wings on their four sides; and each of the four had faces and wings. 9 Their wings touched one another. The creatures did not turn when they went, but each one went straight forward."

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 4:1-5 NASB After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things." (2) Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne. (3) And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, like an emerald in appearance. (4) Around the throne were twenty-four thrones; and upon the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and golden crowns on their heads. (5) Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;

I mean if we're going to be scripturally of sound mind, then we must admit that God shows us quite a bit of HIs mysteries in His Word. But like I said, a lot of people pretty much just skip through these parts because they lack the ability to connect with these descriptions. It's just too much for them to swallow... However, if we look at the kinds of people that were willing to attach a visual to them, what we find are artist... not bragging or anything but that's just how God made us artist... now whether or not it's accurate is another thought, but as a christian artist, I love to visualize.

15n3774.jpg