• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Well, that's a patently absurd and juvenile statement to make.  Since the USA wasn't established as a nation during that time.

The simplest concept about conquest is really this.  An invading force claims, and establishes its authority and culture through power not paper. 

Once the power has been taken, authority established, law is made.  Since the natives didn't have the power to take that authority from their conquerors, they had to recognize its territorial claims and submit to its authority.

One of its claims being a sovereign nation and another claim being that citizenship is granted to native born residents (residents within its territory)

I did not wage war with the Natives or take their land, that happened generations ago.  I can't help that I was born into a nation that had the power and authority to grant me citizenship by nature of my birth.

There is no morality in conquest.  Conquest is simply taking by force whatever you have the power to take.

There was no unified authority to enforce the borders and sovereignty of the native tribes in North America.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Perhaps if the citizens of the PLANET, would focus more on unity and not ownership, we would not only be following scripture, but actually bringing blessing to the land.? Just my .2 cents. lol

That aint' gonna happen till Jesus comes back and culls out the bad guys.

I agree Other One. Even so Lord Jesus come! (And quickly please)

GE I have s few very good friends and family that I do not believe are saved.....   so I have trouble with the quickly part.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Other one, pray that God save them quicker and then come quickly. I am still praying for a few, too.

Perhaps I remember the story wrong. Didn't the native Americans welcome the pilgrims who subsequently owed their survival to the hospitality of the American Indians?

I refuse to be politically correct. Tonto was a good guy and a great friend who often rescued the Lone Ranger. Instead of creating a stereotype, he broke down stereotypes. Uncle Tom's Cabin and Huck Finn and Jim did the same thing by portraying black people as human beings with like feelings instead of being sub human as was often thought 2 centuries ago in the south. The very idea is disgusting today. People like Sachmo, Jackie Robinson and Bill Cosby, have won hearts today and broken down barriers. M.L. King did much to push the envelope. And I feel bad for the things they have endured. But women and children are not property or sub human either. Such a mind set produces abuse and causes the abuser to act sub human.

The problem with illegal aliens is much different. In their desperation they have broken our national laws and that is offensive. I have great affection for some people who are illegal or children of illegal aliens; they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. Perhaps we should make it easier for people to enter our country legally and get work visas. But the government giving preferential treatment to illegal aliens for jobs, benefits and schooling is particularly offensive and creates a lot of anger. The fact that our government disregards our laws and refuses to enforce them is disgusting. The general disregard for the law in our society is an offence. It seems that sensitivity training today means to desensitize us to criminal acts and to lawbreakers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Other one, pray that God save them quicker and then come quickly. I am still praying for a few, too.

Perhaps I remember the story wrong. Didn't the native Americans welcome the pilgrims who subsequently owed their survival to the hospitality of the American Indians?

I refuse to be politically correct. Tonto was a good guy and a great friend who often rescued the Lone Ranger. Instead of creating a stereotype, he broke down stereotypes. Uncle Tom's Cabin and Huck Finn and Jim did the same thing by portraying black people as human beings with like feelings instead of being sub human as was often thought 2 centuries ago in the south. The very idea is disgusting today. People like Sachmo, Jackie Robinson and Bill Cosby, have won hearts today and broken down barriers. M.L. King did much to push the envelope. And I feel bad for the things they have endured. But women and children are not property or sub human either. Such a mind set produces abuse and causes the abuser to act sub human.

The problem with illegal aliens is much different. In their desperation they have broken our national laws and that is offensive. I have great affection for some people who are illegal or children of illegal aliens; they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. Perhaps we should make it easier for people to enter our country legally and get work visas. But the government giving preferential treatment to illegal aliens for jobs, benefits and schooling is particularly offensive and creates a lot of anger. The fact that our government disregards our laws and refuses to enforce them is disgusting. The general disregard for the law in our society is an offence. It seems that sensitivity training today means to desensitize us to criminal acts and to lawbreakers.

Oh my!  Please.....tell us how you really feel... :grin:

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Enoc, my poor hubby has put up with his opinionated wife for 50 years, and he was raised to think that women should "stay in their place.!" But blame it on my dad. He encouraged this flagrent behavior. It did manage to get me good grades back in the day when schools encouraged students to have a mind of their own and not just parrot back the agenda of their teachers. Ooops there I go again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

"History is written by the victors"

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

"History is written by the victors"

something we should all keep in mind....   also  sometimes turns a truth into a conspiracy theory...