• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

John 15: 12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Hypothetical situation. Consider two parents and two children. Parent A and child A first. Child A wants to eat candy and chips for dinner. Child A also likes to play in the street. Parent A, in an effort to be his child's friend and not put restrictive limits on him, allows this.

Likewise, Child B likes to eat candy and chips for dinner and likes to play in the street. But Parent B insists his child eat nutritional food, and he insists his child limit his play area to the security of the back yard.

Which parent loves his child more?

Blessings!

-Ed

Hard one to answer, because believe it or not, even stupid misguided parents can love their children....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP)- A local church has elected to stop performing marriage ceremonies for straight couples until same-sex marriage is legalized.

In a statement posted on the front page of their website, officials at the Green Street United Methodist Church said that they ask other churches to join in the movement to “refuse to sign any State marriage licenses until this right is granted to same- sex couples.”

The statement added, “Because the United Methodist Church prohibits its pastors from conducting same-sex weddings, excluding gay and lesbian couples from the holy sacrament of marriage, the Leadership Council has asked the pastor to refrain from conducting wedding ceremonies in our sanctuary for straight couples, until the denomination lifts its ban for same-sex couples.”

In the full version of their statement - publicly posted on their website – the church asks that services such as premarital counseling be offered to couples of all orientations, in addition to other couple-specific services.

“We ask that our pastors, at their discretion, [also] offer to all couples regardless of orientation a Service of Relationship Blessing in the Sanctuary of Green Street Church,” the statement notes.

http://charlotte.cbs...riage-is-legal/

The Great Apostasy rolls on....

I had a friend in Pennsylvania, who was definitely a solid believer, who was a member and pastor of a Methodist church. Before becoming a pastor, their former pastor was also a solid believer. I always celebrated that at least two Methodist churches were hearing the gospel.

Anyway, a while back, the U.S. Methodist church wanted to have the international council vote to alter the church by-laws to a more liberal stand. At that time, in Africa there had been a large revival with a huge number coming to solid belief on Jesus, in the Methodist churches and there, the Methodist church was gaining large numbers of born again new believers. With the larger numbers growing in Africa, and the African contingent hearing about the changes being proposed, the representatives from Africa showed up to the international meeting, and voted strongly to preserve the biblical stand their current by-laws reflected, defeating the changes proposed by the liberal segment of the Methodist church in the U.S. Of course my friend was celebrating the African Methodists.

Another aquaintance in Pittsburgh that I have worked with in evangelism is a member and was a teacher/leader in the Episcopal church. At an evangelistic meeting we had in Pittsburgh with many evangelists attending, my friends minister was a guest who gave the bendictions and encouraging sermons in the morning. He was a very dynamic speaker and encourager. Anyway, when some votes came up in the Episcopal church taking it more liberal, my friend and her pastor spoke strongly against and tried to keep the church more biblical in their stances. The conflict lasted for at least a year, with my friend and her pastor and others with a more biblical view ending up breaking away from the central organization and forming a more conservative/biblical Episcopal group. I believe churches in Pennsylvania and Texas were the more conservative and split away.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This gay thing is here to stay. We already let it go too far. Just like the fornication thing is here to stay. Again we let it go too far. We let all the big sins go too far already. Jesus said when He returned if He'd find true faith on the Earth. I don't know. These people may have true faith, but they will also be steeped in what the Bible calls sin. This is why I wanted us to cry out to God that we've had enough. I have.

I don't have an answer for this problem. I think only God can solve this.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

This gay thing is here to stay. We already let it go too far. Just like the fornication thing is here to stay. Again we let it go too far. We let all the big sins go too far already. 1Jesus said when He returned if He'd find true faith on the Earth. I don't know. 2These people may have true faith, but they will also be steeped in what the Bible calls sin. This is why I wanted us to cry out to God that we've had enough. I have.

I don't have an answer for this problem. 3I think only God can solve this.

1. We are told the before He returns, this world will be as the days of Noah and Lot.
  2. True believers will not continue to live in sin. The Holy Spirit will convict them of sin just as He has done with us. If they choose to live in sin and reject His correction, they are not His. Nobody is perfect, this we can agree on. Yet, someone who live in the following will not enter into His rest: "cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars".
  3. The solution will arrive when Christ returns. We can only speak the truth, or be seen as a coward.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I expect a number of churches to be 'hijacked' by those who are working for Satan. It could happen to your own church. Be wary.

Even if they don't hijack your church, they may try to hijack the name. They've already hijacked Jesus (the name that is). The Muslims did this 1400 years ago.

I don't know what Methodists believe in, I haven't researched all the different denominations. But I do know that it is probably unfair to criticise Methodists when someone has hijacked their church. Expect to see more of this. It will force Christians to turn against each other. In the near future don't be surprised to see a Pentecostal church supporting gay marriage or a Baptist church supporting 'New Age' interfaith worship, or Anglicans promoting Satan worship. They will be impostors of course, but it is easy for workers of Satan to infiltrate the highest offices of these churches and then re-define them.

Good Christians will be able to spot the difference and either abandon a fallen church or resist its corruption. We are in danger of becoming fragmented, but as believers in Christ we all need to stick together.

Guest shiloh357

Churches that promote the homosexual lifestyle including gay marriage are not true Churches. They are a forinication of bricks. Homosexuality has no place in the church and those who practice and/or promote it are not genuine followers of Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,347
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This is not a difficult place .... God in His Own Body condemned immorality forever! Now God in us will not justify it! Love, Steven

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP)- A local church has elected to stop performing marriage ceremonies for straight couples until same-sex marriage is legalized.

In a statement posted on the front page of their website, officials at the Green Street United Methodist Church said that they ask other churches to join in the movement to “refuse to sign any State marriage licenses until this right is granted to same- sex couples.”

The statement added, “Because the United Methodist Church prohibits its pastors from conducting same-sex weddings, excluding gay and lesbian couples from the holy sacrament of marriage, the Leadership Council has asked the pastor to refrain from conducting wedding ceremonies in our sanctuary for straight couples, until the denomination lifts its ban for same-sex couples.”

In the full version of their statement - publicly posted on their website – the church asks that services such as premarital counseling be offered to couples of all orientations, in addition to other couple-specific services.

“We ask that our pastors, at their discretion, [also] offer to all couples regardless of orientation a Service of Relationship Blessing in the Sanctuary of Green Street Church,” the statement notes.

http://charlotte.cbs...riage-is-legal/

The Great Apostasy rolls on....

Many Churches are turning their backs of Jesus, this is just one more down. The Bible teaches about a falling away towards the last days. Please! I am not a date setter.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

A local church has elected to stop performing marriage ceremonies for straight couples until same-sex marriage is legalized.

Okay just go pick another church. There are many churches out there and any number of them will be happy to marry you.

Guest shiloh357

A local church has elected to stop performing marriage ceremonies for straight couples until same-sex marriage is legalized.

Okay just go pick another church. There are many churches out there and any number of them will be happy to marry you.

You are missing the bigger picture.