IGNORED

Who do you think the woman is in Revelation 12?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Any thoughts here?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Any thoughts here?

Revelation 12 (NASB95)

1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;

2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.

4 And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.

6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,

8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

11 “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

12 “For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.”

13 And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

15 And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.

16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth.

17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Genesis 37:9-11 (NASB95)

9 Now he had still another dream, and related it to his brothers, and said, “Lo, I have had still another dream; and behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”

10 He related it to his father and to his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have had? Shall I and your mother and your brothers actually come to bow ourselves down before you to the ground?”

11 His brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the saying in mind.

Joseph was the 12th star.

The woman is Israel.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Any thoughts here?

Revelation 12 (NASB95)

1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;

2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.

4 And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.

6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,

8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

11 “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

12 “For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.”

13 And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

15 And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.

16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth.

17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

9 Now he had still another dream, and related it to his brothers, and said, “Lo, I have had still another dream; and behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”

10 He related it to his father and to his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have had? Shall I and your mother and your brothers actually come to bow ourselves down before you to the ground?”

The woman is Israel.

Yes,it is a city.It is Israel. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

opposite to the woman in Revelation 17

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Any thoughts here?

Revelation 12 (NASB95)

The woman is Israel.

I was looking for you on here. I started to watch some of the Chuck Missler videos on revelation. It is long though, and I haven't gotten to the meat of it yet. Can you reference any of the other old testament symbolism?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Who do you think the woman is in Revelation 12?

The constilation Virgo.

http://www.askelm.com/star/index.asp

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Revelation 12 begins with a 'great wonder in heaven' which speaks of a woman. It is quite possible that this is referring to a sign that would manifest and be seen in the sky before the event takes place. Something to consider is that we are awaiting the 'birth' of or manifestation of the sons of God who will rule and reign over the earth with Christ in the millennium. A screen capture of the sky on October 16th, 2012 shows that the elements necessary to fulfill the first portion of the scripture were present on that day.

thewomanintheheavens.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see in the image above, Virgo the virgin is 'clothed' with the sun which is also set right in place of the 'womb', while the moon is below her feet. Saturn is positioned in such a way as to seemingly be ready to 'devour' her child, the sun, as it is 'born'. There is a Greek myth about Saturn that speaks about him eating his children when they were born.

A lot of variables here and I simply find it interesting that it goes along with much of the other seeming fulfillment of scripture recently. But what do I know? I am just a guy seeking to love God, then my neighbor as myself, putting on Christ and walking in him.

As I try to make sense of all of this, I am drawn to believe that we are seeing the signs of the 'birth' of the 144,000 chosen of God who will preform their work that they have to do. I personally believe that all of it is spiritual in nature so as to hide the truth from those to which it is hidden. I simply believe that I am led to understand that which I need to for the purpose God has given me upon the earth. That purpose is to provoke others unto love and good works while it is yet called To Day and the night has not yet come where no man can work.

The most interesting note to me is that the woman gives birth but the woman herself is left behind while her child is caught up unto heaven to the throne of God. She faces great wrath from the dragon. The 144,000 are sealed and also appear with the lamb upon the mount of olives which is where he met with his disciples for the famous Matt 24 discourse on the end times. In Revelation we see that most go through the tribulation and lose their lives for his names sake but this tribulation seems to me to be that which brings forth the 'birth' of the 'child' of the 'woman'. Strangely enough to me it all swirls around in my head and paints a picture but that picture is not yet clear.

What I do know is that I am to seek to become innocent as a lamb who is led to the slaughter or sheared by the shearers who will ultimately be led by God unto glory. And this I do.

Peace in Christ and may he bless you on your journey.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Specifically, FAITHFUL Israel, as opposed to apostate Israel.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Revelation 12 begins with a 'great wonder in heaven' which speaks of a woman. It is quite possible that this is referring to a sign that would manifest and be seen in the sky before the event takes place. Something to consider is that we are awaiting the 'birth' of or manifestation of the sons of God who will rule and reign over the earth with Christ in the millennium. A screen capture of the sky on October 16th, 2012 shows that the elements necessary to fulfill the first portion of the scripture were present on that day.

thewomanintheheavens.jpg

As you can see in the image above, Virgo the virgin is 'clothed' with the sun which is also set right in place of the 'womb', while the moon is below her feet. Saturn is positioned in such a way as to seemingly be ready to 'devour' her child, the sun, as it is 'born'. There is a Greek myth about Saturn that speaks about him eating his children when they were born.

A lot of variables here and I simply find it interesting that it goes along with much of the other seeming fulfillment of scripture recently. But what do I know? I am just a guy seeking to love God, then my neighbor as myself, putting on Christ and walking in him.

As I try to make sense of all of this, I am drawn to believe that we are seeing the signs of the 'birth' of the 144,000 chosen of God who will preform their work that they have to do. I personally believe that all of it is spiritual in nature so as to hide the truth from those to which it is hidden. I simply believe that I am led to understand that which I need to for the purpose God has given me upon the earth. That purpose is to provoke others unto love and good works while it is yet called To Day and the night has not yet come where no man can work.

The most interesting note to me is that the woman gives birth but the woman herself is left behind while her child is caught up unto heaven to the throne of God. She faces great wrath from the dragon. The 144,000 are sealed and also appear with the lamb upon the mount of olives which is where he met with his disciples for the famous Matt 24 discourse on the end times. In Revelation we see that most go through the tribulation and lose their lives for his names sake but this tribulation seems to me to be that which brings forth the 'birth' of the 'child' of the 'woman'. Strangely enough to me it all swirls around in my head and paints a picture but that picture is not yet clear.

What I do know is that I am to seek to become innocent as a lamb who is led to the slaughter or sheared by the shearers who will ultimately be led by God unto glory. And this I do.

Accoring to Dr. Martin's book, the full description of that account happened between six and 9 PM in Jerusalem on September 11, 3BC and was the only time for a large number of years. I do not know when or if it will happen again. That date also goes along with the scripture in Luke for the birth of Jesus.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

thewomanintheheavens.jpg

Accoring to Dr. Martin's book, the full description of that account happened between six and 9 PM in Jerusalem on September 11, 3BC and was the only time for a large number of years. I do not know when or if it will happen again. That date also goes along with the scripture in Luke for the birth of Jesus.

I have been researching this and do not find the alignment that Dr. Martin spoke of. There was a similar alignment on September 21st, 3BC without Saturn being involved. I don't think that the scripture in Revelation is looking backward but forward. We shall all soon see. Here is the picture from the 3BC date.

september21.png