IGNORED

Split... "Womanhood" - Pants

wingnut-

Guest LadyC

this topic has been hashed and rehashed a thousand times. in fact, one participant in this conversation has said some horribly rude and accusatory things to and about me because of my position in the past. but the bottom line, and the ONLY line that counts, is that God's very own Word, the BIBLE, does NOT tell women they have to wear dresses or skirts. NOWHERE does God forbid a woman to wear pants.. and NOWHERE in scripture does God define "that which pertaineth to a man" as anything resembling pants at all. period. in fact, at the time, NOBODY wore pants. men and women alike wore robes and garments that shared shared many physical characteristics, but could be distinguished because of adornment and the manner in which they were worn to fit the body

so while it is perfectly fine for an individual to determine for themselves what looks feminine, masculine, or whatever, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT fine to judge others based on one's personal bias. that is God's place, and God's place alone, and to say that God's opinion is that pants pertaineth only to men is to boldly, defiantly, and sinfully put words in God's mouth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

You all DO realize the title of this thread says Split Womanhood Pants, right? I needed a good laugh.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In my humble opinion God created each gender to fulfill very specific roles. Though our roles are different they are both of equal value and importance to His plan. He does not condone even the appearance of these roles being switched or shared to a great extent. In His wisdom He knows that once the appearance of role switching, or any deviance from His plan, becomes acceptable, to us, it won't take much for the actual act to do likewise.

Edited by Believer.Evermore

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

For a brief summary of the differences between men's and women's clothing in biblical times go to:

(link deleted)

Fyi, that link is to a site written by a member of a cult group.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My apologies and thank you for the information. I'll be more careful in the future.

My point is that both men and women dressed more or less the same in biblical times except for the adornment of their garments. A man's clothing was readily distinguishable from that of a woman.

My opinion, as given, stands, as it is not derived from whatever that site may have to say on the subject (which I have not seen). The descriptions of men's and women's apparel given there match others, from different sites. I used them as a source only because they seemed to present those descriptions in a more precise and brief manner.

Again, thanks for the tip. I'll steer clear of them.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The Christian life begins with liberty,freedom from the law ,sin and death and hell,why restrict liberties of other Christians and judge those who are not conforming to what you think is right.

Why does it matter to you what people wear,shouldn't we all show ALL people we love Jesus and who He is and not condemn people by wearing pants or whatever they wear...are we to judge? Judges not so we will not be judged.

Jesus loves the woman who wear the pants,He even loves prostitutes :) He came to set the captive free !!! :) :)

I'm so glad Jesus lifted me.

Singing Glory! Hallelujah!

Jesus lifted me.

Satan had me bound: Jesus set me free.

Jesus set me free.

'M So Glad

Jesus lifted me.

YOUR LOVE LIFTED ME

Your love lifted me! Your love lifted me-

from my sin and shame into liberty!

Your love lifted me!Your love lifted me-

from the sting of death into victory!

LIFTING UP JESUS

Lifting up Jesus, That's all that matters:

Praising His Name, His Holy Name above the world.

Standing before Him, Filled with His power,

Vict'ry we claim in Jesus' Name this Holy hour.

Lifting up Jesus.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Jesus loves the woman who wear the pants,He even loves prostitutes :) He came to set the captive free !!! :) :)

Aint that the truth. Amen.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Aint that the truth. Amen.

I'm wearing my comfy yoga pants:)

Oops:)

You all DO realize the title of this thread says Split Womanhood Pants, right? I needed a good laugh....

:24: :24: :24:

Them's Some Good Chaps

:cowboy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Butero

This issue always confuses me. From everything I've read or heard, people in Biblical times, male and female, all wore long, flowing type garments. How would they assign gender to clothing?

Here are questions I would ask of you. How does someone arrive at the conclusion it is wrong for a man to wear a dress? Lets look at the very argument people are making here to defend women in pants. Everyone used to wear robes. Doesn't that mean that it should be ok for a man to wear a dress? In most cases, I can still tell it is a man. Would your church be ok with a man in a dress teaching their kids Sunday School class? I have told of the solicitation I once got from Concerned Women For America, condemning a book about a little boy who wore a skirt to school his Mother made for him. They were condemning it as teaching little boys to wear clothing for women, even though the skirt was made specifically for him, and a little girl in the story defended him as she aked, "what is the problem, I wear pants." How do we know any clothes are gender specific? If women are just as feminine in pants as a dress or skirt, doesn't it stand to reason a man is just as masculine in a dress as in jeans? Also, the Bible doesn't say anything about simply being able to tell what sex someone is. It says the woman shall not wear that which pertains to a woman, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment. One can be obviously a man or woman and still be guilty of this transgression.