IGNORED

So men and make-up....

Man - I am still waiting for your answer.

I don't see the point. Jesus said not to judge according to appearance. Is there something in that passage that cancels out what Jesus said? Or are you saying that what He said only pertains to that specific incident?

Again, you are interpreting the verse out of context.

What was Jesus referring to when He said "appearances"? Was He talking about his hair style or His robes?

I realize this is really petty, but why do I have to answer your questions but you don't have to answer mine?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I realize this is really petty, but why do I have to answer your questions but you don't have to answer mine?

I cannot answer your question if we have different understandings of what Jesus was talking about to begin with.

Thus, my questions are geared towards working through what Jesus meant.

Seriously, man, you love posing challenges and asking questions, but you do not respond well with being challenged back.

Revolutionist90 has already written off your challenge on account of reading the sentence you posted in its context.

So, if you cannot defend your position, then there is not any point in us continuing this.

The link should of brought you back to the very first post in the thread so you could review the whole thread. I apologize that it brought you to the second page. I was not trying to post one specific post.

Allow me to ask you now, if you don't mind. Do you see anything wrong with a man wearing makeup or a man having along hair?

Before I answer your question, I would like you to address your words pertaining to me and what I believe. You're trying to discredit me by using something I said in the past to contradict what I'm saying today. I went through that entire thread you linked too and found nothing. Perhaps it's in another thread, there were many. I have no problem owning up to what I've said. You just need to show me what I said and where I said it. If you can't, you need to withdraw the accusation.

That is the best dodge I have seen you make so far. :thumbsup:

I just remember the many discussions we have had where you were so against man having long hair, yet you say we should not judge a man who wears makeup. Really confusing to me what you really believe. Nothing more, nothing less ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Your posts:

It also says this.

1 Corinthians 11

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head.

That alone should be reason enough to get a haircut.

What does it say about head coverings and hair?

you are the one that equated head coverings to getting a hair cut, so you tell me.

1 Corinthians 11

14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?

15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering.

and when I tried to get even a further clarification, your reply is ...

1 Corinthians 11

14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?

15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering.

so then, you do think all men should shave their heads and be bald? :noidea:

otherwise there is some covering, and the verse you posted said that any covering was bad

if that is not your point, then I really dont know what it could be.

could you help by explaning what you meant, if I got it wrong.

Explaining it wouldn't matter, you would still twist my words, so it's pointless to even try.I am curious ... what is the length of "long"? 1" ... 6" ... 1' ???

You and I have been down this road before. Remember? If you really need an answer, I suggest you go back through those other threads. :thumbsup:

So, I must give you back your own advice. I am well aware that you stood firm that man should not have long hair. If you have changed your stance, fine, I can accept that. As I said, remembering our discussions of old, it was a shock for me to see you implying that we should not judge some male who wears makeup.

I am well aware that you stood firm that man should not have long hair.

That's right, they shouldn't. Do you know why?

If you have changed your stance, fine, I can accept that.

My stance hasn't changed.

As I said, remembering our discussions of old, it was a shock for me to see you implying that we should not judge some male who wears makeup.

Why do you think I took a stand here?