• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I have a question.

Let's preface it though.

Can we all agree that the devil seeks to rip off what God is doing and that he has never had an original thought of his own?

Meaning that everything that he does or will do as the anti-christ will be a warped duplicate of what God is doing or already has done and in complete opposition.

With that preface do you suppose that the anti-christ will have a church since he does have a kingdom and if that is true what do you suppose that church will look like?

What does the church of the anti-christ look like and what does it stand for?

This is my question.

I will follow it up with another one if we get sufficient response and discussion.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,997
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,694
  • Content Per Day:  11.66
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible does not say alot about where the anti-christ will come from.Their is alot of speculation from Bible scholars about where the anti-christ will come from.One day the anti-christ will be revealed 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

This is what the Bible has to say about the anti-christ.

Revelation 13:5-8

5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue[a] for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe,[b] tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

I am assuming the anti-christ will have a church but that is only speculation on my part.Maybe someone else on this board has scripture to back that up.

With that preface do you suppose that the anti-christ will have a church since he does have a kingdom and if that is true what do you suppose that church will look like?

Al-Masjid Al-Haram or the "Grand Mosque" is located in the city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

grand_mosque_mecca_soudi_arabia_photo_2.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

For the first half of the Tribulation the AC will not be a religious person. He will be more of an unknown beaurocrat. He will slowly become a person who becomes well known. The false prophet will handle all of the religious matters.

After the AC's death and resurrection, then he will claim to be God. When you are God, you don't really need a "church".

As far as where he will come from, I believe that he will come from the Tribe of Dan, which I believe will be Italy - my interpretation of Genesis 49 - but no one else agrees with me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,417
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Grace to you,

I have a question.

Let's preface it though.

Can we all agree that the devil seeks to rip off what God is doing and that he has never had an original thought of his own?

I will follow it up with another one if we get sufficient response and discussion.

Peace,

Dave

I won't comment for I can't agree with this.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Grace to you,

I have a question.

Let's preface it though.

Meaning that everything that he does or will do as the anti-christ will be a warped duplicate of what God is doing or already has done and in complete opposition.

This is my question.

Peace,

Dave

Pretty much so. He is trying to copy God because he wants to be God. He wants us to worship him instead of God, but he will not give us what God will, because he can't and because he has no desire to. He will happily deceive us with false promises.

I don't know what his church will look like.

Edited by WillowWood

• Followers:  4

Let's look at something here;

2Th 2:3
¶ Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the departure comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,

The coming of the day of the Lord which Paul is addressing in his letter will not happen until there is a first a falling away and the man of sin is revealed. What man of sin? Some assume the anti-christ. I'll go with that but I'll also venture that the scripture can have a dual meaning.

Regardless it is followed by this;

2Th 2:4
he who opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God or that is worshiped; so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself up as God.

Now let's look at something;

Ga 5:17
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one other, that you may not do the things that you desire.

Who or what opposes God? It appears that the Flesh wars against the Spirit and vice a versa. It appears that the man wars against God unless the man is humbled to the Spirit or even atoned for and given new life in Christ.

Apparently there is a falling away which leads to this man standing up in the Temple of God, even setting himself up as though he were God. This apparently can't happen until there is a general Apostasy, a general deying of the Word of God, even in the Church of God.

So again I ask, What does the Church of the anti-christ look like?

I'm not trying to have an Eschaetological discussion here about timing or even who although I do have an opinion that it may be man in general and not a particular man.

I'm trying to ascertain what this Apostate Church, or the Church of the anti-christ, looks like. We should be able to identify it by it's charecteristics, right? I mean it should bear fruit. It should manifest a charecter that oppoases God and all He is doing. It might even look like God's Church so much so that scripture seems to indicate that the elect might even be deceived, but we have been told haven't we?

Peace,

Dave

.... What does the church of the anti-christ look like and what does it stand for?

~

Me/We

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Or He

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1939

There are many Anti-Christ's, those who do not teach the True God are anti-Christ's and there are many. The Bible states that there is only One God, One faith and One Church or Body of people of Christ. It is up to an individual to seek and find the answer to who they are.

Those who teach opposite of God's truth are not of Christ and yes there will be a One World religion when this Beast System is set up and will rule for 3-31/2 years.

propheticnews@live.com

Edited by freeman455

• Followers:  4

There are many Anti-Christ's, those who do not teach the True God are anti-Christ's and there are many. The Bible states that there is only One God, One faith and One Church or Body of people of Christ. It is up to an individual to seek and find the answer to who they are.

Those who teach opposite of God's truth are not of Christ and yes there will be a One World religion when this Beast System is set up and will rule for 3-31/2 years.

propheticnews@live.com

Awesome, the timing thing isn't really relevant to the discussion, but thanks.

in regards to your answer.

Do you believe that this Beast system or church of the anti-christ will even claim to be doing the will of the Most High? Let's take it a step further, will there be some who claim to be of the House of God, but in fact will be doing the work of satan so much so that they will declare to be God Himself?

What does this look like, flesh it out because I'm getting ready to propose that we are already seeing the beginning of it.

The man has already begun to stand up in the Tempple and declare that he is in fact God in complete denial of the Word of God.

Remember what the Temple in actuality is in NT terms;

1Co 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

We individuals are the Temple of God and yet corporately the Body makes up the Temple;

1Pe 2:5

You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

2Co 6:16

What agreement has a temple of God with idols? For you are a temple of the living God. Even as God said, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

The Temple wasn't designed to be some structure that represented God, but a place where God would dwell with His people.

Does scripture give us a picture of this Apostasy and what this false church will look like?

Peace,

Dave